Without truth there is no justice

The Mama and the War President by Mumia Abu-Jamal:

You know, I wasn’t going to jump on the whole Cindy Sheehan thing but when my least favorite convicted cop killing scumbag, Mumia Abu Jamal, has something to say about it I’m on it like Michael Moore on a turkey leg. For the most part it’s the usual leftist rhetoric but as usual, I have a part of his “article” that I have a serious problem with…

Cindy Sheehan has every right to be in Crawford and every right to protest the bogus war that snatched the young promising life of her son, Casey. She knows as thousands of other mothers and fathers have come to know that their sons and daughters did not die to bring democracy. Their lives were lost to insure the wealth and maintenance of princes, kings and presidents, of corporate directors of Halliburton, of the rights of the elite, not the working many.

Oh really? So tell me what did Daniel Faulkner die for? You know him. The guy you shot and killed. The man who your bullets were found in his body. The man whose wife you made a widow 25 years ago. Did he die to ensure the wealth and maintenance of princes, kings, and presidents, of corporate directors of Halliburton, of the rights of the elite? No, he died because you killed him. He died for just doing his job. He died because he pulled your brother over for going the wrong way on a one-way street. Your entire following and celebrity were built on the blood of Daniel Faulkner. Now, who is taking advantage of the working man?

I can’t wait for your death sentence to be reinstated. One less cop killing scumbag in the world. Rot in hell.

And Cindy Sheehan, you’ve been endorsed by a cop killer. How does that make you feel?

19 thoughts on “The Mama and the Cop Killer

1. He still says “from Death Row.” He isn’t still on it, is he?

Yeah, and that’s the kind of support I want. “What do cop killers think about the war?”

2. Trench says:

Maybe we should ship his ass over there. Minus a gun of course.

3. A Weapon of Mass Disturbance says:

I like Mumia right where he is. Better to have an aging cop killer from Hollywood central casting sitting in a cell than a dead martyr to be built into a legend by his dopey followers.

4. Trench says:

You mean kind of like how Harris and Klebold have become false martyrs with dopey followers?

5. A Weapon of Mass Disturbance says:

Was that the click of my mouse or the click of a bouncing betty as I sent my last message.

There was a valid point to my last message in spite of appearing to step in it. Harris and Klebold have a following because they chose to die during their attack. When you’re dead, you cannot say anything foolish. You are forever young. That sort of thing. By your own admission, there are an awful lot of bulletin boards, websites, and online communities devoted to their memory. If they were both in prison periodically ranting about whatever was bothering them, their following would lose interest. They would become just a couple of aging killers with an increasingly tiny footnote in history to mark their passing.

Periodically, you’ve expressed concern about people who praise H&ampK or otherwise appear to be encouraging others to commit similar acts. Your concern is certainly understandable, but is it really that easy? I don’t have psychic mind control powers, so if I can convince your teenager that mass murder is a viable solution to his problems just by writing something on the internet, isn’t that kind of a wake up call for everyone to take a close look at the competence of society’s child rearing institutions?

6. Trench says:

I see your point about being silent in death however the opposite can also be said for people like Mumia and Manson who are still alive, still shooting their mouths off, pun intended, and their followers or “fans” have grown over time.

And you said “so if I can convince your teenager that mass murder is a viable solution to his problems just by writing something on the internet, isn’t that kind of a wake up call for everyone to take a close look at the competence of society’s child rearing institutions? You left out parents as well.

7. A Weapon of Mass Disturbance says:

The institution of family is my primary target. Haven’t you plowed through my blog yet?

8. Trench says:

Before I answer that answer me this. Wasn’t it you who said this about me on a pro-mutant message board…

This guy’s hobby is to look for websites that don’t conform to The Lords of Denial. He claims to have downloaded a large number of them onto CD’s and turned them over to “law enforcement authorities.” Wow. My hero. He’s going to save civilization from the retaliation of its whipping boys. And like all of the other self appointed saviors of society, he claims to have been bullied too. Of course, he got over it like a good, little conformist and became a productive citizen, free from latent anger. Perhaps if all the other victims of community sanctioned sadism would just realize what their true place in the natural order of things was, we wouldn’t have any arguments.

Heil Hoffschneider!!

That’s called forgetting history. Historians are always warning us not to do that.

9. A Weapon of Mass Disturbance says:

Was that shortly after you stopped posting my comments? Silence really isn’t golden. It only undermines one’s ability to use words to make one’s feelings known. What typically happens to a teenager at Columbine High School who attempts to use words to complain about bullying to someone in authority?

10. Trench says:

Do you happen to know how Harris and Klebold were allegedly bullied. I mean specific occurrences. Not that they were just “harrassed by jocks”. Even if they were it’s still not an excuse to kill 13 people.

