Woman left newborn in portable toilet, police say:

44-year-old Candy Vigneri of Maryland is accused of giving birth to baby in a park port-o-john and leaving the baby in there. Of course she claims she didn’t know she was pregnant. And it gets better…

After exiting the portable toilet in Long Wharf Park in Cambridge, Candy Vigneri got a cigarette from a construction worker and sat at a picnic table, police Lt. Wayne Bromwell said.

As she sat, a male passer-by approached the toilet but Vigneri warned him, “Don’t go in there, I just had a baby there,” police said.

So apparently she was smoking while she was ‘not pregant’ too.

The baby has survived so far and will be placed with social services.

Thanks to Christina for the tip.

68 thoughts on “Don’t go in there, I just had a baby there

1. karen says:

she sat near enough to the porta potty to warn people not to go in there….so technically, she wasn’t abndoning the baby. had she called someone to alert them and was waiting for help? giving birth isn’t easy even in the hospital with the whole staff around to help. i’m wondering (especially if it’s true that she didn’t know she was pregnant or maybe knew but didn’t know how far along she was) if she could have sort of been in shock or something. i could be way off, but i would just think she would have removed herself from the area if she wanted to abandon it.
    i don’t think dcs would remove the baby just because that’s where she gave birth…maybe the baby tested positive for drugs or alcohol?

2. karen says:

3. karen says:

4. Or she’s just a non-feeling abomination.

5. Or she’s just a non-feeling abomination.

6. Or she’s just a non-feeling abomination.

7. karen says:

ahhhh…i just read the article. apparently after mom gave birth, she dropped her daughter in the tank. guess i should have read before commenting. this changes everything.

8. karen says:

9. karen says:

10. Jae says:

What the hell? That’s just awful. 😦

11. Jae says:

What the hell? That’s just awful. 😦

12. Jae says:

What the hell? That’s just awful. 😦

13. Jae says:

I’m wondering if she was on drugs or something when it happened. Since she tossed the kid and then /went/ back. But that was only after the bystander called 911. :/

14. Jae says:

15. Jae says:

16. loving_mom says:

I am blown away that the baby is alive. God works miracles. This women is ungreatful. Who cares if she did not know that she was preggo. She sucks for not taking care of the baby once it was born. Any women who has given birth (3 times here) knows about after birth. How did she get that out?

This women is fired from life.

17. loving_mom says:

This women is fired from life.

18. loving_mom says:

This women is fired from life.

19. Samantha says:

wow… that horrible…
    I agree with loving mom, she should be fired from life.
    I hope she has to have some kind of consequence for her actions…

20. Samantha says:

wow… that horrible…
    I agree with loving mom, she should be fired from life.
    I hope she has to have some kind of consequence for her actions…

21. Samantha says:

wow… that horrible…
    I agree with loving mom, she should be fired from life.
    I hope she has to have some kind of consequence for her actions…

22. Ihavekidstoo says:

It is utter B.S. that a woman wouldn’t know she was pregnant – I don’t care WHAT that new TLC reality show says. You’re either a total moron or having serious issues with reality if you claim you didn’t know you were pregnant.

23. Ihavekidstoo says:

24. Ihavekidstoo says:

25. Samantha says:

I agree…
    I can see in CERTAIN very rare cases a woman might not know it, but come on… how can you not tell there is a baby growing and kicking inside of you?? With both of my pregnancies I grew huge! Big ol belly, and not just belly, but a nice hard belly cause it was full of big ol baby! Plus the kicks, the braxton hicks contractions, all of it. I just dont get how someone can go 9 months and not know? Thats just crazy to me.

26. Samantha says:

I agree…

27. Angel says:

Drop the 44 year old idiot into the tank, and leave her there for a week or two. I can’t even come up with words to describe my feelings about what his woman did. It makes my skin crawl.

Whether or not she knew she was pregnant ceased to even be a consideration once she actually GAVE BIRTH. At that point she damn well DID know…and put the baby in a tank full of sewage anyway. Did she really think that the “I didn’t know” angle would be sufficient in this case? Is she stoned…or just stupid?

28. Angel says:

29. Samantha says:

Angel, Im gonna guess she is just plain stupid…
    Maybe not even that, Im gonna say she is just a cold hearted bitch that didnt give a shit what happened to her baby.

Sorry… got me all cussin now…

30. Samantha says:

Angel, Im gonna guess she is just plain stupid…

Sorry… got me all cussin now…

31. Angel says:

I’ll second the cold-hearted bitch comment. All in favor…..

32. Angel says:

I’ll second the cold-hearted bitch comment. All in favor…..

33. Ihavekidstoo says:

The “ayes” have it. And I’m also voting in favor of Angel’s idea to drop the bitch in a vat of sewage and leave her there. After all, that seems to be the appropriate place for a piece of human excrement like this woman.

34. Ihavekidstoo says:

35. Samantha says:

I’ll third that…
    but remember, WE cant say we are going to do it, we have to say THEY are going to go get her and drop her in the sewage πŸ™‚

36. Samantha says:

I’ll third that…

Hopefully, she’ll trip and skid across some concrete while naked so there’s lots of open wounds before she accidentally trips and falls into the open vat of raw sewage. Darn, that woman is clumsy.

Hopefully, the baby’s lungs aren’t damaged and she avoids harmful infections from breathing chemicals and crap (literally). I don’t understand these kinds of people. They are completely insane.

39. Angela says:

What the heck was going through her mind?? She gave birth then went outside to sit?? I might agree with the whole shock thing, because who the heck would do that? I’ve read about girls that are scared and dump their babies, but I don’t know what this women was doing. Lock her up and never let her breed again.

40. Angela says:

41. SithSnoopy says:

Oh, frak. 😦 I was really hoping that the baby wasn’t dropped into the tank. πŸ˜›

Wait, was it a porta-potty that has a flushing capability, so the baby was in the toilet but not in the collection of fecal, etc., matter in the sewage storage area, or was the poor thing dumped right in with the sewage?

Oh, man. I think I’ve heard it all, and can’t get grossed out or horrified any further. And then…

42. SithSnoopy says:

43. SithSnoopy says:

Oh, Lord, she did drop it in the fecal matter. And it was covered in that horrible blue stuff, too. πŸ˜› And unresponsive!!

Oh, man… can we just drown the bitch in raw sewage???

44. SithSnoopy says:

Oh, man… can we just drown the bitch in raw sewage???

45. April says:

I know!! Let’s stick her head down in the muck of the same port-o-potty and drown the bitch in shit!! Oh YEAH!! Eye for an eye justice.

46. April says:

47. April says:

Snoopy beat me to it! DAMN!

48. April says:

Snoopy beat me to it! DAMN!

49. judy says:

44 Yr. old Maryland woman birthed a baby, and regarded a cigarette-(of more importance) than the human life- she introduced into this Porta-potty….apparently, she had not had ANY pre-natal care…surely she is in need of counseling and should be held accountable for her lack of
    post-natal bonding!!! She should be confined to
    a porta-potty, instead of a jail cell!!!

50. judy says:

post-natal bonding!!! She should be confined to
    a porta-potty, instead of a jail cell!!!

51. judy says:

post-natal bonding!!! She should be confined to
    a porta-potty, instead of a jail cell!!!

52. pak31 says:

This is just disgusting. I thank the Lord that above and beyond everything that happened that this child survived. I also don’t buy the “didn’t know she was pregnant” story but even IF she didn’t know, you would think that being human, she’d feel something toward that little baby and do the right thing. I just can’t understand how a human being can do something like this. I will never ever be able to comprehend it, and I think I am glad that I don’t.

53. pak31 says:

54. pak31 says:

55. LisaAnn says:

To Samantha and Ihavekidstoo,
    Pregnancy has a specific set of symptoms, as does any body changes. If you do not gain weight, do not stop bleeding, and do not feel sick, how are you supposed to know you are pregnant? I am a mother of two and in nursing school. In fact, pregnancy mimics many other conditions. Who here has not had weight gain at some point? Or gotten sick from something they ate? If you don’t experience all of the symptoms, or the symptoms are random and unconnected, you may not know you are pregnant. It does not excuse what this woman did. She should have called for help the minute she began giving birth. Thank goodness the baby is ok.

56. LisaAnn says:

To Samantha and Ihavekidstoo,

57. LisaAnn says:

To Samantha and Ihavekidstoo,

58. Samantha says:

LisaAnn,
    I am a mother of 2 and I am a nurse.
    I personally dont see how a woman can not know she is pregnant. I did also say there are rare occasions where I could see it, but for the excuse to be used as much as it is, I dont think so. I think more often then not, it is more denial than actually not knowing.

59. Samantha says:

LisaAnn,
    I am a mother of 2 and I am a nurse.

60. Samantha says:

LisaAnn,
    I am a mother of 2 and I am a nurse.

61. Samantha says:

Either way, regardless of whether she knew she was pregnant or not, there is no excuse for what she did.

62. Samantha says:

63. Samantha says:

64. LisaAnn says:

So, we will agree to meet half way and pronounce her guilty.

65. LisaAnn says:

So, we will agree to meet half way and pronounce her guilty.

66. LisaAnn says:

So, we will agree to meet half way and pronounce her guilty.

67. Samantha says:

Definately with you on that one.

68. Samantha says:

Definately with you on that one.