The Trench Reynolds Crime Report

Crime News That Matters

I’m usually not one to say I told you so….ah who the hell am I kidding? Thanks to Mondoreb from DBKP we now know that ‘Megan Had It Coming’ was a hoax like I’ve been telling you all along. So if you’ll allow me…

*AHEM*

I told you so.

But someone was even more right than me and that would be Pat from Belchspeak. Early on he told me that it was probably someone from Encyclopedia Dramatica and it turns out he was dead on. For those of you who don’t know ED is a bizarro world version of Wikipedia that keeps track of all the drama on the internet. ED’s admission to it can be found here where they also refer to yours truly as an internet genius. Yes I know they’re being sarcastic.

However as crass and tasteless as this stunt was on ED’s part (as in I hope the hoaxter gets a kick in the balls by karma) the hoaxter has a point. Some assclown posts a blog claiming to be Lori Drew and a lot of you fell for it hook line and sinker further perpetuating the sad realization that even today some people will believe anything they see on the internet.

Remember Trench’s Internet Law #1 kids. Be skeptical and don’t trust anyone.

13 thoughts on “Megan Had It Coming is a hoax Part III: Hoax Confirmed

1. Soobs says:

I am continually amazed that Darwin’s Theory hasn’t eliminated the majority of people whose intelligence is less than normal. However, I am then hit in the face with the fact that people can still breed without a test.

I do think you are an Internet Genius, however.

2. Trench says:

Aw shucks ma’am.

3. Heather says:

MHIC site is gone

4. Trench says:

Nope, it’s still there.

5. Heather says:

You sure? Maybe it in your cache?

6. Trench says:

Checked it in 3 different browsers with the cache cleared and it’s still there.

7. Heather says:

hummm, must be user error then….

8. BelchSpeak says:

Thanks for tossing the credit my way Trench.

The case had several glaring clues.
    There was “An Hero” which is anyone that commits suicide, especially dealing with the internet.

Secondly, there was the seeding of the blogs with troll comments pointing back to MHIC.

Thirdly, the person or persons (it is very likely it was a group of users sharing an account) doing it were posting under the name Anonymous.

Finally, people were spitting bile over this in the comments, and those are what counts for lulz at ED.

9. Trench says:

Well the reason I didn’t think ED was behind it was because I only thought they documented the lulz. I didn’t realize they went and manufactured it too.

10. m.l. says:

The original posts have been taken down from MHIC the final post is still there though. I was able to still pull up the old ones through Google Cache last night, but not today.

11. Heather says:

Is this the IP address range? 209.237.76.0/24

12. miqrogroove says:

“Well the reason I didn&rsquot think ED was behind it was because I only thought they documented the lulz.”

For those reading the main article on ED, the MHIC blog was outed as a fake as soon as the ‘I am Lori Drew’ entry appeared. There was agreement on this point among the ED staff and editors.

Just because someone has a user account at ED doesn’t mean they are acting on behalf of ED.

13. miqrogroove says:

If you care to have the Permanent Link it is http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/index.php?ti