11. A Weapon of Mass Disturbance says:

You just can’t seem to abandon the idea that I’m offering a defense or excuse of some kind for mass murder. Think like a systems analyst who is studying the flaws in some large, complex manufacturing process, the finished product of which occasionally, but not consistently malfunctions and kills people. You follow the problem back to its source, then you attempt to convince those who control the manufacturing process to effect whatever changes are necessary to minimize the number of lethal, finished products that are manufactured in the future. But you just can’t seem to get anywhere. You explain the problem in a hundred different ways and the only response you get is insults, put downs, and highly intelligent comments like, “That isn’t an excuse.” It doesn’t take long before you realize that effecting the necessary changes in the system represents an enormous threat to all those who like things just the way they are. They’d rather let people continue to die than admit that their manufacturing process is flawed. Remember, the Ford Pinto didn’t explode because of a bad manufacturing process. It suffered from a personality syndrome. This is the sort of nonsense I run into. Again, if you read the book introduction in my blog, you’ll realize that I’ve abandoned my efforts to explain the problem and I’m simply attempting to demonstrate it instead. It might work within the time allowed, or it might not. But at least I’m trying.

And no, I’m not able to cite unrecorded events in the lives of Harris and Klebold any more than you could cite unrecorded, never spoken of events in my life if I went out and staged a media event. I know that they embraced that which is not simply different, but that which annoyed their communities the most. This sort of behavior is something of a classic response to being treated as an outcast.

12. Trench says:

Because that’s what it keeps sounding like.

Then how do you know they were bullied?

13. A Weapon of Mass Disturbance says:

An excuse or a defense is something you offer after committing a crime to avoid punishment. A reason or a rationalization is something that allows you to commit the crime by removing whatever inhibitions stand in the way. Bullying combined with community indifference is a powerful combination that allows one to rationalize almost anything. And your insistence that I prove that they were bullied is meaningless as you’ve repeatedly stated that bullying is not an excuse.

If you’re so certain that I’m just a nut whom no one will take seriously, why don’t you link my blog and let all of your readers see how unreasonable, twisted, and dopey I am? Don’t you trust your own readers?

14. Florida Bill says:

I, for one, am not to be trusted.

15. SM says:

You know what’s funny is she is protesting the right to choose….her son chose to reup at the time, he was out, &amp he reupped so he could go…he was a mechanic, he chose to jump in the hummer to go help out his buds which were in trouble. he didn’t have to do either of these things, but he chose to

now since these people are against choice, i wonder how many of these protestors have attended pro-choice protests….funny how these things are so contrary to each other, I suppose choice is only a good thing when it fits your agenda….

This woman is disgracing her sons name which died a hero’s death to save his friends, while I can understand her sorrow, her actions are horrid.

On a side note….i wonder who is watching and caring for her other kids….

16. Trench says:

If you have a weak mind maybe it does. Which brings be back to my point that if these kids can rationalize bullying, misperceived or otherwise, as an excuse to commit mass murder then they had much bigger problems to begin with.

And fine. If you really want my regular readers to go to your site I’ll let the next link you post through. You’ve been warned.

17. glenn says:

Any person who commits an act of violence must be held account for their actions.

It is something they “decided” to do and in that sense there is no excuse.

Neither is there any excuse for adults in the schools to address the abuse that is prevalent.

The adults are there “in place of parents” an have a duty to protect the children in their charge.

Where they have breech their duty it is much more likely for violence to occur.

The inaction of adults is the biggest factor of situations moving towards violence.

Trench found his way through such abuse without the help and care of the adults in his school life.

It shouldn’t have been that way.

They should have recognized what was being done to you, the torment and humilation it was causing and brought it to an end.

They didn’t, Trench made it through and became stronger for it, but that does not elimate that fact that the adults then and those now must be held accountable.

18. Trench says:

This thread has gone horribly off topic so I will start a new one.

19. Alyric says:

Whew, um… here goes.

I’ve read through the posts, and unless I missed some that were removed, I’m not sure I understand the problem.

First, I don’t know that Harris and Klelbold were bullied. Despite early media reports, I have yet to see or hear any evidence to suggest it. Remember that it really doesn’t have to be documented, as at least some of their peers would certainly have been aware of it. I do know, because there was a police report, that on at least one occasion there was intervention to stop *their* bullying.

It really doesn’t sound like he’s trying to defend them, Trench. I agree that, even if they were bullied, using it as rationalization for murder is ridiculous, but you keep the News of Doom site – you’ve seen people kill over even dumber things.

For example, the guy recently that murdered his girlfriend for breaking up with him. Excuse? No, but think of it as the difference between a defense and a motive. Remember that police actively seek out the reasons for murder – not to defend suspects, but to prosecute them.

I think what’s throwing some people off here is that, what to one person is apparently enough of a reason to commit murder, seems pointless and trivial to the rest of us. As I said, scroll through the News of Doom for proof of that.

The last thing I’d like to remind everyone of is that at this point, trying to figure out the reason H&ampK did what they did is really moot. They’re dead – they can’t be prosecuted. You couldn’t use the knowledge to prevent another shooting, because as I said – different people, different reasons. Just be thankful they’re dead and gone and won’t hurt anyone else.