La Vista baby listed on Craigslist:

I’ve done a lot of stories about Nebraska and their old wacky safe haven law. I’ve done a lot of stories about babies being listed on craigslist that usually turn out to be pranks. Now the two have come together and it’s not a hoax.

A woman from La Vista, Nebraska had her 1 1/2-year-old baby listed on craigslist like she was trying to find a kitten a new home.

“he is adorable. . . . (He) deserves a mommy that is not addicted to Meth . . . unfortunately I am!”

“I am scared . . . I am desperate . . . can anyone help me . . . can anyone help (him)? PLEASE. . . BEFORE I do something CRAZY!”

While it’s kind of admirable that she realizes that she has a problem and is willing to do something for her child so that he or she can have a better life, craigslist is not the way to go about it. Especially considering how many predators lurk on craigslist.

Luckily the state has taken the child into custody for now.

Thanks to Trisha for the tip.

45 thoughts on “Meth mom lists baby on craigslist

1. Rob Taylor says:

It is truly the end of days.

2. Rob Taylor says:

It is truly the end of days.

3. Catbert says:

Well goodness Trench – good thing the Church Musical Director from OH didn’t get ahold of this ad!

4. Catbert says:

5. April says:

Wow – I love it when meth heads make babies. With out them, we would have no need for sites like this one.

Trench – you didn’t mention in the article – Is she having her uterus removed? This should be a standard process for all women like this one.

6. April says:

7. Lucy says:

What’s crazy frustrating is that IF she goes to rehab for a month or so, she’s likely to get out convinced that everything is going to be okay, and she’ll demand custody back.

And a few months after THAT, when everything isn’t rainbows and ponies, she’ll be at risk for relapse and the whole thing will start over again.

It’s sort of like when people get antibiotics, but don’t take the whole dose, because they start feeling better halfway through. Getting cleaned up is ONE part of the process of getting your life back, not the ONLY part.

8. Lucy says:

9. LIsa says:

I didn’t think there could be anything worse than crack — but I was wrong. Crystal meth has got to be the most vile, life-destroying drug there is.

And you are right, Trench. Thank Heaven that the child was taken into protective care before some perv happened upon her ad. *shudders at the thought*

And Rob, I fear that as well. Truly. Hug your children/family/loved ones tight tonight.

10. LIsa says:

11. LIsa says:

Lucy, you are so right. If that happens, and when it happens in cases like this, I don’t think CPS does as good at following up as they should.

12. LIsa says:

13. LIsa says:

April, Definitely, uterus OUT! Most Definitely. Her choice — meth or motherhood. Ain’t no metherhood!

14. LIsa says:

15. April says:

@ Lisa

We can make a Happy Mether’s Day card company. Maybe we can come up with witty sentiments like:

Mom, I love you even though your a heinous cumdumpster. Happy Mether’s Day.

or

You should have swallowed instead of spreading your legs like the whore that you are. Thanks for being my Mether.

16. April says:

@ Lisa

Mom, I love you even though your a heinous cumdumpster. Happy Mether’s Day.

or

17. LIsa says:

April, that’s Effing BRILLIANT!!!! And oh, so so sad 😦

To whom it may concerneth, and he who has eyes to see, let him know bodily and soundly, I hearby and wherewithall to all those hear ye here ye, upon which this said day to copyright and hold dear to Patent, the aforementioned “Mether’s Day Cards.” So duly noted, Thou hast been warned.

On this day of Our Lord Juneth the 15th, 2thousand and double-naught Nine.

18. LIsa says:

April, that’s Effing BRILLIANT!!!! And oh, so so sad 😦

On this day of Our Lord Juneth the 15th, 2thousand and double-naught Nine.

19. April says:

HAAAAAA!!! That made my tummy hurt. HAAA!!

To my dear Mether,
    You failed to feed me, and keep me warm. Never EVER did you keep me safe from harm. You sold my clothes and all of my toys.
    For money you gave head to the neighborhood boys.
    I know it was the meth and I’m not pissed –
    even though to tried to sell me on Craig’s list.
    Thank God for the good people at CPS.
    The took me away and you know the rest.
    If you weren’t so stupid and such a big fool
    I might have wound up dead at the botom of a skeezy motel pool.

HAPY METHER’S DAY!!

20. April says:

HAAAAAA!!! That made my tummy hurt. HAAA!!

