agutierezWoman Fakes Miscarriage, Stashes Baby in Cabinet:

19-year-old Alyna Gutierrez went to an ER in Lancaster, California. She claimed that she had just had a miscarriage and that she had flushed the remains down the toilet.

One of the doctors determined that by miscarriage she must have meant given birth. The doctor determined she was far too along to have miscarried.

While she was at the hospital Gutierrez’s mother found the baby in Gutierrez’s room wrapped in towels and stuffed in a cabinet. Luckily the baby has survived.

Gutierrez herself is being held on $1M bond.

This is another case where someone thinks that they’re smarter than a medical professional who went to school for 8 years to learn their craft. Not to mention the years they’ve probably put in practicing medicine. I don’t understand how people think that some lamebrain story they concoct will actually fool a doctor. Then again I would never dream of trying to kill a baby.

Thanks to Bridget for the tip.

55 thoughts on “Woman who claimed miscarriage tried to dump baby

1. April says:

FAIL!! FAIL!!! FAIL!!!! Stupid whore! Thank God the baby is oaky.

2. April says:

FAIL!! FAIL!!! FAIL!!!! Stupid whore! Thank God the baby is oaky.

3. April says:

FAIL!! FAIL!!! FAIL!!!! Stupid whore! Thank God the baby is oaky.

4. mystic_eye_cda says:

Oi!

All she had to do was take the baby with her or give birth at the hospital. Save haven laws protect her from being identified or appearing in court. She’s an adult (under the law) so her medical records are sealed. Even if she weren’t an adult California has pretty strict laws protecting the privacy of minors when comes to reproductive matters.

Infant’s Age
    72 hours or younger

Who May Relinquish the Infant

Parent
    Other person having lawful custody

Who May Receive the Infant
    A safe-surrender site that includes:
    Public or private hospital
    Any location designated by the County Board of Supervisors

Responsibilities of the Safe Haven Provider
    Statute: Health & Safety Code § 1255.7

Provide medical care
    Provide parent with medical questionnaire
    Place coded identification ankle bracelet on child and offer a matching bracelet to the parent
    Notify Child Protective Services

Immunity for the Provider
    Statute: Health & Safety Code § 1255.7

Protection for Relinquishing Parent
    Statute: Penal Code § 271.5
    No person leaving an infant with a safe haven provider may be prosecuted for abandonment, failure to provide, or desertion

Effect on Parental Rights
    Statute: Health & Safety Code § 1255.7

Department will file dependency petition
    Parent has 14 days to reclaim child

1. samantha says:

Unfortunately safe haven laws dont do much for scum like this. They simply dont care what happens to the baby, so why would they bother with the trouble of doing anything right?

2. samantha says:

Protection for Relinquishing Parent

Effect on Parental Rights
    Statute: Health & Safety Code § 1255.7

Department will file dependency petition
    Parent has 14 days to reclaim child

1. samantha says:

Why would you CHOOSE to cause harm to a child when you could simply GIVE IT SAFELY to a hospital? Maybe instead of teaching our teens how to put on a condom, our schools should do more to educate about safe haven laws.

1. Ihavekidstoo says:

Because whores like this one don’t THINK of it as a child. To them it’s just a clump of cells sponging off their bodies. And even if they DID think of their baby as a human being they have so little humanity in their hearts that they don’t CARE if the baby dies. They just want to do what’s most convenient for them. The article doesn’t say, but I’ll bet the slutbag only went to the hospital because she was having post-delivery complications. Concerned with her OWN health, but to hell with the baby. May she rot in jail with a bunch of other inmates who actually miss their kids and who will beat the stuffing out of her every day for what she did to hers.

2. Ihavekidstoo says:

1. Ihavekidstoo says:

10. I want to know what the heck she was planning to do after she got back to the house… what was she planning to do with the baby???? She is more than an idiot, she is an dead soul, and deserves no mercy.

1. Ihavekidstoo says:

Exactly!

2. Ihavekidstoo says:

Exactly!

11. I want to know what the heck she was planning to do after she got back to the house… what was she planning to do with the baby???? She is more than an idiot, she is an dead soul, and deserves no mercy.

12. I want to know what the heck she was planning to do after she got back to the house… what was she planning to do with the baby???? She is more than an idiot, she is an dead soul, and deserves no mercy.

1. Ihavekidstoo says:

Exactly!

