Mom Who Abandoned Baby In Shoebox Arrested:

Last Sunday a newborn baby was found in the lobby of a Hempstead, NY apartment building. The baby was found in a Timberland’s shoebox completely soiled with the umbilical cord tied off with dental floss.

This past Wednesday the birth organism accused of dumping the baby was arrested. 25-year-old Xiomara Gamez was arrested and charged with reckless endangerment to a child and is being held on $500,000 bond or $250,000 cash bail.

Gamez has six other children who live with their father and she claims she’s addicted to cocaine which is why she allegedly dumped the baby.

According to the National Safe Haven Alliance New York law says that a baby can be left up to 5 days old, with any responsible person.

Last time I checked a shoebox was not a responsible person. Then again neither are pregnant c*cke addicts.

Thanks to Jinx for the tip.

13 thoughts on “Long Island shoebox mom arrested

1. LeeAnn says:

Good. Glad they found the heffer. She needs a lesson in safe haven laws.

Let her rot in jail. She left her baby to rot in a box.

2. LeeAnn says:

Good. Glad they found the heffer. She needs a lesson in safe haven laws.

Let her rot in jail. She left her baby to rot in a box.

3. Tami says:

She is 25 and has 6 other children??? Am I reading this right?

She needs a lesson in tubal ligation.

1. Digchild says:

Yep.I think this woman needs to be sterilized so that she can’t have ANY more kids.Six kids by age 25 is just way too many kids at too young an age.

4. Tami says:

She is 25 and has 6 other children??? Am I reading this right?

She needs a lesson in tubal ligation.

5. brent says:

did you say coke-addicted or c*ck-addicted?

6. brent says:

did you say coke-addicted or c*ck-addicted?

I think both apply, don’t you? I’m grateful the baby is okay. I’ve seen younger women with that many children. Crazy, isn’t it.

9. Talk about a Freudian slip. I’m gonna leave it though.

10. Talk about a Freudian slip. I’m gonna leave it though.

11. Angel says:

LOL. You crack me up, Trench. This is one of the reasons that mandatory sterilization for drug addicts should be allowed. Pitiful….absolutely pitiful.

12. Angel says: