TiaraPool

Tiara Pool

Police: Mother met killer on Craigslist:

21-year-old Tiara Pool is the woman who Jacksonville, Florida police say was stabbed to death by 19-year-old David Sparre after meeting him on craigslist.

There have been some more details released about Ms. Pool which makes the story even more tragic.

Ms. Pool was a mother of two children and was going to college. While she was married her marriage was trouble. Unfortunately, she made the fatal mistake of using craigslist to try to meet someone new.

As you can see I posted a picture of Ms. Pool which I normally don’t do. I did that because I wanted to show you one of the reasons as to why Ms. Pool’s murder has not cracked the national media.

The two reasons are, in no particular order, is that Ms. Pool is black and that this happened in the South. If Ms. Pool was white and this murder took place in the media-centric Northeast this would be a bigger story.

Hopefully, with sites like mine and others, the word can be spread of the dangers like this that lurk on craigslist and that victims like Ms. Pool will not be forgotten.

41 thoughts on “More on craigslist murder victim Tiara Pool

1. mbardelli says:

I don’t agree with race and geographical location being the factors for the national media not covering this event. People are murdered all the time in the US and the national media does not cover most of them. Having said that, Ms. Pool did indeed make several terrible mistakes. The most important thing to remember is that she was married. Married people have no business posting ANYTHING in the craigslist personals section. Her husband was out on deployment. He was in a positition to die for his country. She was cheating on him, plain and simple. I do understand that the marriage was in trouble. They should have divorced if they could not keep their vows. Did they go to counseling to try to resolve their differences? There are two children involved here. Why was this mother setting such a poor example for them? How would she explain to them who the “new man” in her life was? This whole thing stinks. It is not my place to judge Ms. Pool for her actions while she was with us. God is doing that as we speak. I hope this serves as a wake up call for people who want to cheat on their spouses. Adultery has VERY REAL consequences for ALL involved.

1. Jim nyc says:

Tragic story. Especially tragic because of the
      children and she was trying to better herself by going to college.

“The two reasons are, in no
      If Ms. Pool was white and this murder took place in the media-centric Northeast
      this would be a bigger story”

“The two reasons are, in no
      If Ms. Pool was white and this murder took place in the media-centric Northeast
      this would be a bigger story”
      I think you
      are 100% on the money. Look no further than the coverage for Amanda Knox, Natalee Holloway, Casey Anthony. For
      every one of them who is covered in the media, as you well know, there are
      uncountable victims who stories are never, or minimally told because of their
      color, or being poor, or otherwise marginalized. I live in NYC and seee this bias all the time. If you are black and get murdered you get 3 minutes on the 6:00 o’clock news. If you are a white woman and get your ass groped by some perve on Madison Avenue there will be two weeks coverage about “The East Side Groper”

I have only used craigslist for one thing over
      the years, that is the skilled trades page for advertising my business, I don’t
      think I have ever even looked at any of the other pages, but was of course aware
      of the “big” stories that made the media about murders resulting from criminals
      using craigslist to find their victims.

You site has really opened my eyes to the
      scope of the problem. I don’t think I can any longer in good conscious use it
      even for my business. I knew what worthless lumps of doo doo
      Newmark, Buckmaster, and Powell were, but never realized just how big the issue
      really is until I found your site.

2. I think location has more to do with it than race but national media outlets are usually more interested in missing blonde white girls. However when it comes to craigslist murders the only ones that made national headlines were the murder of Julissa Brisman in Boston and George Weber in New York. Yet the murder of Katherine Ann Olson did not make news outside of Minnesota.

1. NS says:

That is bullshit. THis is not about race. They do not want to publicize this because it is a death penalty case. It will give potential jurors a formed opinion before the trial. They want a clear cut trial with no chance of error. The publicity will not start until all of the evidence is revealed. And as far as “craigslist murders”, Tiara Pool was not a vicitim of a craigslist predator. She posted an ad, someone answered it, and they arrested the most guilty looking guy. David Sparre was not the only suspect. DO the research before ignorant comments are made.

1. He may not have been the only suspect but he was the one who allegedly took her car too. And what do you have to say about the murder weapon that police recovered. Let me guess. Was it planted?

1. ?Really? says:

No you flipping moron…it was not planted. What was recovered was a knife with no blood and no fingerprints. Explain (to me a CRJ student) how that is considered THE murder weapon. Was your brain “planted” or are you just that F*ing stupid?

2. ns says:

You need to re-read your comment. The keyword in your ignorant comment was “allegedly”. Yes, the investigators released a statement to include that they BELIEVED he took her car. They clearly made an assumtion as there is again, no proof that he killed her or stole/took her car.

1. You need to get your money back from your criminal justice school. It’s not taking.

3. bogustoo says:

You state that you won’t judge Ms. Pool, yet your words are doing exactly that. Yes, it appears there were marital problems. We don’t know what they were or whether they were being corrected. And it’s none of our business. Yes, it appears Ms. Pool was cheating on her husband. Once again, none of our business.Adultery does NOT justify murder. Not in any way, shape or form.Don’t claim that I’m misunderstanding you either. Your last two sentences are perfectly clear.

1. ns says:

I did not judge her. Those were the facts and as I parent, I formed and opinion and voiced it. I did not make those things up about her, the media and her family have released that information. I did not say ANYTHING justified murder and if you think that is why she was killed then maybe they need to look into those who were close to her…as in her “friends”, not a one-night stand with a stranger. Sounds like everyone making comments has no idea what they are talking about.

4. jj says:

Did you really just blame this woman for being murdered? You have no idea what was going on within her relationship, if they we’re separated and talking divorce or what. Did she make a bad decision? Yes. Did she deserve to die? Did her children deserve to grow up without their mother? No! You deserve a nice bitch slap for the moronic comments that you made.Self-righteous cunt

1. ns says:

she wasn’t taking care of her kids…she was not a mother. she was a woman who gave birth. big deal, any woman can do it.

1. Just like any woman can take a ‘criminal justice’ course?

1. ns says:

yea motherfucker, just like any dumbass can run a website

1. I’m not the one claiming to be a legal expert just because I took a course at a community college.

5. NS says:

You haven’t seen your daughter that you “fear” so much for in well over a year. You have no idea what you are talking about, so let’s just leave this for the attorney’s. Your allegations are false and you are the one that has been arrested for CDV on multiple women.

1. Friend says:

I just pray for David cause his life was in turmoil, he leaves behind a beautiful baby girl to a girl that David could have worked things out with but chose to go the wrong route. I pray for Tiara’s family as well as they mourn the loss of a beautiful woman. David was trying to find a place to live that someone would actually want him cause he has been through so many family members telling him that they didnt want him. I guess now, this was his way of making sure he wasnt out on the streets. It was bad judgment on his part but if you really knew where he came from you would understand.

1. ns says:

“Friend” I wish I knew who you were or how to contact you. We have much to discuss. If you ever check this out, find me on facebook. David and I have the same last name. Mnay of my family members with that last name are on there too, so if you know him as well as you claim, then you already know me.

1. jj says:

Well that just explains EVERYTHING! You’re related to the murdering prick, therefore you are excusing away his murderous actions and trying to blame the victim. Typical, just typical.

6. Valarie says:

Wow!! The comments on here are just crazy.. My name is Valarie Speed and Tiara Pool was my niece. My mother and I raised her and I can’t believe my baby is gone. I just want to say that yes my niece made a horrible decision that caused her her life, but that did not give him the right to kill her. He stabbed her so many times that we could not open her casket to view her for the last time. I must say that I agree with the comments about this not being in the media because of her race and the fact that her spouse was white. Our family tried to make this public, but we had no luck. Please continue to keep us in your prays as we try to gather ourselves for the horrible trial we must now bare.

1. Thank you for your comment and my condolences on your lost. As long as these crimes keep being committed I will do everything I can to make sure they receive the attention they deserve.

1. Publicity Whore says:

This case has received plenty of exposure. Several media outlets and online sites have reported it and have continued to follow it everytime my brother has been to court. What more do you want the media to do…execute him personally? He will stand trial just as any other person who is accused of a crime. The jury will make their decision and it is obvious that a person of your caliber would do everything humanly possible to tamper with such jury.

1. When the story makes it to CNN then maybe I’ll consider it getting enough exposure.

I don’t want the media to execute your brother. I want the state of Florida to do so after he’s convicted.

2. A Sister Mourns says:

Daivd Sparre is my brother. I, too mourn for a loss. Nobody is a villain here. We are all victims. None of us know what happened. As far as the supposed “confession”…nobody knows what really happens in a room full of investigators and a scared teenager. I could only imagine what they put him through. I am sorry for the loss of the Pool family, but all my brother is guilty of is answering a personal ad that should not have been there in the first place. If she was such a loving mother and wife, then she would not have resorted to such things as craigslist personals and having her children at relatives. I am a full time criminal justice student with two small children and a husband. I have also been in the military. There is no excuse for poor judgement and irrespinsiblity as a parent. It is funny how people are accusing my brother of this without a shred of proof (besides the phone calls, etc.). He has been in jail for several months while a killer walks free. He was involved with the wrong girl at the wrong time. I bet nobody knew that there were other suspects but because my brother was more “involved” he was arrested. And to set the story straight, my brother had permission by the Jax investigators to leave the state of GA. They knew where he was the whole time and he was only a person of interest until they forced a BS confession. U.S. Marshalls were involved for jurisdictional purposes and publicity. It will all come out in TRIAL. I can’t wait for everyone to apologize to my family for the crap they are putting us through. No PROOF, yet my brother is rotting away in prison!

1. First of all I do need to caution you as a relative of the accused you’re probably not helping his case by posting here as law enforcement does read this site regularly.

And yes there is a victim here and it’s Tiara Pool. Posting a personal ad on craigslist while married may be distasteful but it’s not illegal. Stabbing someone multiple times until they die is.

And you’re not the first criminal justice student who has commented on this site about how much they think they know about real criminal justice. Remember you’re still a student and you can get criminal justice certification from just about anywhere so your credentials don’t impress me.

Are they teaching that all cases are frame ups in criminal justice courses now because that seems to be what a lot of you seem to think.

1. ns says:

First of all, everything I have said on here has already been released via the lead investigator. YOU Mr. Reynolds do not need to caution me about anything. I am simply voicing my opinion (First Amendment…read it) and it is perfectly legal. Actually if you knew anything about the law, you would already be aware that Adultry is a crime and prostitution is too. My brother was accused of murder. This does not mean he is guilty. I welcome all enforcement agencies to read my opinion. What are your credentials? I did not claim to be anything more than a student and a sister to a man that has been falsely accused. Do not attack me for standing up for my family. I have not read any other attacks on here so maybe you need to take a step back and watch how you speak to me. I never said he was framed. I said he was falsely accused. It happens all of the time. You sound like you are perfect and all you have to do is attack me. Get over yourself and see this for what it is. See both sides. I have. I do not condone murder and if my brother is found guilty then I will accept it. I will no loner take your verbal attacks. I am not a Journalism student or professional. Obviously you think you are. If you want to ever make it in the adult world, I caution your excessive use of personal emotions in your stories. Talk about the facts.

1. I am not a journalist or professional either. Just a guy with a website and an opinion and my opinion is that your brother killed Tiara Pool.

2. ns says:

Adultery is still considered a crime in most states. In the state where Ms. Pool resided, Florida, adultery is a crime. It has been prosecuted as recently as 2006. It is not commonly prosecuted, but you can face up to 60 days in jail and/or up to a $500 fine. If I am not mistaken, Florida law considers this a second-degree misdemeanor.

Section 796.07 of the 2010 Florida Statutes prohibits anyone from offering, soliciting or coercing a person into performing sexual acts for hire. Additionally, it makes it illegal to own, rent or even reside in a place or building that will be used for prostitution. The charge for violating this section is second-degree misdemeanor for the first offense, first-degree misdemeanor for the second offense and third-degree felony for the third offense.

I found this information online since I am not a Florida resident. I do not study that state’s laws.

These are illegal and much more than “distastefull” as you put it. Looks like a simple internet search would have helped you out on this one.

1. While it may be considered a crime in some states I’m pretty sure that the recommended sentencing for adultery isn’t the death penalty. At least your brother is getting a trial. Tiara Pool didn’t have that luxury.

2. Anonymous says:

Let me tell you one damn thing you bitch I date her husband’s sister and let me tell you one thing you piece of trash DNA evidence does not lie and I hope your brother is executed! He stole property from her, his DNA was on the knife and you are in clear denial! It does not matter what this young lady was doing she did not deserve to be murdered in cold blood by your coward bastard brother!!!

7. Apparently your criminal justice program didn’t teach you shit about libel.

1. Moron says:

And your mother taught you NO manners at all and how to think of both sides of the story, not just the “victim”. Grow the hell up…really get a life. Apparently your website is all you know. I didn’t say I was a lawyer dipshit. In the process. Maybe I will find a way to shut your sorry ass down.

1. Good luck with that. Let me know how it works out for you.

2. ns says:

That wasn’t “libel” honey…go look at public records for Ben. They are located in South Carolina, Georgia, Nebraska, Oklahome, etc. Ask anyone who has given birth to his children. They will give you the same information. He is more than welcome to file a suit for slander, but he knows that it is the truth so I have nothing to worry about. There are public records and police reports (some with pictures) to prove everything I said about him. This is not about me or him. It is about you…maybe you are a deadbeat. I don’t know, but it seems like anything I say I am going to be wrong to you. Well, this bitch aint going away so get used to me Mr. Reynolds.

1. He can’t sue me for slander.

8. Ronni says:

Nobody wants to believe their 19-year-old relative is a killer. Like many families in similar situations, they won’t believe it until faced with incontrovertible proof.

The fact remains that even women with impeccible morals get killed. Yes, this victim made some serious errors in judgment, but she has paid a price much higher than anyone should have to.

1. ns says:

I agree with that. Nobody should ever be murdered. In a perfect world puppies would never get old, the sun would always shine, and my brother would not be standing trial for murder. Shit happens. I choose to put on a pair of boots, grab a paddle, and get on up the creek.

1. You may want to give your brother that paddle because it seems he’s up Shit Creek without one.

9. Butterfly_30625 says:

Tiara was a very good friend of mine in high school. She was a very beautiful person inside and out and did not deserve what happened to her. RIP Lady T, we will ever forget you &lt3

10. anonymous says:

I was unaware of all of this with david until recently, like a few weeks. I honestly do not know what to think, my friends and i went to school with david, rode the bus with him, hung out him, i dated him, and i always seen several sides of him,  when i first arrived in ga he was mean, and gave girls hell, for no reason at all, NONE, but we eventually became close then dated on and off through a two yr period of time. He once told me he killed a man with a swiss army knife, and i took it as a joke, boys play, but then he about ran me over one day, and spray painted my stop sign that i was a bitch bc i would not sleep with him or date him again, david liked attention, but got it in the wrong way, and when he didnt get his way, acted out even more.Iv always known he had something mean in him, and was capable of something crazy,also he told lies many times,  but i never would have imagined something like this happening, or knowing he was capable of this….. two months before this happen he was at my house, around my child, im still in shock, and was recently told that he has told investigators and several other people that my child was his…..an investigator sent a letter and tried contacting me, and i think its bullshit wither he did the crime or not(this goes for any insane murder like this) that if in fact he was the father of my child he would get a lesser sentence than the death penalty. What i dont understand is why he is making these claims (once again another one of his famous lies), old friend or not, if he did the crime he should do the time, this isnt just killing someone this is BRUTALLY murdering, 89 times is pure INSANITY. Messed up, sick, psychologically wrong in the head… &amp im sorry but if he “didnt” do it then why did he confess to the cops…. and i heard that in fact his dna was on the weapon.

11. DandNya says:

If a pig skin pasty white she pig was killed the media would go cookoo. Racism like this makes blacks not care about white women since they dont give a damn about ours!!!!