Stepmother accused of killing baby from Batavia:

Elmira mother accused of poisoning 21-month-old stepson pleads not guilty:

I can’t remember the last time I posted a step-mother story before. Should we go with the classic Wicked Stepmother or the more modern Step-Monster.

Either way 24-year-old Melissa S. Englehardt of Elmira, New York fits the bill for both.

She has been arrested and charged in the November 2009 poisoning death of her 21-month-old stepson Andrew Cianfrini of Batavia, NY. Englehart allegedly put methanol in Andrew’s juice. Methanol is an ingredient of antifreeze.

Police say that prior to Andrew’s visit with his father and his slampig of a wife that she searched on the net for ways to poison someone and that methanol was allegedly found in Andrew’s sippy cup.

She’s also pleaded not guilty on top of everything else.

I guess those web searches and the methanol are just coincidence.

I’ve watched a lot of true crime shows in my time and it seems that anti-freeze is the weapon of choice for women who want to get rid of a family member. My point is that she’s a stupid idiot because police and forensic experts know what to look for and you’re not the first person to think of this. The dumbest and most evil maybe but not the first.

Thanks to Tammy for the tip.

31 thoughts on “Step-Breeder poisoned boy

1. Anonymous says:

Monster is right. I’m watching my 19 month old son now and trying to imagine what an innocent BABY could do to make someone want to snuff their life out like that. Choked up just thinking about it. I’m embarassed to be human sometimes…………… Saw a pic of him and he was little angel.

1. Aussie Sabbath says:

It’s the same reason why bad boyfriends bash their penis-sleeves offspring to death. The kids aren’t theirs, and they feel the need to eliminate any other DNA so they can spread their own.

2. Sarah Ali says:

3. Tina says:

I hate this effing whorebag. I just gave my daughter a sippy cup full of juice. She was sooooooo excited to drink out of Dora cup, I can’t imagine putting anything it to hurt her. These are the people that are supposed to protect you, not hurt you! WTF? I’d like 5 minutes alone with her. I can assure you poisoning will be the least of her worries!

1. cristina says:

I don’t know what Dora has ๐Ÿ™‚ my 3yo loves her too, and anything that has Dora in it.

This freaking monster deserves the death penalty, give her antifreeze too, so that she can die a painful death, poor little boy.

1. Tina says:

Oh, antifreeze, that is prime-evil, and I love it!

Yes, Dora is very popular in our house, along with Spongebob! ๐Ÿ˜‰

4. Tina says:

1. cristina says:

1. Tina says:

Oh, antifreeze, that is prime-evil, and I love it!

Yes, Dora is very popular in our house, along with Spongebob! ๐Ÿ˜‰

5. Grace W. says:

This bitch is PREGNANT! WTF! When I was pregnant I felt so loving towards every kid and baby that came across my path. In my job I had to deal with kids a lot and I just loved being around them because my mama hormones were kickin in big time.

Its not like this little boy lived with her fulltime and she resented him because of it (not that thats an excuse). He was there for TWO days and then back to his mom. What is her freakin problem?

After she gives birth feed her nothing but different poisons till she dies. And I mean poisons that fucking HURT as they kill you.

6. Grace W. says:

7. April says:

Mother.Fuck. I hope that baby’s mother is granted the oportunity to knock that dog shit out of this fugly hose bag.

8. April says:

9. Eli says:

Pour this bitch a super-sized drink of anti-freeze.

Rest in Peace, little one.

10. Eli says:

Pour this bitch a super-sized drink of anti-freeze.

Rest in Peace, little one.

11. Angel T. says:

o.O Oh…man…I can’t even think about what to say about this one….*sigh* evil bitch needs to die, after she has her baby and it is taken away from her of course. I suggest making her chug anti-freeze till her eyeballs bleed…

12. Angel T. says:

13. April says:

She refers to herself as Mama Bear on her myspace page. Ick.

1. madison says:

i would have to say that would be an incorrect statement on her part, i mean, indeed she does look like a bear, but mama bears usually ptotect the cubs not poison them ๐Ÿ˜•

1. April says:

She also completed a survey on Mayspace claiming that the kinkiest thing she has ever done is helping to raise her step child. That is fucking odd. This bitch may need her ass kicked even worse than I originally thought.

1. madison says:

eeeeeeewwww. why would she even put the words “child” and “kinky” in the same sentence. i would love to put soap in a sock and beat her with it.

1. April says:

Yep. She is a sick, twisted whore from Hell.

14. April says:

She refers to herself as Mama Bear on her myspace page. Ick.

1. madison says:

1. April says:

1. madison says:

1. April says:

Yep. She is a sick, twisted whore from Hell.

15. Anonymous says:

The KINKIEST thing she’s ever done is raise her step child. That is seriously messed up. There probably is more to this than has been reported yet. Dirty bastard bitch ๐Ÿ˜ก

16. Sarah Ali says:

17. miriam says:

engine antifreeze has ethylene gylcol in it. Methanol is used to keep windshield wiper fluid from freezing. Seems like it acts a bit like cyanide (much slower, tho)
    muy peligrioso!
    Oh, yeah, horrible b*tch.

18. miriam says:

muy peligrioso!
    Oh, yeah, horrible b*tch.