13. April says:

She looks like a mean little bitch. Maybe it’s a bleesing she pulled this stunt and the baby was taken away from her. She’d be just the type to smother it or break it for crying.

1. You said ‘blessing’. Please don’t say ‘wake up call’. 😆

2. You said ‘blessing’. Please don’t say ‘wake up call’. 😆

14. April says:

15. April says:

1. You said ‘blessing’. Please don’t say ‘wake up call’. 😆

16. Angel says:

I hope they charge her with attempted murder – after all, that’s what it amounts to. I also hope the mother leaves her in jail instead of bailing her out. Or bails her out just so she can beat the crap out of her.

17. Angel says:

18. Angel says:

19. Layla says:

neonaticides as a group differ from other kinds of child abuse–the young women involved are able to convince themselves that the pregnancy isn’t happening, despite all evidence to the contrary. most of these young women go on to be good mothers later in life, shockingly enough. to the girls, these poor babies simply aren’t REAL. i think a lot of these cases happen because of ambivalence toward abortion. i also wonder if some of them avoid the hospital over costs–i know i woman who still owes $11,000 for the births of her 3 & 5 vyear old daughters. good thing the baby is ok–i hope s/he gets a good shot at a decent life!

20. Layla says:

21. Layla says:

22. lulu says:

I agree with Layla. Sure, it’s easy to judge her (especially with that horrid picture)but when you remember what 19 years old was like, and considering this girl is probably slow witted (what was she going to do when she returned from the hospital? Try to hid it like it was a kitten?) I can understand that she may have been afflicted with some strange disorder.

I don’t hate her but we need to provide more support to our teens so we can avoid this. Maybe more support for the young mothers will lead to less broken babies, less stepmonsters, less abuse in the guise of disciplining.

O.k. so I am a little polyana-ish….

1. Angel says:

Yes….I remember what 19 years old was like. Less than three weeks after I turned 19, I gave birth to my first child. And I didn’t stuff her in a closet to die. As a matter of fact, she is now attending college on a full academic scholarship.

I’m sorry…. this idiot doesn’t get a pass in my world. Not for being afraid – and CERTAINLY not for her age. She needs to be sterilized before she has another baby and actually manages to kill it.

1. Monique says:

I agree with Angel, age is no excuse for stupidity, at 19 (Not even 3 years ago) I was living on my own, working and finished with college, and there are teens who have given birth and struggling or w/e but they have taken care of their children without stuffing them in closets..

The “I’m just a scared teen” card doesn’t apply, and yes perhaps there is a need to give more support to the teens, but how about teach them to keep their legs closed? I believe that if you are “woman” enough to have sex, then you should also woman up and deal with the consequences.

2. Monique says:

2. Angel says:

23. lulu says:

O.k. so I am a little polyana-ish….

24. lulu says:

O.k. so I am a little polyana-ish….

1. Angel says:

1. Monique says:

25. Jenny says:

and we need more education on family planning, this abstience only bull shit just isnt working.

1. jj says:

I think there is plenty of “family planning education” out there and not an issue at all in this case. And as far as her age being an issue, big old NO again. Plenty of people, myself included, have children at a young age and are wonderful parents.

2. jj says:

26. Jenny says:

27. Jenny says:

1. jj says:

28. Amber says:

Condoms fail, birth control fails (even 99% effective means 1 out of 100 will get pregnant), abstinence is the only 100% effective way to prevent pregnancy (other than sterilization). I agree with the “keep the legs closed” thing. If they can’t handle the possible consequence of a baby, they shouldn’t have sex. And I too had my first only weeks after turning 19. Age is definitely not an excuse.

29. Amber says:

30. Amber says:

31. Layla says:

Again, not excusing: it helps to know how and why a phenomenon is happening to prevent it. Most neonaticides are still living with their parents, yet the parents as a group claim not to notice their daughters’ pregnancies. WTF!?! I think I’d notice if my girl was pregnant. These young women seem to be terrified of disappointing their parents. Also, for some reason these particular teens are able to convince themselves that the pregnancy isn’t happening; a crying baby tends to dispel that notion quickly–but not for some.

on the young mom front: mine was 17; i hope she burns in hell.

32. Layla says:

on the young mom front: mine was 17; i hope she burns in hell.

33. Layla says:

on the young mom front: mine was 17; i hope she burns in hell.

34. Lilianag_4 says: