I’m linking this article because it has an interesting PDF file. It’s entitled “The Commonwealth of Massachusetts v. John Odgren”. I found it compelling and hard to put down. Let me give you the highlights for those of you who aren’t PDF enabled.
- Odgren had January 19th, the day of the murder, marked on his calendar.
- He was accepted by other students and there was no evidence of bullying.
- He took particular joy in the blood splatter experiments in his forensic class.
- Odgren threatened a student with a screwdriver.
- He chased another student with a sharpened object which according to the article was a shard of glass.
- The knife used to murder James Alenson was a 13 inch kitchen carving knife.
- When Police Crime Scene Services arrived he excitedly offered to help them.
- He made jokes with police and investigators.
- He said that he didn’t even know the kid’s name (Alenson).
If I didn’t know any better, and I do, I’d swear this was a premeditated murder on a random victim.
I don’t care if Odgren was in a wheelchair stricken with polio after his puppy died. He’s obviously in need of a lengthy stay behind bars. And as in lengthy I mean forever.