johnsonscottPolice: Couple left infant in burning car:

Two saved from car fire arrested:

23-year-old Donna Johnson and her boyfriend, 34-year-old Cleveland Scott, were both pulled from a flaming car on I-95 in Newport, Delaware. When asked by the good Samaritans that pulled them out if there was anyone else in the car they allegedly said that there wasn’t.

Except when the Samaritans looked in the car they saw the couple’s 6-month-old baby. Luckily they were able to pull the baby out of the car unharmed.

Along with child neglect charges Johnson was also charged with driving under the influence. That may have been a no-brainer considering Johnson allegedly pulled over then went back on the interstate with the car still on fire.

Scott was also arrested on child endangerment charges.

Now correct me if I’m wrong but I think that if most parents were pulled from a flaming car they would be going nuts trying to get their baby from the car.

I can only imagine what idiotic reason they may have had for leaving their baby in a flaming car.

Thanks to Bridget for the tip.

19 thoughts on “Couple leave infant in flaming car

1. Angel says:

You couldn’t PRY me out of the car, unless my child was ALREADY out. It would take more than a couple of good Samaritans to drag me from the car without my kid in my arms.

Just to illustrate my point – several years ago (6 or 7, I think), in Atlanta, an SUV was rear ended by a car on the interstate, and burst into flames. I believe the mother and baby were killed on impact, but the father was unaware that they were dead, and was trying to climb into the back seat to get to his child. It took several people to drag him away, and he ended up in the hospital with severe burns. Medical staff said his burns were bad, but possibly survivable, and he actually improved a little, I think – but when he regained consciousness, and found out that his wife and child hadn’t made it, he gave up. He died a few days after the accident. Now, here’s the thing – if he hadn’t been trying to save his baby, a few bystanders said that he would most likely not have received life threatening burns. And even after they pulled him from the car, he attempted to go back to help his wife and child. He had to be restrained by others on the scene.

I cannot fathom the kind of person who would deny their child was even present, and let them die such a horrible death. I wouldn’t doubt if they tried to say that they were in shock, and that’s why they acted that way, but I think probably the alcohol was the primary contributing factor. That, and being a couple of selfish losers. 👿

That makes me want to cry.

2. Angel says:

That makes me want to cry.

3. karen says:

unbelievable

4. karen says:

unbelievable

5. jj says:

Ya know, I come on this site and read all of the horrible things that people do to their own children and think, “Is there anything else?” Then I read some shit like this and it hits me harder than reading about some asshole abusing or killing their child. Can you imagine this child’s life? Or his future? With winners like these as parents, his future is fucked. If CPS has this baby right now, they won’t for long. Then we’ll be reading all about this child, with a much more tragic ending.

6. jj says:

7. mystic_eye_cda says:

Hopefully these DNA donors were just too high to remember the baby was in the car. Otherwise 6 month old has probably faced more serious neglect than being left in a burning car.

8. mystic_eye_cda says:

I pray that this child finds a good family instead of the losers to which (s)he was born.

11. pak31 says:

It is one of those stories that makes you say “WOW”. Just glad the baby was saved and that the good samaratins had the sense to double check the car.

12. pak31 says:

13. Ihavekidstoo says:

Once they had the baby OUT of the burning car, they should have shoved the incubator and sperm donor back IN.

14. Ihavekidstoo says:

15. ori says:

wow ….

nice …

16. ori says:

wow ….

nice …

17. Digchild says:

Once the baby was taken out of the burning car,those people should have thrown the two ignorant breeders back into the burning car.The baby would have been better off without them as parents anyway.