Man Pushes Son in Leg Braces Down Steps, Punches Daughter, Threatens Wife:

I think we have a contender for father of the year here.

Christopher Donnie Smith Sr. of Lexington Park, Maryland allegedly punched his 16-year-old daughter in the face repeatedly and pointed a gun at her. He’s also accused of pushing his 13-year-old son who wears leg braces down a flight of stairs. He also pointed a handgun at his wife and said that he had nothing to lose and would make her famous.

It makes me wonder how guys like this are able to get married in the first place.

I’m sure we’ll hear about how he’s really a nice guy though.

15 thoughts on “Md. man punches daughter in the face, pushes son in leg braces down stairs

1. April says:

Hmmm – Father’s day is up next. I think he needs to be stuffed like a pinata and have the candy beat out of him. I mean, we all know it takes a real man to abuse women and children.

2. Brad says:

Lexington Park, ah yes. Inbred town. Unfortunately the area is filled with gentlemen like him. If even one were to “leave” the total IQ of the place would double.

Now he justs needs someone to punch him in the face, break his legs and put him in braces so he can be pushed down the stairs. Hey, if it’s good enough for the kids, it’s good enough for him.

3. DogBitez says:

From the Source: “Due to the suspect’s propensity for violence, the mother fled with the children to an undisclosed location for their safety on Monday, May 4.”

Well… better late than never… I guess. But I’m NOT nominating her for Mother of the Year for 2009. Having some asshole pound your daughter’s face… relative, in-law, or spouse… would be enough for me to leave and get the police involved that day… that hour… that MOMENT. NOT later, when things escalate. Shit. If I were to ever beat the crap out of a grandchild or any child under my care (I don’t have any yet), I hope someone knocks me out, ties me up, and calls the cops. Fuck me.

4. Angel says:

OK, I read the article. The guy shoves his son down the stairs…..a couple weeks later, he punches his daughter in the face and threatens her with a gun…….but it isn’t until he threatens the wife, and tells her he has nothing to lose, that she leaves the violent bastard and removes the kids from his presence. She’s a sorry bitch too. The kids should have been taken from both of them, and put with someone who was more concerned with their safety than these two loser DNA donors.

The mom should have packed all of their shit and left BEFORE the son was assaulted. Because you know that this can’t be the first time this guy has ever pounded on them. Right? We all know this here, don’t we? A guy doesn’t go straight from father of the year material to shoving his already injured/disabled son down the stairs, with no ‘buffer zone’ of petty meanness in between.

In light of this, the mother should at the very least be brought up on endangerment charges. Possibly even accessory before AND after the fact. She was only willing to protect her children when she was threatened with harm, herself. What a piece of shit. A big steaming, smelly PILE of shit. I’m disgusted……

Keep in mind that abused women often have no self-esteem. And, that a man who abuse his wife often threaten to kill the children while the mom watches before killing her. These violent predators will leave no stone unturned in their search to find the wife/kids and follow through with their threats. I’ve seen it. And, it happens more than we know.

The mom in me says “protect the kids at all costs.” But, the part of me that worked near this kind of stuff understands why sometimes the women don’t/can’t. A lot of these women have been abused by men since they were kids. Some women can go through crap like that and come out stronger (kudos to those who can). Some are so beaten down, that they never feel they have the ability to stand up to the aggressor.

Angel, no disrespect to your opinion at all. I used to feel the same way until I encountered women who were going through situations like this.

As for the father, a bullet to the back of the head would keep him from ever harming anyone else.

6. Angel says:

Kathy:

No disrespect to your opinion, either, because you worked with battered women, and I’m sure that you know what you’re talking about, but I still have little, if any, sympathy for these types of women.

I was physically abused by my father for fifteen years, while my mom simply stood by and let it happen, because she was scared of him. My father asked for my forgiveness years ago, after admitting what an asshole he’d been, and still apologizes every time I see him, even though I have told him I have already forgiven him. My mother is another story.

Instead of owning up to her part in the abuse, she still to this day makes excuses for her behavior instead of accepting her share of the blame. Her constant refrain has been, “But I was scared of him, too.” I finally told her that the reason I still blame her – maybe even more than him at this point – is because that excuse doesn’t even begin to cover it. The difference between me and my mother was she was an ADULT and scared of him; I was a child, and terrified. Her job was to protect me, but instead she would let me take beatings instead of intervening on my behalf. As far as I am concerned, if she wasn’t strong enough to leave him, she should have at least taken the adult role, and let him pound on her instead of her child. She had the choice to leave or to stay, and she chose to stay. I was given no choice. I became a punching bag by default.

My father had anger issues, and probably PTSD from his time in Vietnam. My mother was simply a coward who would rather protect herself than her child. My father beat me. My mother betrayed me.

I would NEVER let a man beat one of my children. Not while I still have breath left in my body. Any man who wanted to abuse one of my children would have to do it over my dead body….literally. I’d rather a man beat me to death and give my child a chance to run, than to stand by while my child is being hurt.

So, sympathy? No, I can’t say that I have any for people like this. Whether she was abused or not – if she wasn’t going to protect the child, she should have never had one.

