Man Accused Of Sex With Teen He Was Adopting:

44-year-old Raymond Chapman of Coweta County, Georgia got caught allegedly boffing a 17-year-old girl in his SUV. The same 17-year-old girl that he and his wife were trying to adopt. Chapman was allegedly having an affair with the girl even before the adoption process.

Not many people adopt older children so being an adoptee myself I always love hearing stories of people who adopt older children. However, I would hope that people who are adopting older children are not doing it to have SEX WITH THEM!

Both Chapman and his wife were fired by the Georgia Baptist Children’s Home. I guess that’s where Chapman was also cruising for dates. He’s been charged with child rape.

Thanks to LadyJade for the tip.

35 thoughts on “Man has sex with girl he’s trying to adopt

1. karen says:

wonderful. take a child from the system and damage them a little more. i hope he’s sentenced to many long, hard years.

2. karen says:

I hate him. He defiles everything that decent and caring foster and adoptive parents stand for. You adopt a child because you are someone who can provide a safe, loving, nurturing environment for a child (regardless of the age of the child). This man should not only serve prsion time, but also forfeit his balls.

5. Bishop Black says:

Well, I want to start by saying I’m not in *any* way condoning what this man did. It’s definitely not the loving act of a parent, and I have to question his motives greatly in seeking the adoption, not to mention the sex with the teenager.

I’m not especially familiar with all of the laws in the U.S.A. which is why I ask this, is he being charged with child rape because he was in a position of authority (potential adoptive parent) over her, or did the “relationship” start when she was younger? The information I find online (which could be wrong, certainly) indicates that the age of consent in GA is 16, but I don’t know if authority figures are exempt from that, or if there are exceptions for large age gaps, etc. (I’ve never had much cause to look into statutory rape laws)

6. Bishop Black says:

7. karenisthebomb! says:

@Bishop Black…it’s really hard to tell from the article the details of the relationship the guy (potential father! ick!) had with the young girl previous to him being caught. I will say that it definitley is an abuse of his power as an ADULT and also as a person who is trying to adopt the child. I mean, who knows what this guy was telling this girl…for all we know he could have been telling her that he wouldn’t adopt her unless she had sex with him. I know a little about statutory rape laws, but I imagine in this case if the age of consent is, in fact, 16 in Georgia I think the sexual relationship with this girl (assuming he was probably acting as a guardian) would be enough to charge him with an incest charge. I’d actually like to know more about this case….too bad there isn’t more detail in the article.

8. karenisthebomb! says:

9. karenisthebomb! says:

Bishop B, I looked some stuff up….yes, age of consent in Georgia is 16; however read the following law, this should clear up any questions you have. I imagine he probably had a sexual relationship with her long before 16 if he’s being charged with rape. And also they worked for the Babtist Children’s Home….enough said.
    *** CODE SECTION *** 12/03/01

16-6-3.

(a) A person commits the offense of statutory rape when he or she
    engages in sexual intercourse with any person under the age of 16
    years and not his or her spouse, provided that no conviction shall
    be had for this offense on the unsupported testimony of the victim.

(b) A person convicted of the offense of statutory rape shall be
    punished by imprisonment for not less than one nor more than 20
    years; provided, however, that if the person so convicted is 21
    years of age or older, such person shall be punished by imprisonment
    for not less than ten nor more than 20 years; provided, further,
    that if the victim is 14 or 15 years of age and the person so
    convicted is no more than three years older than the victim, such
    person shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.

10. karenisthebomb! says:

*** CODE SECTION *** 12/03/01

16-6-3.

(a) A person commits the offense of statutory rape when he or she
    engages in sexual intercourse with any person under the age of 16
    years and not his or her spouse, provided that no conviction shall
    be had for this offense on the unsupported testimony of the victim.

(b) A person convicted of the offense of statutory rape shall be
    punished by imprisonment for not less than one nor more than 20
    years; provided, however, that if the person so convicted is 21
    years of age or older, such person shall be punished by imprisonment
    for not less than ten nor more than 20 years; provided, further,
    that if the victim is 14 or 15 years of age and the person so
    convicted is no more than three years older than the victim, such
    person shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.

11. Bishop Black says:

@karenisthebomb!

Thank you kindly. Hopefully the sentence is at the end of that range and not the beginning. I’ve never understood the lax sentencing for sex crimes.

12. Bishop Black says:

@karenisthebomb!

13. pak31 says:

This girl obviously was already messed up, now even worse. She is going to need a lot of therapy.

14. pak31 says:

15. Sally Jacobs says:

What ever happened to being innocent until proven guilty????? The media does not always tell the truth of the matter. Be careful who you judge !!!

1. jj says:

This isn’t a court of law, it’s a fucking internet blog and if you don’t like it, why don’t you call the internet police to come get us all, ok?

2. April says:

You post a link or some sort of “proof” that this asshat isn’t guilty of being a child raping douche bag and I will gladly not judge him. Until then, fuck him and fuck you too.

3. Dammit JJ you beat me to it. πŸ˜›

16. Sally Jacobs says:

1. jj says:

2. April says:

3. Dammit JJ you beat me to it. πŸ˜›

17. Elizabeth says:

Kathy, Karen, April, JJ, and Trench..FUCK YOU ALL! You all dont know him or the girl involved. Judge not that you not be judged but dont worry you guys yall will get yours one day. You are all a bunch of fucking dumbasses. You all need to learn when to shut the fuck up or I will be more than glad to do it for you. Thanks

1. I’ll be judged for being a loudmouth with an opinion. Better than being judged for a guy who is accused of doing the horizontal hokey pokey with a girl that he’s trying to adopt.

2. jj says:

No thank you, I like men.

18. Elizabeth says:

2. jj says:

No thank you, I like men.

19. Elizabeth says:

Oh and April how about you show your fat ass up at the court house when Ray is proven innocent..Im sure all his supporters would love to see the look on your face.

20. Elizabeth says:

21. jj says:

I find it very telling about yourself, that you’re here blaming a child for a grown man being a disgusting pervert. Are you his wife? Or some other teenager he’s been “seeing” with some jealousy issues? Either way, I’d love for you to come to Wisconsin and try to shut me up, whore. 😈 😈 😈

22. jj says:

23. ihatefuckingpetefiles says:

omg you rapist freakshow e i hate you why would anyone do that?? SOME MENTAL PROBLEM PROBAZBLY SUCK ON THE COPS JAIL SENTENCE DUDE!! 😈 you are seriously twisted πŸ‘Ώ 😯 my feelings go towards the victim SHE NEEDS SOME TLC 😑

24. ihatefuckingpetefiles says:

25. anonymous says:

Gross. I hope that if I ever decide to get married one day that my future husband doesn't plan to screw a 17 year old then adopt her. Why are some men so dishonest and pig-like?