Schools learn bullying can plant seed for tragedy:

Yet another article that’s designed to garner sympathy for school shooters and would be school shooters because they were allegedly bullied. While of course, I think bullying is a problem there’s a big difference between bullying and killing. And like I keep saying all these Columbine wannabes are taking the focus off of bullying and putting it on identifying would be school shooters.

Anyway back to my main point. As usual, the article is rife with inaccuracies…

The massacre at Columbine High School outside Denver on April 20, 1999, was the deadliest school shooting on record. Two teenagers, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, who dressed in Goth attire and felt like misfits, went on a rampage that left 13 dead and 24 wounded before killing themselves.

Wrong. They were not goths, they had plenty of friends, and most importantly they were bullies themselves. One only needs to go as far as this to learn the truth.

And secondly…

For instance, a 16-year-old who went on a rampage that left eight dead at a high school in Red Lake, Minn., a year ago fit the profile. School personnel described him as a loner who wore black and routinely was teased.

Wrong again. Weise may have been teased but when you’re a self-proclaimed Nazi you’re kind of inviting it on yourself. Not only that I read more than one report that said Weise used to bully kids that listened to rap.

But hey, let’s not let facts get in the way of “journalism”.

7 thoughts on “The Myth Spreads Like Cancer III

1. Ogre says:

Wow. That’s an awesome, complete article linked to there. I thought I knew a bit about that “shooting,” but I was wrong!

2. Trench says:

You’re talking about The Slate article right?

3. Trench says:

That’s the best article out there. I was lucky enough to have an e-mail conversation not too long ago with the author.

4. Jess says:

Hmm, Weise brought it on himself, you say? Sounds like you’re stating bullying is justified, Trench. Makes me wonder how exactly you treated people in high school. Certainly makes a lot of sense why you refuse to admit bullying is a problem.

5. Trench says:

Weise was also a bully himself according to a lot of reports I read. But I noticed you just passed over that fact. And to answer your question I was bullied in school every day but I didn’t kill anyone. I went on to have a pretty good life while most of my bullies are either dead, in jail, or working some dead end job.

6. trooper says:

reffer back to jim who was having an argument with dark soldier everyones been bullied and everyones bullied before.for some reason i could stick up for smaller kids and my mates but never myself.i did bully a kid once but not for fun like the jocks do becouse he was once my bully even when i was nice to the cunt he was a prick. oh by the way harris did not have alot of freinds but klebold did and that red lake shooter was confused he couldnt be a nazi he wasnt white.