7. Samantha says:

Bless you, Angel.
    I have to say I agree with you too.
    As far as an abused woman staying because she is afraid to leave, I can understand. But once that violence turns toward the children, I dont understand. I have been in that position. I would have taken any and every beating if it kept my kids from getting one (which they never got). I finally wised up and left and am so glad that I finally woke my dumb ass up and realized that he didnt really love me. There are lots of reasons woman stay with abusive men, but the line comes when the children get involved. I totally agree with what Angel said, the adult has the choice, the child doesnt.

8. Angel says:

Thank you, Samantha. I AM blessed. I have six healthy children; and I believe that the things I was put through as a child/teen have made me stronger, and that I am a better parent for it. I learned what NOT to do, and I have learned how to protect my children better. That’s my rainbow at the end of the storm.

I DON’T recommend beating your children to make them stronger, however. (I had to add that just in case any of the abusers or their families should happen to come here and think that the above paragraph was a suggestion on how to raise strong kids. *lol*)

9. Samantha says:

Its like those warnings they have to put on everything, because some people are stupid enough to actually do things. Like on the iron “Caution: Iron may be hot” *duh*

10. Angel says:

Exactly!

Another good one: “Caution: Do not use hair dryer while showering.” (What would be the point to that, anyway?)

11. Samantha says:

i love it… there are so many more but my mind went blank and i cant think of them!!

12. vegasgirl says:

@Angel,

You are a survivor and more. You have triumphed over the worst kind of adversity. I have the deepest respect for you.

I was an abused wife, with a history of childhood abuse. I didn’t just have self-esteem issues–I had no self-esteem at all. Truely believed I was the most useless and unworthy person on Earth, so I took the beatings because I thought I deserved them. Then that unspeakable SOB dared raise a hand to my son. I walked that very moment!! Called 911 & then my family. A MOTHER will take those blows rather than let her child take them. A MOTHER will use any means at her disposal to protect her child. Hit him upside the head with a cast iron skillet & run like hell if that’s all you can do. A MOTHER protects her child.

This woman is not a MOTHER. She didn’t leave until she felt her own life was in danger. I would have let my husband kill me before I would have let him hurt my son or daughter. Not the other way around. How does a mother stand silently & watch her children being beaten and STAY???

I’m seriously p***ed off and kinda rambling. I apologize.

vg

13. Angel says:

VG:

I understand the self-esteem thing, because there are still days when I look in the mirror, and see the useless piece of garbage that I was told I was as a child and teen. Between the physical and verbal abuse, I believe that the verbal abuse had the most lasting effect. Physical scars heal eventually, but the emotional holes seem to fester and grow through the years. I make it a point to tell each of my children every day how important they are to me, how much I love them, how smart and good they are, and how blessed I am to have them. I don’t want my children to ever think that they are worthless or stupid, as I did for years, and occasionally still do. Sometimes I can still hear my dad’s voice saying, “You’re not worth the gunpowder it would take to blow you off the face of the earth.” I absolutely cringe at the thought of my children EVER having to put up wit such crap.

My two oldest understand that before they will ever get my blessing on a guy they like, I WILL have a private talk with the guy first. As a matter of fact, I have already had that conversation with the young man my oldest has been dating for over a year now. I told him that as long as he was good to my girl, and treated her well, I would love him just as much as my daughter did. But, God help him if he ever abuses her. And it would TAKE an act of God to save him from me at that point. I told him if he ever hit her, not to even worry about the police – he should instead expend all of his energy hiding from me. The police might arrest him – but I would kill him. I told him that his best chance for survival at that point would be to turn himself in to the police, and beg them to hold him without bail, because that would be the only way he could be guaranteed protection from me. Her boyfriend smiled at me, and said, “I know, Jamie already warned me.” LOL. I guess that’s one of my children I managed to get through to. Only five more to go…..

14. vegasgirl says:

@Angel,

I still see that worthless little girl in the mirror some nights too. Not so often now as when I was younger, but she still lives in my heart. That’s why I’m here. If baring my pain can keep one single child from hearing “It wouldn’t be worth the price of a bullet to blow your brains out.” then I’ll bare my pain.

I spent 20 yrs married to a mostly verbally abusive man. I agree, it’s the verbal crap I took that stayed with me the longest. Broken bones and split lips heal in weeks; a shattered heart can take a lifetime to heal. I didn’t know there were decent men in the world. No offense fella’s but I thought y’all were all like him. Then I met the cop boyfriend I refer to here. He took the mirror that showed me I was worthless and gave me a new one. My new mirror reflects a face full of lines (laugh lines, never wrinkles), a head full of grey hair, and eyes full of compassion. I didn’t just survived, I f****** triumped!

(If you are being abused, verbally or physically, write me here. I can tell you how to get out NOW. You must escape before he hurts your child. Your child must come first. If he hits you, he’s gonna try to hit your child at some point. Leave NOW. I’ll help you.)

vg

15. Samantha says:

Thats awesome VG. Fortunately I got out already. But I hope if anyone reading this needs help they will let you know! Or me too if anyone ever needs to talk!