I guess we’re going to have another lesson in journalism. Previously it was reported that neither parents of the Columbine killers would appeal the Columbine evidence being released. Now the Rocky Mountain News is saying that for right now only the Klebolds are not appealing…
The parents of Columbine killer Dylan Klebold have decided not to challenge the release of more than 900 pages of documents taken from their home and that of fellow killer Eric Harris, their attorney said this morning.
Gary Lozow said that Tom and Sue Klebold hope that their decision will help bring an end to the litigation that has surrounded Columbine since the two seniors opened fire on April 20, 1999, killing a dozen students and a teacher and wounding more than 20 others.
“I think one of the kinds of thoughts that was important was simply to put an end to all of the litigation,” Lozow said. “Hopefully that will be part of what happens here — we’ll have to see.”
The documents are expected to be released Thursday, the Jefferson County sheriff said.
The Harris family has not yet filed any challenge to Jefferson County Sheriff Ted Mink’s decision to release the documents.
Today is the deadline.
As of what time today remains unknown.