The Trench Reynolds Crime Report

Crime News That Matters

School stabbing suspect faces life:

John Odgren is facing life behind bars without parole after a Middlesex grand jury handed down an indictment of first-degree murder in the stabbing death of James Alenson at Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School. The D.A.’s office described the murder as a “planned, unprovoked knife attack on an unsuspecting victim”.

Odgren’s attorney, Jonathan Shapiro had the following to say…

“Massachusetts’ criminal justice system is in the Middle Ages when it comes to the treatment of children,” Shapiro said.

14 thoughts on “Odgren indicted

1. Endersdragon says:

No I think he just doesn’t like the fact that the US is one of only 2 countries, the other of course being Somalia, that will sentence a kid to life in prision. With some things its okay for the US to go against the UN because other countries are doing it too, not here though, we are the only industralized country that would dream of doing this.

I am still wondering where the proof that it was premediated is, I just don’t see it. If the defense can prove that Odgren brought the knife with him every day it school for whatever reason (not all that uncommon with aspies as I have shown you before) and with his history of violent attacks… that adds up to it being unprovocated yes but certainly not planned.

2. Trench says:

Did you ever think that maybe the rest of the world is wrong? I know I do.

3. Endersdragon says:

Then why does the rest of the world have much much much smaller criminal rates? Why does the rest of the world not have school shootings once every couple of months? Why does the rest of the world not have overcrowded prisions? Face it what we are doing now isn’t working, we need to change something.

4. Versat says:

I’m going to have to agree with Endersdragon.

And by the way, stop twisting and turning words to make it sound like people who are against LWOP for children, condone murder.

5. Endersdragon says:

Thank you Versat. Feel free to email me at fnofsports@hotmail.com.

6. Endersdragon says:

Just in… he had brought the knife to school before and had it confiscated, that makes it harder to prove premeditation and not just EED.

7. Trench says:

You’re going to regret giving him your e-mail address. 😀

8. Endersdragon says:

I trust you with it all the time and I am smart enough to block someone you know.

9. Trench says:

Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

10. crystal ball says:

Trench said:
    “So I guess stabbing someone multiple times to death is considered modern and civil according to Mr. Shapiro.”
    This is perhaps the most mean-spirited and twisted statement I have come across in the blogoshere regarding this case, and there have been more than few. I won’t even go into the long list of reasons why Odgren should be tried as a juvenile, since you are most assuredly aware of them and simply don’t care to consider any of them. I only point it out so that others who stop by here will see that such a ridiculous and hurtful leap of “logic” didn’t go unanswered.

11. Endersdragon says:

I like you too, feel free to email me at the address listed above.

12. Trench says:

And I wasn’t even trying that hard. Sorry but I have no sympathy for murderers.

13. edahsthgin says:

….wait to you become one….

14. Jenny says:

Do you all realize (with the exception of Trench, the voice of reason) that the victim is James Alenson? John Odgren should spend the rest of his life behind bars. He will do this again. He is f-ed up in the head. His parents contribute to all of his problems, and yes he even told other students he had a knife collection. He told them they could use some of them as props for a movie or something if they needed to. He also would walk around the woods with a machette… HELLO? Can you say crazy? So what if people made fun of him for wearing a trench coat… I am sorry. I work as a teacher, hs mother was a school nurse. We all know about Columbine, John was trying to emulate that look and seem tough. That’s all.