Woman pleads guilty, gets life in twin killings:

32-year-old Sherie Shantel Simms of Baton Rouge pleaded guilty to the strangulation deaths of her 6-year-old twin sons Samuel and Soloman. By doing so she’s been spared a dance with the needle and was given two concurrent life sentences.

In May of 2007 Simms gave her sons Tylenol PM then strangled them with an extension cord because ‘she was tired of struggling to make ends meet.’ She allegedly tried to overdose herself but obviously failed there as well.

So you were tired of struggling to make ends meet. Boo-hoo. Welcome to life sister. We all struggle. You couldn’t put your kids up for adoption or asked a relative for assistance? The failed OD attempt makes me wonder how hard did she actually try to kill herself.

Again if you’re going to off yourself be ‘man’ and go alone.

Thanks to Lori for the tip.

12 thoughts on “Woman escapes death penalty for strangling twins

1. sfdude_2008 says:

That vile fat whore excuse for a mom is a piece of shit!

2. sfdude_2008 says:

That vile fat whore excuse for a mom is a piece of shit!

3. Jen says:

I’m glad she didn’t get death. Let her rot in jail. Maybe someone will strangle her, as putting her down peacefully like an old dog sounds a little too nice.

4. Jen says:

I wonder what else there is to the story. Is she mentally ill? Did the father walk out? What else was going on in her life that pushed her to this point of desperation? But, regardless of the “why”, it’s still wrong to kill children. It will always be wrong to kill children. So heartbreaking.

Why are so many parents killing their children because they can’t make ends meet??? Call social services. Get financial help (if you can, the guidelines are strict). If you are truly tired, fed up, exhausted, etc., then give the children up for adoption. Please, there is NOOOOO reason to kill your children. There are many of us who can’t have our own and would appreciate the opportunity to care for and love children, regardless of where they came from.

7. Angel says:

Not being able to make ends meet is just about the lamest excuse I’ve ever heard. Hell, there have been months in my life when my ‘ends’ weren’t even close enough to WAVE at each other. They were in different TIME ZONES. But, did I kill my kids? That would be a big fat NOOOOOOOOO.

I stretched my pennies, did without luxury items, such as new (or even used) clothes for me….and made sure my kids had everything they needed before I got ANYTHING I wanted (or needed either, for that matter). What I DIDN’T do is blame my kids, or abuse them in any way.

What a sorry excuse for a human being this woman is…..I hope she rots in jail. Literally. Rots.

8. Angel says:

9. Mom2Be says:

I dont know about the laws in Louisiana, I am somewhat familiar with the laws in Texas and it is almost impossible for parents who kill their own children to be charged with a death eligible offense. I think this is so messed up!!! Parents who kill their own kids should be the first in line to die. Even though it is more expensive to kill people than to let them rot in jail it seems worth it to me.

10. Mom2Be says:

11. Samantha says:

Why in Texas would it be almost impossible ? They lead all the states in executions.
    Im not arguing, just wondering why in a state that is so pro capital punishment would they not kill the murderous parents?

12. Samantha says: