Parents Arrested After Toddler’s Death:

Andrew Paffendorf and Alicia Paffendorf of Modesto, California were both arrested in the death of their 16-month-old son, Andrew.

Suspicious injuries were found on the toddler so it’s safe to assume that he was beaten.

I still don’t get why anyone would violently kill their own child especially at that age.

Personally I’m afraid of babies.Well not really afraid but really hesitant to hold one ever since I found out about the soft spot when I was a kid. Ever since then I’ve been reluctant to hold a baby due to an irrational fear of somehow I’d end up damaging the kid through the soft spot.

Yet a married couple have no compunctions of allegedly beating their own flesh and blood.

The world makes no sense.

24 thoughts on “California couple charged in son’s beating death

1. Ihavekidstoo says:

Trench, babies are actually quite durable little guys when it comes to the normal bumps and scrapes of ordinary, daily living. Which is why it’s so much more horrific when an adult beats an infant. Your chances of hurting them with reasonable, careful handling (and you seem like a reasonable guy) are pretty slim. You have to either intend to do harm or be a total, careless dimwit to damage a baby accidentally.

2. Ihavekidstoo says:

3. Anonymous says:

Your fear (albeit irrational) is what would make you a great father.

I’m so sick and tired of reading about total wastes of oxygen giving birth, then killing innocent children…..

4. Soobs says:

Your fear (albeit irrational) is what would make you a great father.

5. ana says:

This is just plain horrible. The two persons who were supposed to love and protect this baby fail him. Trench, like you the first time I had my baby in my arms, I was so scare to touch him thinking I could brake this fragile little person.

6. ana says:

7. pak31 says:

Trench, that’s actually very sweet. At least you are cautious, but like Ihavekidstoo said, they are very resiliant and durable. Regardless, who are these people? All of these people that feel the need to do this type of crime, especially to their own? Human nature and just being a good person should make you want to protect and nurture your child. These people are just sick. I hope they are locked away forever.

8. pak31 says:

9. Steve says:

first of all, I dont want to offend anyone here, but no one here knows the parameters of the case, nor the poeple invlolved like I do. these two and their relatives were once my family and i can tell you from my personal experience that the father has a history of mental illness, while the mother does not. however, the mother is very intimidated and very quick to give in, especially to what her husband wants. I in no way am convinced in the slitghtest amount she had anything to do with the death of her child.

No one here has the right to voice their opinion on the ALLIGATIONS of this death. considering it hasnt even been ruled a homicide yet. Until one or both of them are convicted, do not call this homicide.

10. Steve says:

11. Samantha says:

Actually, Steve, we ALL have the right to voice our opinions, because thats what they are, opinions…. right or wrong, we can say what we think.

12. Samantha says:

13. Hemlock says:

Yep, I think the First Amendment allows us the ability to voice our opinions. And anyway, everyone is responsible for their own actions, of inaction as the case may be. Better hope no one ever gets me on their abuse jury. The whole defense of “But I was afraid or there was nothing I could do.” wouldn’t fly with me. Someone who does nothing is just as guilty as the person that deals the killing blow.

Sorry to say but here’s my opinion: mentally unstable people should be sterilized (especially the delusional or violent). They should not be allowed to breed, they should not be allowed to adopt, they should not be allowed to care ofr a child in any capacity. And if you’re going to hitch yourself to a mental whack-job, you should be sterilized to. We don’t need any more Andrea Yates.

But I also think that people on welfare should be sterilized until they are financially stable. And people under the age of 25 should be temporarily sterilized to. And that everyone should be required to take a parenting class and PASS it before being allowed to have kids.

Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.

14. Hemlock says:

Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.

15. karen says:

unfortunately hemlock, just as you have a right to an opinion and to voice it, they have the right to bear children. age is not always a factor in horrific parenting. to sterilize a person until the age of 25 denies the good parents their right to begin a family….and will do nothing to prevent the jackasses from parenting after 25. i do however, agree to some extent with your views on welfare recipients…not so much the wife whose husband walked out on her or whatever and needs a helping hand to get on her feet. however, the ones who keep producing one after another (i’ve adopted a sibling group of 4…their birth mother is on child number 9…has none of them…just keeps reproducing). at some point the state needs to say enough is enough…you have them, we take them. next one , you have your choice…voluntary sterilization or jail time.

16. karen says:

17. Samantha says:

Karen, I have to say I totally agree with you.

18. Samantha says:

Karen, I have to say I totally agree with you.

19. CHUPIE says:

STEVE I DONT GIVE 2 FU**’S WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY ANY BITCH THAT LETS A MAN KILL HER CHILD BELONGS IN PRISON AND HE DOES AS WELL THAT CHILD DID NOT DO SHIT AND NOW IS DEAD DUE TO HIS PARENTS. ARE U STUPID THEY ARE PIECES OF SHIT

20. CHUPIE says:

21. sfdude_2008 says:

Steve is a BIG FAT TROLL. PERIOD.

Chupie, do not feed the trolls. They won’t even go away if you insist on feeding them; in fact, they will just keep coming back.

As for you again, Steve, that slut let her stupid man beat the poor kid to death because she hated that baby and wanted her stupid penis to kill Andrew. Andrew did nothing wrong, so stop being an Internet troll and go away cuz this site is for people that truly care about kids, not for Internet trolls like you.

22. sfdude_2008 says:

Steve is a BIG FAT TROLL. PERIOD.

23. Gary says:

I’ve never laid on hand on my son, except for a one hand, onetime, spank on his butt.. That was after telling him, five times, not to do something. I don’t have mental issues, at least none I know of. I do know my wife would not put up with anyone, let alone me, hurting our child.. Then again I don’t intimidate her, nor would I want to.

24. Gary says: