Officials still unravelling knife attack on two girls near Hillsboro, while their mother waits in jail:

The news is never good when an article starts out like this…

The day after a restraining order against Debra Janelle Jeter ended, the 32-year-old picked up her 12- and 13-year-old daughters at 6 p.m. Friday and told them she had a surprise.

Do restraining orders ever work? Anyway the surprise was that Jeter of Hillsboro, Texas slashed the throats of her daughters, 13-year-old Kiersten and 12-year-old Kelsey. Kiersten survived the attack but unfortunately Kelsey did not.

The reason the restraining order was placed in the first place was because Jeter attempted suicide and the girls’ father was worried about the girls’ safety in their mother’s hands. He was also petitioning the court for sole custody of the girls.

Why a temporary restraining order? Once again the courts have sided with the irresponsible parent and now a girl is dead because of it. It’s a shame she didn’t succeed in killing herself in the first place.

Thanks to Danielle for the tip.

58 thoughts on “Texas woman charged with slashing throats of daughters

1. Angel says:

Kill her.

2. Angel says:

Kill her.

3. Angel says:

Slowly and painfully.

4. Angel says:

Slowly and painfully.

5. Angel says:

And publicly.

6. Angel says:

And publicly.

7. Angel says:

My Lord…that poor father! That poor 13-year old. My heart is breaking for them.

8. Angel says:

My Lord…that poor father! That poor 13-year old. My heart is breaking for them.

9. April says:

Whore!! Selfish, good for nothing, coward ass WHORE!!! Strip that whore nekkid and send her to the mens prison. tell them that April sent them a present. Make sure the first on that has a go at her is highly infected with STD’s and refuse any of them meds – that way he can take her out and the rest of the cell block too.

10. April says:

11. Jen says:

You know, if it was a woman petitioning to have sole custody of her children she’d have it in no time. Just another example of the courts’ bias toward moms.

12. Jen says:

13. sfdude_2008 says:

Poor girls! I hope that so-called mom gets what’s coming to her!

14. sfdude_2008 says:

Poor girls! I hope that so-called mom gets what’s coming to her!

15. brent says:

a restraining order isn’t meant to actually physically restrain someone. It’s meant to give the authorities a legal reason to intervene in otherwise non-illegal situations.

ie – if I personally go all crazy and sit on my front door step with a cricket bat on my hand and stare straight ahead at the wall and my wife freaks out and calls the cops they’ll show up and say “is everything all right? Has there been any violence? ok, then, we’ll go. let me know if anything happens.”

but if there’s a TRO and I show up on the doorstep with a cricket bat then that, by itself, is reason to arrest me.

it’s meant to give rational people (even 5% rational) a good enough reason to stay away.

—-

I feel bad for the father who has to live with the guilt of the decision to let the kids go with the mum – although if he had enough sense to put out a TRO against her I wonder what she was doing showing up at the house. He shoulda called the cops – or definitely not leave them alone with her.

16. brent says:

—-

I don’t understand. How could something like this happen? I don’t think the father had a legal choice about the girls’ visitation with their mother. It most likely was court ordered and he felt he had to abide by it or risk losing custody. I seriously doubt he thought she’d cut their throats. Has she always had mental issues? Is she a paranoid schizophrenia (which seems to show up in people from their teens to mid 30’s). I had a foster son whose father was paranoid schizophrenic and he never did get it together because HE was unable to grasp the idea that something was wrong with HIM. It’s a horrible disorder.

This makes no sense. I don’t understand. That poor family.

This makes no sense. I don’t understand. That poor family.

19. Samantha says:

I guess I will never understand what makes a person do such things. But hopefully I never will understand it either. There is no excuse for this. Im sure she will plead insanity or something for her defense. Lock the bitch up and let her fellow prisoners take care of her, THEN slash he throat and let her lay there and bleed dying a slow painful death. Make sure she feels every single bit of it too! Let her try to call out and cry while her breath is escaping through her neck.
    UGHHHHH

20. Samantha says:

UGHHHHH

21. Ihavekidstoo says:

Who gives a good god damn about her “mindset” at the time or anything she might have to say as to her motives? EVIL is the only answer and you can’t cure evil. Send her on her way to her final reward in the next life. Just make sure she suffers like her babies did on her way out.

22. Ihavekidstoo says:

23. BSG says:

OMFG…I’M JUST OUTRAGED! I CONCUR WITH ANGEL…KILL HER SLOWLY, PAINFULLY AND PUBLICLY!

24. BSG says:

25. BSG says:

IS SHE ANOTHER METHED OUT MOM? THAT PICTURE MAKES HER LOOK LIKE IT!

26. BSG says:

IS SHE ANOTHER METHED OUT MOM? THAT PICTURE MAKES HER LOOK LIKE IT!

27. allyson says:

DEATH PENALTY!!!

28. allyson says:

DEATH PENALTY!!!

29. SKE says:

I reside in Waco, very near where this took place, and there is sooo much more to the story. I highly suggest clicking the link to the actual news story, as it is quite detailed. And even more telling are the reader comments that follow– many by persons who knew the mom or are schoolmates of the young girls… Very sad.

30. SKE says:

31. Angel says:

I read the article. It doesn’t change my mind one bit. I’m just glad none of the egg donor’s defender’s have come HERE to try and tell us how we should feel about this or what we should say.

The Bible does NOT tell us not to judge the actions of others. I believe the Scripture quoted is (Matthew 7:1-2) “Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.” KJV Another translation is “Judge not that ye be not LIKEWISE judged.”

That doesn’t mean we cannot condemn the actions of others, it means that whatever actions we condemn, we will be judged just as harshly for the same action. I have never killed a child. So by all means, judge all you want. I intend to.

