Castillo obsessed with not only Columbine

Shooting Suspect Obsessed With Columbine:

More information the e-mail Alvaro Castillo sent to Columbine principal Frank DeAngelis and about Castillo himself…

Columbine Principal Frank DeAngelis did not read the e-mail until after the attack, according to a statement Thursday by the Jefferson County, Colo., schools. DeAngelis called the district’s security director, who called the Orange County Sheriff’s Department.

And it seems Castillo was not just a Columbine worshipping mutant either…

“He was obsessed with Columbine, the (Kip) Kinkel shooting in Oregon, the (Jonesboro) Arkansas high school shooting,” the sheriff said. Investigators found numerous diaries at Castillo’s home in which he wrote about attacks, Orange County Sheriff Lindy Pendergrass said.

And I wonder if this was the real trigger…

Officials with the North Carolina National Guard said Thursday that Castillo entered the guard as a recruit in 2004 and completed basic combat training in August 2005. He was never deployed and was being processed out of the guard after being determined to be medically disqualified for military service, according to the statement.

Eric Harris was denied entrance to the Marines shortly before Columbine. Coincidence, or a mutant imitating his hero? Probably coincidence but it’s an eerie one.

Castillo e-mailed Columbine principal

Authorities: NC school shooting suspect e-mailed Columbine principal:

Ok, this Alvaro Castillo guy just made himself king mutant…

(Hillsborough, NC-AP) August 31, 2006 – Authorities say the 19-year-old man accused of killing his father and then injuring two students during a shooting at Orange High School in North Carolina sent an e-mail to the Columbine High School principal warning of his attack.

The message was sent Wednesday morning by Alvaro Castillo to Columbine principal Frank DeAngelis. It read: “Dear Principal, In a few hours you will probably hear about a school shooting in North Carolina. I am responsible for it. I remember Columbine. It is time the world remembered it. I am sorry. Goodbye.”

He almost seems like the John Mark Karr of the mutant set except that Castillo actually killed someone.

Color me shocked (More on Alvaro Rafael Castillo)

Teen in Shooting Obsessed With Columbine:

You could have knocked me over with a feather when I read the headline. Well more like a sledgehammer. I knew my guess about Alvaro Rafael Castillo being a mutant would be correct…

A teenager accused of killing his father and then shooting two students at his former high school said Thursday that he had been obsessed for years with the mass killing at Columbine High School.

Alvaro Rafael Castillo mentioned that massacre as he arrived for an initial appearance in Orange County District Court. When asked why he fixated on the 1999 attack, Castillo said he didn’t know.

The 19-year-old was assigned a lawyer at his first court appearance and ordered held without bond. He didn’t speak during the brief hearing and only nodded when asked by Judge Charles Anderson if he understood the proceedings.

That last paragraph kind of surprised me. I thought Castillo would be crazy enough to go off on some rant while in court.

I found this mildly interesting…

The owner of the property on which the Castillo home is located refused to allow reporters access to the private road on Wednesday evening. The home is located amid a mix of horse farms, trailer parks and modest homes.

I wonder which one he lived in.

More details on Alvaro Rafael Castillo

Teen charged with first-degree murder:

Even more details in the murder of Rafael Huezo Castillo and the Orange High School shooting in Hillsborough, NC by Alvaro Rafael Castillo…

The first reports of what happened early Wednesday afternoon at Orange High School summoned a modern nightmare:

A trench-coat-clad teenager with guns and pipe bombs, shots fired, students hurt.

Asked why he had gone to Orange High School on Wednesday, Castillo, a former student, responded, “Columbine. Remember Columbine,” AP reported.

And we have status on one of the victims at the school…

About 1 p.m., an armed man “flew” past the parking lot’s guard house in a gray minivan and fired about eight shots, said Anne D’Annunzio, an Orange County Schools spokeswoman.

Two students were injured, neither seriously. Senior Tiffaney Utsman’s right shoulder was grazed by a bullet. An unidentified male student was hurt by broken glass, D’Annunzio said.

Utsman had been released from a hospital by Wednesday evening, said her mother, Champe Revis. “My feeling about Tiffaney is absolute relief that she really was not hurt at all,” Revis said.

Details of the shooting at the school…

Courtney Long, a senior, said she was outside when she saw a man jump from a minivan wearing a black hat, black trench coat, black sunglasses and a white T-shirt. He set off a long line of firecrackers, she said, sending up smoke. She said he fired at car tires, then at a school window, sending a bullet through the glass.

From a patio outside, senior Scott Cook heard an explosion and turned to see a man standing amid smoke in the parking lot.

“He pulled out a gun. … He fired in the air, then he aimed it toward the school. At that time, I high-tailed it out of there and ran into the building,” Cook said.

At the Orange High School parking lot, deputies found ammunition, weapons and homemade pipe bombs in the van. The Durham County Sheriff’s Office bomb squad removed the bombs.

I saw the video of the little bastard on my local news today. He literally is batshit crazy because he was smiling like he just won the lottery as they put him in the police car.

Castillo is due in court today.

More on Orange High School shooting

Former student charged with killing father:

The suspect in the Orange High School shooting in Hillsborough, North Carolina also killed his father…

Alvaro Rafael Castillo, 19, of Hillsborough has been charged with first-degree murder in the death of his father Rafael Huezo Castillo following Wednesday’s shocking school shooting at Orange High School.

“Sacrifice, it’s all sacrifice.” Castillo said when asked why he murdered his father and shot at Orange High students. “We all have to die for the world is cruel.”

Orange County Sheriff Lindy Pendergrass said the younger Castillo confessed to killing his father after deputies arrested him for firing on his former high school.

After the confession, deputies moved on the information. They forced their way inside of the Castillos’ home on Lipps Lane near the Durham County line. Inside, they found the boy’s father shot to death.

When asked about his father, Castillo said, “He made us suffer all his life. Someone had to put him out of his misery. He abused me and my family. He was abused, too.”

Castillo’s mutant ranking is way off the scale too…

As he was being forced into a police car, Castillo shouted out, “Columbine! Remember Columbine! Eric Harris, Dylan Klebold! Nathan Leopold, it’s his birthday! Sacrifice!” As the car was driving away, Castillo made his hand into the shape of a gun, put two fingers that were simulating a barrel into his mouth and then acted like he was shooting.

It should be noted that August 30, 1971, is actually the day Nathan Leopold died – not his birthday. Leopold and Richard Loeb gained notoriety in 1924 after they murdered a 14-year-old boy. The two University of Chicago students believed they were so smart they could pull off the perfect crime.

Since he’s obviously a deranged mutant I wonder what the alleged abuse actually was.

The Pro-Anorexia sites

The Vanishing Act:

This isn’t the first time I’ve taken on the topic of pro-eating disorder websites. With the explosion of sites like MySpace, Xanga, and LiveJournal and their refusal to do anything about it, this “movement” is growing…

Faced with recrimination from the outside world, the pro-ana girls went underground. There are currently hundreds of pro-eating-disorder groups spread over all the most popular social-networking sites, including Xanga, MySpace, and Live Journal. Many require new users to submit photos to moderators to prove they’re anorexic.

The hosts see it as a free speech issue I see it as a health and welfare issue. These girls are basically purging themselves into an early grave. Would any of these hosts allow sites that tell you new and better ways to commit suicide? This is no “lifestyle choice”. It’s a disease that the social networking sites are helping to spread.

School Shooting in North Carolina

Two injured in school shooting:

HILLSBOROUGH, N.C. — One person was shot and two people were injured Wednesday after a shooting at Orange High School.

Officials say a man fired approximately eight shots in the high school parking lot, hitting one female student in the shoulder. Another male student was injured by flying glass.

The gunman is now in custody. Officials said he sped past the high school’s security gate in a light gray minivan before opening fire. The gunman was a former student.

Two guns were seen lying on the parking lot pavement outside of the minivan after the shooting. One appears to be a shotgun. The other is a rifle and might possibly be an assault rifle missing its ammunition clip.

Deputies with the Orange County Sheriff’s Department locked down the school when they arrived. They weren’t letting anyone either in or out. They finally started busing students out of the school around 3:30 p.m.

As soon as I have more details I’ll let you know.

Jonathan Allen Miller

MySpace sex leads to charges:

A Portage man has been charged with sexual misconduct with a minor and child exploitation after he met a 15-year-old girl through MySpace and engaged in sexual activity that he videotaped, police said.

Jonathan Allen Miller, 18, of the 6500 block of Kandi Avenue, is accused of videotaping and taking digital photographs of sexual acts with the 15-year-old girl on March 3 or 4 in Hobart and Portage.

In the Hobart case, the girl, a former Hobart resident, met Miller through a MySpace profile page. They began instant messaging in February and eventually agreed to meet at a Portage school parking lot late on March 3 or early on March 4.

They drove around looking for a secluded spot and ended up in the Barrington Ridge subdivision near St. Mary Medical Center in Hobart, where they engaged in sexual activity until another car arrived and they left. Afterward, they drove to a site in Portage and engaged in sexual activity.

The girl’s mother learned of the alleged incident in June after discovering printed instant messages in the garbage in which her daughter was asking a man to return a tape of them having sexual contact. The girl then told her mother what happened, and the mother recovered a severely damaged VHS tape from Miller. She gave the tape to Portage police.

A member of the High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area task force was able to recover a portion of the tape depicting Miller and the girl having sexual contact.

The class C felony charges carry a sentence range of two to eight years in prison.

Yes, we do have Miller’s MySpace.

For those of you who think an 18-year-old boy having sex with a 15-year-old girl is no big deal get back to me when you have a 15-year-old daughter who is banging an 18-year-old and tell me how ok you are with it.

Possible suspect in Chanel Petro-Nixon’s murder

PIMP EYED IN 2ND SLAY:

New York police are looking at Jennifer Moore’s killer, Draymond Coleman, as a possible suspect in the murder of Chanel Petro-Nixon

Police sources said there are similarities:

– Both girls were choked to death.

– Both had their pants pulled down, although Moore was raped while Petro-Nixon was not.

– Their bodies were stuffed into black garbage bags and dumped.

After speaking to New Jersey investigators, Brooklyn cops believe the two murders could be Coleman’s handiwork, the sources said.

After she was killed in a New Jersey motel room, Moore’s fingernails were clipped and her body washed down in bleach, an effort to erase clues.

The body of Petro-Nixon, a top high school student, was found four days after she vanished on Father’s Day, with a chemical scar on her leg – possibly caused by bleach.

The connection may be a long shot, but cops said they are leaving no stone unturned in an effort to solve the Brooklyn teen’s murder.

Link via Gothamist.

Accutane

Accutane restrictions creating problems:

Dermatologists are complaining because restrictions have been put on the drug Accutane because of possible birth defects to babies if the drug is taken by pregnant women. They should be lucky that the drug is on the market at all. I was on this drug for years and let me tell you I’d rather have the worst acne in recorded history than the side effects of this drug. And it really didn’t do anything for my acne either.