Kenneth Bartley indicted in Campbell County school shootings:

It’s been a while since we’ve had any news about the Campbell County High shooting but yesterday a grand jury handed down an indictment against the 14-year-old shooter Kenny Bartley Jr…

The indictment accuses Kenneth Bartley of first-degree murder in the shooting of Assistant Principal Ken Bruce after being called to the office at Campbell County Comprehensive High School.

In the indictment he is also charged with another count of felony murder of Bruce while committing attempted murder on the other two men injured, Principal Gary Seale and Assistant Principal Jim Pierce.

Bartley is charged as an adult but not eligible for the death penalty.

14 thoughts on “Bartley indicted

1. Jim says:

Life in prison is good enough

2. DeoDuce says:

I think he should get the death penalty. It’s ridiculous that people claim monsters “didn’t know what they were doing was wrong” when they are minors. I knew not to blow away people when I was 14.

3. Bobbie7day says:

He wont get life in prison.

4. Jim says:

how about 3 weeks and a good prison rapeing ?

5. Bobbie7day says:

Jim, your mommy must be really proud of her son.

Kenneth Bartley pleads not guilty in Campbell County school shootings
    copyright AP
    Katie Allison Granju, Producer
    Last Updated: 6/9/2006 3:58:10 PM

A 14-year-old boy on Friday pleaded innocent in the killing of a high school administrator and the wounding of two others in November.

Kenneth Bartley stood quietly with his head down during an arraignment in Campbell County Criminal Court at Jacksboro. Defense attorney Mike Hatmaker told Judge Shayne Sexton that Bartley was pleading innocent to a seven-count indictment that included first-degree murder.

Bartley is charged with fatally shooting Assistant Principal Ken Bruce after being called to the office at Campbell County Comprehensive High School on November eithth and confronted over reports that he brought a gun to school.

He’s also accused in the wounding of Principal Gary Seale and Assistant Principal Jim Pierce, who have recovered and returned to work.

6. Jim says:

my mommy ? πŸ˜†

7. Bobbie7day says:

Yes Jim, your mommy. πŸ™‚

8. Jim says:

is that supposed to be some sort of attack ? πŸ˜† am I supposed to be insulted ? πŸ˜†

I believe my mother is proud of me… how about your father bobbie ? does he even know who you are ?:o

9. Jim says:

ohh… do you know who he is ? πŸ˜† got a hot lead for ya…. it has something to do with “milk” πŸ˜†

10. Bobbie says:

Obviously you were insulted or you would not have re-posed the question to me about my father. πŸ˜†

11. Jim says:

not even in the slightest. I take everything said to me from its source. In this case… a faggot with no sense of humor. You are nobody to me. if you died, I wouldn’t know it and if I did… I wouldn’t care. So how can your feeble attempt at an insult get to me ?

I laugh at you πŸ˜†

12. Bobbie7day says:

Little defensive there Jimbo. πŸ™‚

13. Jim says:

πŸ˜†

14. Cougar Mom says:

A Petition has been started to Honor Ken Bruce by naming the new elementary school in Campbell County after him. Mr. Bruce was killed on November 8, 2005 when a school shooting occurred at Campbell County High School in Jacksboro, TN. Please take a minute and help the community as we start to heal.