And, further, I don’t care if the entire world judges me while I am here on earth, anyway. I will, like everyone else, receive God’s judgment when I die, and I trust His judgment. The judgment of other people means nothing to me, it is simply a means by which they express their displeasure with my actions. I will not, ultimately, answer to them or any other mortal. I will answer to God. As will Janelle.

And just as I will, Janelle will have the opportunity to repent, and receive forgiveness from God, before she dies. If she repents, she will go to heaven. That is another reason I am convinced that people who commit such heinous crimes NEED to be punished here on earth.

So, again, Janelle is a child-murdering coward. I hope she suffers every day that she remains on earth, and that her death is at least as horrifying as that she gave her daughter. She deserves no less.

Anyone who doesn’t agree with me – well that’s too frickin’ bad. I don’t give a purple piss what you think. You are entitled to your opinions, just as I am entitled to mine.

32. Angel says:

33. Samantha says:

Very well said Angel.
    Dont think I can add anything to it.

purple piss? that would be a sight!

34. Samantha says:

Very well said Angel.
    Dont think I can add anything to it.

purple piss? that would be a sight!

35. SKE says:

I in NO way meant to defend this mother or suggest an excuse for her actions. I realize now, re-reading my comment, that it may have come across this way, and I apologize for that. I only meant to imply that the story and other articles run in the local paper have delved into her background a bit more– and none of it is any good. I am also glad to not see any of her defenders here– please don ‘t count me as one of them! I agree with everything Angel said, 100%.

36. SKE says:

37. brent says:

where’d the link to the article go?

38. brent says:

where’d the link to the article go?

39. poco says:

“Once again the courts have sided with the irresponsible parent and now a girl is dead because of it.”

Exactly. This is another example of our family courts favoring the mother over the father. If it had been the mother who had expressed concern for the children’s safety and the father who’d been acting irrationally I guarantee the restraining order wouldn’t have been temporary. I also guarantee sole custody would have been granted in a heartbeat. I’ve seen unfit mothers granted inexcusable rights of visitation and custody and perfectly good fathers denied the same too many times. This tragedy is emblematic of our whole screwed up system. [/rant]

40. poco says:

41. Heather says:

I’m not educated in the laws of Texas — but I do know that in many states the initial emergency order of restraint is only for a period of two weeks — and at that time the alleged perpetrator is entitled to a hearing. It is possible that this was the case here – I did not see anywhere in the article that stated that the father allowed visitation pursuant to a court order, either. Or if a hearing was held and what that outcome was. Or, it is possible that the father did not follow thru with his restraining order. None of those questions are answered by the article.

I do not intend to blame the father for his decision — but the Court can not be blamed without full knowledge of the laws in that state.

Further, the outcome would likely have been identical regardless of the gender of the parent — the article states that the father wrote to the judge and requested custody. He was likely entitled to a temporary order of custody based upon an emergency — it is unclear whether or not he sought such an order — but he had to request that or have an attorney do so and have the matter properly before the Court.

Again, I am not placing blame anywhere — I would even reserve blaming the mother until the results of a psych eval were available, as it is quite possible she has a mental illness that drove her to act the way she did. It is difficult for right-minded adults to understand the workings of a schizoprhenic’s mind and typically they are unable to make any rational decisions while in a paranoid or delusional state.

I just don’t like to hear rantings about the Court system without the person having full knowledge of the law in that particular jurisdiction and without knowledge of the documents presented to the Court.

42. Heather says:

43. Lori says:

The girl’s myspace says “I hate the person I used to call mother”

44. Lori says:

The girl’s myspace says “I hate the person I used to call mother”

45. carmen says:

as usual there is much more to the story what about lee in this story what about the state sending her with out the meds they put her on this story is much deeper than is told here still that does not it right what she did but more people are to blame than just her,I know this =family on a personel bases

46. carmen says:

47. Samantha says:

wow carmen Im sorry but I couldnt understand a thing you said….

48. Samantha says:

wow carmen Im sorry but I couldnt understand a thing you said….

49. Krysta says:

Guys, none of yall understand what really happened. im related to her, no she was not on drugs, she was not a whore! her husband cheated on her not the other way around, so until yall have the facts straight, shut the hell up!

1. jj says:

What really happened was she killed one of her children and tried her damndest to kill the other. Why don’t you shut the fuck up and go spew your bullshit somewhere else?

2. Angel says:

The only pertinent fact in this story is that this sorry excuse for a human being killed one of her kids, and tried to kill the other. Who cares about who cheated on who, or who was doing drugs? She cheated her daughter out of her entire LIFETIME! Are you retarded? 😯

3. JOJO says:

I AM RELATED TO THIS WOMAN AND SHE IS A WHORE AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN , SHE WAS NEVER A GOOD MOTHER BUT ALWAYS PRETENDED TO BE IN PUBLIC AND AS FAR AS CAR ACCIDENT NOTHING IS WRONG WITH HER MEMORY SHE USED THAT AS AN EXCUSE TO STAY THE NIGHT WITH GUYS THEN COME HOME AND TELL HER HUSBAND SHE COULDNT REMEMBER HOW TO GET HOME SHE POISONED HER MOTHER-IN-LAWS DOGS, SHE IS A NASTY SKANKY BITCH THAT I HOPE DIES SLOWLY SHE ONLY REASON SHE TRIED TO KILL BOTH KIDS IS BECAUSE SHE DIDNT HAVE CONTROL OVER THEM N E MORE

50. Krysta says:

1. jj says:

2. Angel says:

3. JOJO says:

51. Nicole says:

No i think you need to shut the fuck and and quit taking up for a child killer… That does give her no right to kill her kids…. So she should have to die the way she killed her daughter and tried to kill the other one.. I am a mother of 5 and would never do that…