To my dear Mether,
    For money you gave head to the neighborhood boys.
    I know it was the meth and I’m not pissed –
    even though to tried to sell me on Craig’s list.
    Thank God for the good people at CPS.
    The took me away and you know the rest.
    If you weren’t so stupid and such a big fool
    I might have wound up dead at the botom of a skeezy motel pool.

HAPY METHER’S DAY!!

21. LIsa says:

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!! I’m supposed to be leaving the building, but, man, that is a priceless bit of Hallmark, April. Brilliant! I just had to respond with praise and awe.

And copyrighted, y’all. Just so’s you know…I don’t wanna have to sue anybody! 😉

I wish I had seen the ad. I would have called. I’d like to have another child. Seriously, if I could stay home and monitor my front porch I’d start some kind of safe haven thing. I think it would be much better for babies and children of all ages to be left on my doorstep than to be shot/drowned/strangled, etc. Just leave them here. I won’t judge you or admonish you or force you to pay money you don’t have. I will care for the children and work to find loving families for them.

At least she made it publicly known that she doesn’t think she can handle raising her child since she can’t overcome her meth addiction. Sure, Craigslist is not the best thought out plan. But, let’s give this one at least a tiny bit of credit for NOT hurting the child. I am not condoning her use of meth, but I am grateful that her actions led to safety for her child (however lame those actions seem). She knew she had a child that deserved a mother who could love/provide for him. She tried to get that for her kid. Would ebay have been better? Nah, she should have contacted CPS. But, then we’d have the situation where the state would try to convince her to get clean and try to take care of her baby. Hopefully, she has enough brain cells left to relinquish her rights so the child can be put up for adoption (am assuming the bio-dad has been out of the pic forever).

I wish the best for the baby.

23. LIsa says:

And copyrighted, y’all. Just so’s you know…I don’t wanna have to sue anybody! 😉

I wish the best for the baby.

25. April says:

Lisa – I will come up with thousands if you let me. It can just be another greeting card holiday. Now GO HOME!!

Kathy, It would be nice if you had of gotten the baby. Sometimes CPS and foster homes aren’t any better than the POS parents. It’s a shame that meth doesn’t make the user sterile.

26. April says:

27. karen says:

i don’t get it either. as far as i know, if a woman is serious about finding a new parent/parents for her child all she has to do is relinquish her rights and turn the child over to dcs.
    i agree with kathy’s idea…wait…i think that’s called foster care kathy. hmmmm…ok, you work full time so you have them dropped off at your house and we’ll make arrangements to get them to my house. i always keep 3 beds anad a couple of cribs available for emergency placements.

28. karen says:

29. Angel says:

UnFREAKIN’believable! Well, not really…not on this site, anyway. I’d take the baby. I only have one boy. The rest are girls. I bet my son would LOVE to have a little brother……

I’m too tired to play the Mether’s Day game tonight, but I’ll try to come up with something comment-worthy tomorrow. April…YOU ROCK!!!!! And LIsa, too. LMAO..I needed that.

30. Angel says:

31. April says:

Angel – Glad I could entertain you. In my house, I am known as the Queen Smart Ass. My 8 year old son runs a close second. So coming up with this shit comes easy for me.

Love you guys!

32. April says:

Love you guys!

33. Angel says:

Really? My hubby just says I am sarcastic…..But, you know me – I take whatever I can get….he still doesn’t understand that I considered his ‘insult’ to be a compliment…lol

34. Angel says:

35. April says:

Angel, they will never understand. At least I know my son comes by it honestly.

36. April says:

Angel, they will never understand. At least I know my son comes by it honestly.

37. karen says:

trying to get help for the child….ok….i can see that to a certain extent….but, as long as she was on the internet taking the time to post an ad on craigs list, why didn’t she go to “white pages”….look up the number for her local dcs and give them a call? that’s where the baby ended up anyway.

38. karen says:

39. vegasgirl says:

The more stories like this I read, the more I think we should legalize this crap, dump birth control in it & give it away. I don’t care what people do to their own bodies as long as they aren’t hurting an innocent child.

I know that’s a really bad idea, but I’m fed up with “women” competing for the title Queen of Metherhood.

sigh

40. vegasgirl says:

sigh

41. Sean says:

This is indeed heartbreaking, but I don’t like the ‘kitten’ reference. No sentient being – human or non-human – deserves to be peddled or traded as mere merchandise.

42. Sean says: