thesamsBaby Gloria Thomas’s parents Thomas and Manju Sam jailed for not getting proper medical help:

The couple pictured at left are Manju and Thomas Sam of Earlwood, new South Wales, Australia. Mr. Sam was a practicing homeopath, or as I like to call them quacks. Both of the Sams were sentenced to prison terms for failure to get their daughter medical treatment.

Their daughter, Gloria, died from an infection that could have been easily prevented in 2002. The girl had a case eczema that ended up being so bad that all the nutrients in her body went to fighting the eczema and left her severely malnourished. Now I hate to break the image of how sexy you all think I am but I have a slight case of eczema. You know how I treat it? I put some Sarna lotion on it and occasionally take some Benadryl. But I guess that was too many ‘chemicals’ or whatever these Luddites are afraid of to give to their daughter. So rather then getting their daughter medical help they stuck to their brand of quackery. Because I guess it’s better to have a dead daughter than to admit you’re wrong.

It’s jackasses like this that remind me of the people who refuse to get their kids vaccines because of some unfounded fear of autism. Vaccines don’t cause autism. Get your kid vaccinated.

If homeopathy is your bag that’s fine. As long as you temper it with actual medical science. And don’t forsake medicine at the sake of your kids lives.

72 thoughts on “Homeopath sentenced for not getting daughter help

1. Bri says:

Duh.

Homeopaths are not quacks. This guy, or this couple, were quacks. Most homeopaths are aware of science and certainly don’t forsake it. They just don’t use traditional medications unless necessary.

This is why there aren’t more deaths like this, even though there are thousands of practicing homeopaths.

2. Bri says:

Duh.

3. mystic_eye_cda says:

For most parents that do not vaccinate autism is a very, very small part of the decision. Most parents who do not vaccinate have attempted to take a realistic look at the risks and the benefits of each individual vaccine and their individual child’s medical history and family medical history that effects the risks and benefits and then make an INFORMED decision on a case by case basis.

Given that no vaccines are subjected to long term double blind trials information is sadly lacking on vaccine safely -all other drugs are required to undergo such trials. Vaccines may play a role in the development of any immune disorder including diabetes (listed as an adverse outcome in the MMR prescribing information), lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, etc. There are a few studies linking specifically the seasonal flu vaccine with Alzheimer’s. And of course there are the immediate risks such as anaphylaxis, gullain-barre, encephalitis, etc.

Also there is a lack of information on the expected outcome of vaccine-preventable disease with current medical technology. Now that we have effective anti-diarrheal, fever reducers, antibiotics, steroids, ventilators, etc, etc, etc you would expect different outcomes.

When the media reports “vaccines proven not to be the cause of autism” they generally refer to studies of MMR vaccines ONLY or aluminum only and usually only in the dosage one would get from one series of vaccines (i.e. the dosage you would get if you took all the required MMR vaccines, not all the vaccines commonly given in total). There are good studies that link vaccination with autism see: http://www.generationrescue.org/survey.html & and both studies in the footnotes/article here: http://www.healthsentinel.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2598:study-clearly-demonstrates-that-aluminum-found-in-vaccines-can-cause-neurologic-damage&catid=5:original&Itemid=24 )

There are also those who refuse some or all vaccines because they go against their religious beliefs. From Jehovah’s witnesses who refuse anything with human cells, to Catholics that refuse anything that potentially contains fetal or placental cells, to Christian Scientists who I believe refuse all (though I am not clear on them)

Its parents that vaccinate without even bothering to understand what side effects to look for that require immediate medical attention, or those that do every vaccine because “the doctor said to do it” that are irresponsible in my eyes. As are those that blindly trust faith without using logic and the intelligence god gave them. “Because everyone else is doing it” is not a good enough reason to subject a child to a medical procedure; it’s that kind of logic that led to sterilizing mentally handicapped people, removing the appendix if any other abdominal surgery was performed and in many cases the ovaries in post-menopausal women, and all manner of practices that we *now* consider barbaric. Parents are the only advocates their children have so we must keep them as safe as possible even from well-meaning doctors. Medicine has made many mistakes, like thalidomide and will continue to do so. Vaccines will continue to be taken off the market, like RotaShield, because of unforeseen side effects.

If you chose to vaccinate your children and you made an informed decision to do so, then good for you; but don’t assume that those who don’t vaccinate, only do certain vaccines, or delay vaccines are ignorant or uneducated, or in your words “jackasses”. Do not confuse caring parents trying to make the best choices they can for their family with those who neglect their child’s needs. It’s not even close to the same thing.

———

And in this specific case these parents didn’t even get the advice of other homeopaths when what they were doing wasn’t working. They are obviously unfit. Most doctors consult colleagues if they have a case where nothing is working, or refer you to another doctor. Most parents when confronted with a doctor that seems to be making no difference will at least get a second (and often more) opinion. That’s being a responsible parent.

Heck even most religious fanatics of praying at home isn’t healing their kid will call in members of the community and spiritual leaders to “help” pray.

These parents neglected their child, pure and simple, not because they are homeopaths but because they are child abusers.

1. Samantha says:

have YOU ever seen a child with Pertussis, aka Whooping cough? I have. Its not a pretty sight. And because of people who choose to not get their children vaccinated because of unfounded fears, it is on the rise once again.

And I disagree, MOST parents don’t want their kid vaccinated because they “read somewhere on the internet that it causes autism.” Wanna argue that point with me? Come work with me for a day and you will see. Religious reasons are very very RARELY seen.

1. Sandie says:

I have seen a child with whooping cough…It was my child 20 yrs ago when she was 8 and it was hard for us…lucky I took her to a Homeopath and he gave me what she needed…the symptoms went away very fast and my 2nd child who was just getting sick didn’t progress to get the whoop! As for the reasons why people don’t get their children vaccinated I’m sure there are many reasons but no one said anything about ‘autism’ 28 yrs ago when I had my first child. I have gone to many sites to read what happened that caused parents to decide against vaccinations and the majority of them had started routine vaccinations on their child and something serious happened besides autism. Yes Autism is in the news but from what I’ve read from older people choosing to not vaccinate their children it is from researching what is in the vaccines and knowing others people whose child has been either harmed, severely by the vaccine or died from it…and yes I actually know a few people who’ve had their child die right after…hours after a vaccine. This information that you seem to believe is the truth is not near the truth. I won’t argue any points with you. I have no reason to argue…people need to hear the real truth! Most might believe the untruths you tell…some will educate themselves to find the real truth and not trust anyone to tell them what the truth is!

4. mystic_eye_cda says:

———

1. Samantha says:

5. TK says:

Thank you Bri – I agree entirely. Our family sees a homeopath regularly and the natural care we’ve received is beyond anything I’ve ever received from my GP – this is because he doesn’t treat the symptom…but the cause. Plus we’re paying for his time – not a 10 minute visit for a $20 copay.
    ::SIGH:: I digress. These people may beleive natural is better…as do I…but there IS a time where western medicine has it’s place.

Common sense should tell us there IS a grey area – it’s not black or white. You don’t forsake your child for your beleif system.
    This story is going to hurt natural care & that really irritates me.

6. TK says:

This story is going to hurt natural care & that really irritates me.

7. Harmony says:

Im sorry but I think that parents who dont immunize are putting my child at risk for their own selfish reasons, why? since most of them are immunized! what harm came to them? it seems we are just waiting until a major preventable communicable disease rips through the population to get the message across…

1. Kirri says:

I’m sorry but if your child is vaccinated how will it catch the disease against which it is vaccinated?
      If by not vaccinating my child I am putting your at risk, what is the point of vaccinating your child?
      I am obviously missing the point here, but if your child can still catch the disease what is the point of your having vaccinated it?
      I thought that it was MY right to decide what is and is not put into my child?
      And MMR will not/has not been put in.
      That was my choice, my right!

1. kissmykitty says:

Your non-vaccinated child puts my vaccinated child at risk because by allowing the disease to get a foothold into the human population (via your unprotected child), you’re giving it the chance to mutate so that it CAN infect a vaccinated child.

1. mystic_eye_cda says:

Firstly we live in a society that won’t even mandate organ donation from dead people; and there are not risks to that. Nor do we mandate blood donation. We don’t require people to put aside their person freedom for the benefit of others. So you can’t force someone to undertake a risk to keep your child safe.

Secondly unless your vaccines are 100% up to date do NOT lecture me about my responsibility to maintain herd immunity. People in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.

Thirdly its far from proven that vaccination reduces the evolutionary pressure on microbes. In fact many experts believe that the higher the rate of vaccination the more evolutionary pressure. The only reason that smallpox could be “wiped out” is that small pox has no non-human reservoir. Mass vaccination rather than selective vaccination of only those most at risk could also be the cause of the next pandemic or the creations of a more virulent form of the microbe

And finally explain why all children should be vaccinated to protect the 20% reproductive aged women that were susceptible to rubella infection and therefore potentially serious outcomes to the fetus should they contract rubella during pregnancy? Rubella infection is almost always mild even when contracted by adults, but even more so when contracted by children. Infection also nearly always gives life-long immunity. So in order to protect 10% of the population for the 20-30 years out of their whole life they need protection we vaccinate all children multiple times as they grow up? And of course then expect all women to maintain their vaccinations so they aren’t at risk during pregnancy. Whereas without mass vaccination only 80% of women would be protected without vaccines.

However immunity also puts evolutionary pressure on the virus. While the old strain can no longer effectively infect its host, its mutated progeny is successful because the host’s immune system does not yet recognize the new strain as a threat.

In a vaccinated population there also is selection on the pathogen to evade the immune responses elicited by the vaccine.

[…]

In fact, the mutant’s invasion prospects increase as the vaccination coverage or the protected period after vaccination increases

[…]

Taken together, the third message is that the invasion prospects of a rare mutant strain increase as the vaccination coverage or the period of protection after vaccination increase.

2. Sandie says:

You have it backwards, If you want to know the truth just look online for more information than you get from the CDC.A Vaccine bypasses our body’s normal defenses…
          .this is from the site: PreventDisease.com

“Vaccines are causing an unprecedented number of mutations creating superbugs and potent viruses and bacteria that may eventually threaten future generations and humanity itself. Evidence continues to mount from the scientific community who now admit that certain vaccines are in-fact causing both viral and bacterial mutations. Ironically, the same researchers assert that “better” vaccines are needed to offset the rise in persistent mutations”.

Don’t take my word for it but when you have the belief it is people who are not vaccinated that are causing mutations in diseases—think, where did you get that information?? Do you believe they are telling the whole truth?? We get many of our beliefs from our parents and what they believed and where did they get their information?? We didn’t have the internet back then to check into things ourselves instead of listening to the people in charge of us!! We are now able to make informed decisions, We have to stop living in the past!!
          We used to be told what we should do by our parents but like our parents,, sometimes people who have been in charge of things a long time are Wrong!
          When we grow up we have to realize where we got our beliefs!!

2. Samantha says:

Your unvaccinated child puts other children at risk. MMR for example is given after the 1st birthday, therefore you are putting every child under the age of 1 at risk.
        I also agree with what the other commenter said.
        So what were your reasons for not having your child vaccinated for MMR? I hope he/she never has to suffer through a case of MUMPS!!!!

1. Sandie says:

I think you seriously need to read what has happened to children who’ve been vaccinated. It isn’t just about autism…I believe there could be many other things plus vaccines that could cause that! Children are dying from vaccines and it isn’t one in a million like they tell us! This is right from the CDC website:about Mumps:

“Mumps is best known for the swelling of the cheeks and jaw that it causes, which is a result of swelling of the salivary glands. People who show symptoms usually recover after a week or two, but mumps can occasionally cause serious complications”

.and so can vaccinations and as for Chickenpox, measles and whooping cough my kids had them and it wasn’t a big deal at all….they were at home not bothering anyone and not going out and ‘spreading their dangerous deadly disease to anyone, including the vaccinated people out there who are so afraid of the un-vaccinated!! If you have a baby who is not old enough to get a vaccine to ‘supposedly” protect them—I’m pretty sure your baby won’t come in close contact with one of the children who is not vaccinated. It takes really ‘close’ contact!

The most common complication is inflammation of the testicles (orchitis) in males who have reached puberty; rarely does this lead to fertility problems.

8. Harmony says:

1. Kirri says:

I thought that it was MY right to decide what is and is not put into my child?
      And MMR will not/has not been put in.
      That was my choice, my right!

1. Jenn says:

1. mystic_eye_cda says:

[…]

[…]

2. Samantha says:

I also agree with what the other commenter said.

9. TK says:

Piping in for the vaccination talk –

If people knew WHY the autism is “allegedly” caused by vaccines they could better prevent it.

I’ve been told by 3 natural MD’s that it’s the preservatives. The MMR has 3 x’s the amount bc there’s THREE different vaccines in one. Preservatives are hard for a tiny body to process.

I have no idea if it works but my kids HAVE been immunized but first, I broke it up so instead of 5 injections we simply made appointments for more shots – YES this sucked for the kids, but I overcompensated w/ icecream – AND there is a natural supplement to help the system process the preservatives. IDK if it’s coincidence or not but my kids don’t have autism AND they won’t get measles!

My 2 cents. It IS the parents right…..but if our kid gets measles…passes it to another kid who DIES from it – who do you think the gov’t will hold responsible?

10. TK says:

Piping in for the vaccination talk –

11. kissmykitty says:

Even if it turns out that vaccinations DO cause autism, or contribute to it, I’ll still be pro-vaccination. Better an autistic child than one who is suffering or dying from a disease or illness that would barely affect (if it affected at all) a vaccinated child.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to go make a snack for my autistic three year old.

12. Jenn says:

13. *Mercy*For*The*Broken* says:

WOW. I agree. It IS every parents choice to vaccinate. I for one don’t want an autistic child. My kids are hard enough. I pick and choose which vaccine we get the kids, for damn good reasons.

This couple was just simply a pair of asstards who wouldn’t help their child, naturally or with other means of medicine. How unfortunate…poor baby.

Whether or not you choose to vaccinate your kids, thats everyones personal choice,but completely neglecting to get them any form of help when they are dying is just cruel. Cut and Dry…that is Black and White. 👿

14. *Mercy*For*The*Broken* says:

15. Mare says:

Woowhee! Let’s all give birth at home, rub oleo on our burns, and drink kerosene when we gits ourselves a tummy ache! In fact, I think LEECHES is what we really need… How could parents let a very treatable skin condition result in death? That’s just moronic. And enough of all the white liberalism that will kill us all – if you sent all those vaccinations to Africa, they’d be crushing each other to line up to enjoy one iota of the health we take for granted as a Western nation. Autism is a brain dysfunction, get over it. There is no one to blame. Just grieve and get on with your lives. My child is deaf – that’s the way God made her. All technology and science has failed her, so we have taught her to sign. And you know what? I’ve lined her up for EXTRA shots so that she will hang on to the health she’s got. Better a live, different child than a DEAD one.

1. dee says:

There’s no need to label a human who simply chooses to use their brain to question things that are considered routine. Look around you. The reality is, too many are programmed to react to mandates like robots–and now everyone is dying of cancer and new diseases like Alzheimer’s. It’s not a coincidence. We just have to be more aware and vigilant of what we put in our bodies, if you want to be healthy and hope to die naturally. But then there are those who choose to be ignorant and let their egos and politics get in the way of sound decisions.

Lastly, I don’t believe in extremes so I’ll never be the one to say never take antibiotics, never vaccinate, etc. You have to make your own decisions based on simple logic with the guidance of a professional–its our family’s health and we have to take control.

2. Samantha says:

Mare, I dont think I have EVER agreed with you more!!!

Have you heard that they have had success with an AIDS vaccine?? I think its awesome.

3. Sandie says:

Give us an update after the shots….go on believing….it’s like a cult…once you’re in, you’re in!! I don’t believe in vaccinations—and you will say I’m wrong…I’m sure you and all others like you will say that in very mean terms—because you’ve been all taught that ‘WE’ are the enemy!! We do not think You are the enemy we think the establishment is the enemy! When you finally ‘wake up’ to the truth….it is very hard because who then do you have to believe in!! When the government, scientists and Doctors lie to us—once you yourself understand that, no matter what anyone in authority says….You will finally know the truth!! It is so sad that people are bad-mouthing other people that are just like you but somehow the blinders came off!
      I wish you and your child nothing but the best…even if it would prove a point I would never with anyone harm! 🙂

16. Mare says:

1. dee says:

2. Samantha says:

Mare, I dont think I have EVER agreed with you more!!!

17. The Tits says:

There is absolutely no link between autism and vaccines. All studies done by people who actually know how to do statistics and do not regard calulators as agents of the techno-antichrist have proven this. What may be a link is the fact that a sizeable minority of children suffer fevers sometime following their vaccines — which their untrained parents fail to treat appropriately with ice baths, fever reducing agents, or other IMMEDIATE means, which do not usually include antibiotics, though if you have a lick of sense you’d get your child to a dr. to determine if they are needed. The fevers may or may not be a result of the vaccines — small children tend to get a lot of fevers, and high fevers have the potential to damage a child’s brain in a very short time if left unchecked.

1. Samantha says:

Yes ma’am I am here… just a little behind trying to catch up!!

There is NO PROVEN SCIENTIFIC LINK between vaccines and autism. There are however scientific studies pointing toward a genetic link. No autism is not on the rise, not really. It is just being diagnosed far more. Back in the day, kids were just “special needs” but today more and more kids are being diagnosed with a form of autism. Autism is not ONE general disorder, is it a very broad one encompassing many many symptoms that vary from very mild to very severe. Just a note to the parents who think MMR is evil, in Europe, I dont remember exactly where, they stopped vaccinating for MMR for several years but guess what? Autism rates still rose AND they had Measles outbreaks!!!
        As I have said before, I have been immunizing children for over 7 years now and have yet to have a child have a “severe” reaction. I have yet to have a child that “became autistic” after their shots. One would think that I would have seen at least 1 if vaccines were so damn evil….
        Yes I do believe that parents should be well informed. And I have NO problem at all seperating the vaccines and giving certain ones at a visit and others at another visit. It is our jobs as medical professionals to be educated about these things and about the concerns of parents so that we can help to inform them of the risks and benefits of ANY procedure we are going to peform. I would much prefer to take the advice of a medical professional then some anti-vaccine propaganda website any day!!
        Oh, and BTW, yes all of my immunization are up to date and so are both of my childrens! I actually give them their vaccines myself.
        Thanks.

18. The Tits says:

1. Samantha says:

Yes ma’am I am here… just a little behind trying to catch up!!

Thanks.

19. *Mercy*For*The*Broken* says:

Whether or not there is a link to Autism in those vaccines it is still EVERY parents right to choose whether or not to get them vaccinated.

This has nothing to do with that anyways, this stupid pair failed to get the child help for a SKIN CONDITION…one that is definately treatable…the fact that it lead to the child dying is OUTRAGEOUS. Flat out.This was not a case of a parents right to choose. This is an extreme case of MEDICAL NEGLECT. (if one method is not working, you obviously need to try another…) Im with Trench on this one all the way, by natural means or another, someone should have helped this child. Had there been any real concern for this childs medical needs, said child would not be dead as of now. So sad that this ridiculous pair of fools pretty much allowed their baby to die because they could not see past their “homeopathic” standards, this is so pathetic… They deserve so much worse. 👿

20. *Mercy*For*The*Broken* says:

21. Mare says:

Don’t vaccinate your children. Let them die of a preventable disease, because guess what, it’s coming. How long before international travel is severely restricted? It’s not going to be long before Africa hits lockdown. Already there are people quarantined for loooong periods of time because they are a contagious threat to the world. And if that is your choice, your choice to risk your children’s lives, then please, keep your little plague carriers at home then, and not in my school system.

BTW – statistically, why is it mostly boys who “get” autism? If it was vaccine, doesn’t it stand to reason that it would be equal among the sexes?

1. Sandie says:

My child that was 8 yrs old had whooping cough….she is 28 now and healthy. She started getting what seemed like a cold and since I’m such a bad mom for not vaccinating I did what most Mom’s who were vaccinating their children didn’t do in my daughter’s school and that was, I kept her home. In the past, If she has a cold, I’d send her back to school in a few days when she felt better and then she’d get a runny nose again since all her classmates would be at school feeling sick, looking tired and coughing. This time I decided to keep her home for a couple weeks and get school work sent home…and it was near the end of the school year anyway. Also she was very smart and always got A’s. This time though, her cold turned into a bad cough…for some reason I suspected whooping cough—a very strange thought since there were no cases of whooping cough for years around our area. My suspicions were confirmed the day I brought my daughter to a—-yes I am one of those who don’t turn to an M.D. for most medical conditions!!…I took her to a homeopath Doctor. He gave me some drops and confirmed it was whooping cough as she had her first ‘whoop’ in his office. After starting the homeopathic drops it took about 6 hours and she was actually feeling better…no coughing!! hmmm 🙂 anyway I had 3 other children at home, who were 6, 3 and a baby who was about 6 months old–none were vaccinated at all for anything!! So, I was told to immediately give the other children the homeopathic drops. My second child had been feeling unwell before the drops. None of my other children got whooping cough. A month or so later my oldest daughter fell and needed stitches in her leg, so I took her to the hospital where she got 3 stitches. While the Doctor was there I told him that she had whooping cough a few months ago and she was never vaccinated. He asked if she gave it to anyone and I said no one got it other than her. He told me that someone who was vaccinated could have been a carrier without having whooping cough themselves…..So for all of you that think someone not vaccinated can give your child a ‘preventable–vaccinated for! disease, no…they are the ones vaccinated for it! Isn’t that what vaccination is all about—to not get the disease!! It doesn’t seem to work that way…just research some alternative sites and there are many credible people–scientists who are discredited by their profession and Doctors…who go against what mainstream tells us about vaccinations. These so called ‘deadly’ disease are not so deadly as you’ve been told. One of my children had measles…one had chickenpox…and although one of my four had measles, the other 3 didn’t get it….one of my four had chickenpox and the other 3 didn’t!!—very weird wouldn’t you say, since they should have gotten it if it was contagious. Have you ever noticed how when the ‘flu’ that super dangerous condition–is going around and your husband might get it but you don’t….maybe your child gets it and you don’t or you get it and your child doesn’t….but we are being told to get the flu shot when the actual shot is from last years strain of the flu—there is so much information that is credible—the government doesn’t tell the truth…..the ones that make the vaccines are in it for the money…scientists don’t want to loose their funding for many other projects they have so information contrary to what the ‘powers that be!’ want the population to know get somehow ‘lost’ if the information was to be negative about vaccines. Doesn’t society in general know we are being taken for fools believing all their lies!! They call people who are vaccinated—the herd—you know they don’t care what happens to the ‘herd!’ It’s really hard to fathom, but they really don’t care if our kids live or die or suffer—as long as we conform.
      When too many of us stand against them—they might try to force us but we will protect our children no matter what!! It really is all a lie and when one of your children is sickened or dies after a vaccine and then you understand it wasn’t the ‘disease’ it was the concoction of chemicals and kidney tissues and preservatives and so many really crazy ingredients in every vaccine they inject right into your child’s body…If that hurts or kills your child—you will finally understand! Too bad that then it’s too late for your baby! So many parents have lost their child…not just autism, which isn’t proven, yet!! Babies and children are dying but they never want to admit the vaccine did it….of course not!! It isn’t one in a million like they say….there are many many more who die!! Don’t take my word for it—but don’t take their word for it either—the people who are anti-vaxers don’t have a penny to gain ….but most of society is making money off the suffering of the innocent babies, children and all of us!! I don’t have anything to gain from trying to tell people my story….my four children are now 28, 26, 23 and 20…they are all healthy and 3 of my daughters have 4 children altogether ranging in age from 8 yrs old to newborn…not vaccinated! Like me, people who are deprogrammed are trying to warn you and if you choose to still put vaccines into yourself and your children it is your right but they are lying when they say people who are not vaccinated are the ones harming you or your children ….they just are lying about it all!!

22. Mare says:

23. Whenever the vaccination debate comes up I have to post this picture.

1. *Mercy*For*The*Broken* says:

LMFAO LOVE THE PICTURE TRENCH! 😛

24. Whenever the vaccination debate comes up I have to post this picture.

1. *Mercy*For*The*Broken* says:

LMFAO LOVE THE PICTURE TRENCH! 😛

25. And oh yeah, homeopaths AND chiropractors are quacks and people who still clutch to the vaccine/autism theory are mistaken.

26. And oh yeah, homeopaths AND chiropractors are quacks and people who still clutch to the vaccine/autism theory are mistaken.

27. Samantha says:

I almost didnt even open this story up because I knew where the comments were going to head.
    I am very passionate about vaccinating children for these life threatening diseases.
    Think about it. We dont see rows and rows od iron lungs anymore, why?? Because of vaccines Polio had pretty much been wiped out. So people stopped vaccinating and guess what… yep… Polio started coming back. Pertussis is on the rise again. Why? Because people arent vaccinated and they are passing it along to these precious babies who are not old enough to get their shots yet! Its horrible. I have seen babies with pertussis coughing so badly they cant even catch their breath!

1. Sandie says:

Read information other than what is by the medical establishment. I had a Medical Doctor tell me that Vaccinated children could pass whooping cough to people who aren’t vaccinated!! They can be carriers without having it themselves. I don’t vaccinate my children and when my child did get whooping cough—before I found out it was whooping cough—I kept her home and away from others. There was no whooping cough cases anywhere around where I live….so where did she get it then??
      Now, the Medical establishment is telling Pregnant Women to get vaccinated against Whooping Cough–when you are pregnant–lately I have thought, if someone who gets the whooping cough vaccine can be a carrier without getting it themselves then what about a pregnant woman getting the vaccine—could this vaccine harm her child?? I understand most people would think this ridiculous—I don’t think like most people and I don’t care who thinks that’s a bad thing.

28. Samantha says:

29. becca g says:

I just want to say that my husbands boss has a grandchild that was aware and attentive from birth. After his vacinations he turned inward and hadn’t startd taling, now 3 and still very little communication and now diagnosed with authism. I believe science is good for the most part, but when it comes to you and your kids do your homework. see if anyone in your family reacted to a vacine in the past. they believe its an allergy so in this case it could be passed through the family?..

30. becca g says:

31. Samantha says:

Im so just going to keep quiet about becca’s comment.

1. Angel says:

I doubt that……you’ll cave eventually, and come back to refute it. 😆 😀 😆

*prod, prod, prod* *dig*

1. Samantha says:

Nope, not going to argue with someone who can’t spell…. No point in it 🙂

32. Samantha says:

Im so just going to keep quiet about becca’s comment.

1. Angel says:

I doubt that……you’ll cave eventually, and come back to refute it. 😆 😀 😆

*prod, prod, prod* *dig*

1. Samantha says:

Nope, not going to argue with someone who can’t spell…. No point in it 🙂

33. kerry says:

How to treat your child IS personal choice, I for one do not NEED big bro to tell me how to take care of my child, he has literally been to the doc 5 times in his life (he is 6 now) I use natural medicine but would not hesitate to run him to the doc. if I felt the need. These parents showed very poor judgment. While I get it, they need to be punished for their negligence, and the child’s death. Too bad all the way around.

34. kerry says:

35. Bri says:

I just want to point out that not vaccinating and homeopathy do NOT go hand in hand. I for one, am totally for holistic medicine (combinining homeopathic and traditional medicines) but would not hesitiate to vaccinate my children. Though I would push for the thermisol free versions of vaccines, just b/c I don’t like the idea of mercury as a perservative and if I can avoid it, I certainly would. That said, of course everyone should be doing their part to protect their kids AND the health of society.

You can’t say you’re for good health, and then turn your back on reality. That reality being vaccinations have helped society on the whole.

36. Bri says:

37. HealthConscious says:

Homeopathy has been highly effective for our family.  And the science is behind the its use  with many double-blind studies showing its efficacy.  By the way, eczema is a sign of an underlying problem (digestion/gluten intolerance and more) and Western medicine treats only the symptom with topical creams.  The medical doctors couldn’t figure out why my daughter had eczema and stomach cramps and more.  I figured it out with research…we went off gluten and homeopathy helped us immeasurably.  As for vaccinations…do the research because the herd immunity unscientific blather and the potent mix of UNSTUDIED materials in the vaccinations will cause an intelligent person to really choose wisely.  I believe in integrative medicine.  This article is an unfair and, might I add, uneducated indictment of homeopathy and alternative medicine in its entirety.  Let’s  use the best of the best from all types of health practices and hope the jury considered all angles of this case as well without bias towards one type of healthcare.

1. Sandie says: