More from the Socastee Boo Hoo files

SocasteeHighSchool

Teen school shooting suspect remains in detention:

The unnamed 14-year-old gunman from the shooting at Socastee High School in South Carolina was back in court this past week. He was ordered to remain in detention for at least another 45 days while he undergoes a psych eval.

The bone I’d like to pick with is with his supporters.

The boy’s family members and friends showed their support by wearing blue ribbons, the symbol of an anti-bullying campaign. A friend of the boy’s father says, the 14-year-old is a good kid, and the shooting incident was out of character. “He’s got a big heart, and he’s been pushed around, and it just makes me mad, and that’s why, right there, (touching blue ribbon) I want people to realize that bullying thing’s got to stop,” said Jami LaFon.

LaFon believes the boy kept the bullying from his parents and school, fearing that if he told anyone about it, it might get worse. LaFon says he knows the boy will have to pay for what he did, but he hopes common sense will be used and that those who bullied the boy will feel some remorse. “I just hope good comes out of this, that’s all.”

If his friends knew that he was being bullied why didn’t they do anything to stop it? Not to mention his alleged bullying wasn’t the only thing his parents didn’t know about. They obviously also didn’t know about the guns and bombs that their kid was allegedly posting about on his twitter page.

If you want to actually do something about bullying instead of wearing ribbons, which accomplishes nothing, get the schools to actually stand up to the parents of bullies without flinching.

Still, guns are never the proper response to being bullied as not only does that make you a bully but it makes you a coward as well.

Do you appreciate my work? Then please take a second to support me on Patreon.

21 Comments

1. Endersdragon

Wait… do you really think schools will do anything to stop bullying even if parents complain. Maybe after football season is over you might have a point, but in South Carolina early October… yea right. Look at the school that has had 4 suicides recently because of bullying. You would think after the third suicide they might actually do something about the bullying, but no, 4 suicides it is.

1. Trench Reynolds

Once again you totally missed the point. Parents do complain but schools do nothing about it because they’re afraid to stand up to the parents of bullies.

And again complaining about sports and the south just shows how ignorant you really are. Not all jocks are bullies and not all bullies are jocks.

2. The Great WekDe

“but it makes you a coward as well.” Hey Pot, have you and Kettle been arguing again lately on your coloration?

1. Trench Reynolds

At least that’s more mature than the drivel you usually post.

3. Anonymous

While kids made my life a living hell back in middle school, I never once thought about picking up a gun to settle the score…somehow, I knew there would be better days ahead (which there were), and managed to get through these rough times.

Even if he was bullied, going on a shooting rampage like our Socastee friend did completely invalidates any legitimate issues he might have had…other than friends/fam/apologists, no one’s gonna care about w/e problems he had. All they know is that this kid took the law into his own hands and destroyed innocent lives, and nothing he possibly went through can justify that by any stretch of the imagination.

4. Anonymous

Oh, and let us not forget those lovely posts on his Twitter page, where he talks about:

– Setting off pipe bombs and Molotov cocktails
    – Drawing swastikas in class
    – People thinking he would shoot up Socastee (and we know how that turned out)

Funny how these school shooter apologists don’t see that these “poor souls” typically have a history of violence and/or disturbed behavior.

1. Trench Reynolds

Exactly. It’s hard to muster any sympathy if the kid was ‘bullied’ for drawing swastikas all over the place.

5. You know

Really? You had to call it the “Scoastee Boo Boo” files? Listen here you little weasel. Outsiders like you know nothing. Nothing about what’s going on behind the scenes when it comes to court cases. Learn to take what you hear from the news with a grain of salt. And those supporters you’d like to pick a bone with, watch it. That’s my family, motherfucker

1. Trench Reynolds (Post author)

Boo-hoo.

1. You know

Whatever, man. You’re just a clown who obviously doesn’t have a life. I really hope you don’t do this for a living. It’d be a shame if you did.

1. Trench Reynolds (Post author)

Nope. I don’t do this for a living, yet. However, if you want to support me you can do so at Patreon. https://www.patreon.com/trenchreynolds

1. You know

No thanks. I don’t agree with the way you report and convey things. Particularly about me.

1. Trench Reynolds (Post author)

Well, I don’t know who you are so we’re even.

1. You know

Thought it was obvious. Boo-hoo

2. Trench Reynolds (Post author)

I didn’t know you had gotten out. Congrats.

3. Christian

Only had to do 85% of 6 years. That was October 2015. And thanks, I guess. And on one last note, those swastikas were drawn in ignorance. Not knowing what they could be interpreted as, they were just doodles to represent my German heritage. Not for racism or glorifying the holocaust. Thought I’d clear that one thing up.

4. Trench Reynolds (Post author)

I have a couple of questions that I’d like to ask you but I would like to do it through email and any responses will not be published to this blog. Are you willing?

6. Christian

Depends on the questions and the purpose.

1. Trench Reynolds (Post author)

Just trying to be a fair man.

1. Christian

About what, the story? Anyways, if you want you can message me the questions on facebook messenger and I’ll see. I’ve been keeping a trend of denying answering questions but I’m curious what yours are.