Police: Child abuse hotline supervisor sold pot with children in home:

If this isn’t like rain on your wedding day I don’t know what is.

In Glenville, New York police arrested 39-year-old Kristen Trapalis for selling weed out of her home while three young children, 7 months, 4 year and 6-years, were there. Police confiscated 4 pounds of weed during the arrest.

What makes this ironic is that Trapalis is a supervisor for the state’s child abuse hotline. According to tipster K. this doesn’t come as that big of a surprise to her…

I once called this child abuse hotline, and reported someone smoking crack in front of his 7 year old daughter. The response was “And how does that harm the child?”.

So I guess if smoking crack in front of kids is allegedly tolerated then dealing weed out of your house surely must not be that big a deal.

Drug dealing, no matter what kind of drug, can be a violent business. When you’re dealing in large quantities and have an excess of cash laying around the house you’re leaving yourself wide open to a plethora of violent crimes, which in turn puts the young children of the house in grave danger.

No word if police were tipped off through the child abuse hotline. Somehow I doubt it.

34 thoughts on “Child abuse hotline boss caught selling weed with kids in the house

1. Anonymous says:

Pure insanity, makes you wonder how well they monitor the individuals that work in these places considering she made it into a supervisor position. My guess is they don’t do any drug screening! It’s tragic enough when “parents” harm their little ones but you have individuals working in these places that apparently have no problems with running illegal activities out of their own homes while they have their lil ones present. They are supposed to help protect children from harms way but they bring it to their own children. How the hell can one trust that they’ll put any effort into reports they receive?

1. Montcalm47 says:

This is a very sad situation because the signs were all there before this person was promoted to supervisor and yet she was still put in a position where she was not only supervising other people but also making decisions that she was clearly incapable of making
      on the safety and well-being of other children. One can only imagine the number of families effected by this woman’s poor decisions and the competence of the people in a government agency who hired her in the first place because she was definitely not a low key person and was not very experienced.

1. IgnoranceISbliss says:

Yes, all the signs were there that she was clearly well educated and the gov’t essentially doesnt just hand out jobs. Hello, background checks!! Perhaps us women need do them on the men we date and allow into our lives.

1. April says:

Women SHOULD do background checks on men they date.  sadly, even that may not be enough.  There is always a first time for someoen to do something criminal, so a background check may not be as telling as we’d like.

2. Anonymous says:

Hell yes women and men for that matter should absolutely do background checks on anyone they let into their lives especially when there are children involved.  It’s a parents responsibility to protect his or her children at all costs and that includes shelling out for a background check on your new roomies.

1. April says:

There you are!!  Where in the fuck have you been??

2. Anonymous says:

The hubs started working an odd shift this week so I’m practicing being a single mommer!  I think I’ve got it down though so, I’m back with my bells on!

3. April says:

Ring-a-ding.  April is a happer beotch.

2. Greena25 says:

Just because a Judge take bribes and commits crimes outside the court doesn’t mean he doesn’t know the law and can’t give sensible advice.u00a0 Allu00a0170 plus thatu00a0work at the Child Abuse Register (hotline)u00a0have a Bachelors Degree.u00a0 CPS experienceu00a0and/or 3 years in the Human Service field is also required.u00a0 The Child Protective Specialist that answers the phone is well trained in what child abused and maltreatment is, and social services law.u00a0 That doesn’t meanu00a0a person is perfect.

1. Anonymous says:

So, it’s okay for this individual who is responsible for the health, safety and well being of hundreds of children aside from her own to allow a drug dealer in her home?u00a0 While yes, maybe she does know policy and procedure but exactly how is she still in any way qualified to dole out action plans and make decisions regarding the welfare of the children in her charge if she can’t make decent decisions regarding her own family?u00a0 nnJust a little FYI, a piece of paper doesn’t necessarily mean a person is qualified to do anything.u00a0 It may mean the person worked hard and earned it but it could just as easily mean they went to an online college and cheated their way through or relied on the “smart” kids to skate by.u00a0 I have a degree and I worked my ass off for it but for every one student like me I can tell you three who skated through doing the bare minimum or nothing at all yet still ended up in the same commencement ceremony as I did.nnBottom line, when you make crap decisions in your personal life, you lose credibility in your professional life.

2. Angies4kids says:

Don’t these people watch First 48?  More than half of the murders they investigate are from people kicking in the door and killing/robbing the drug dealers!   What a dangerous situation to put your children in!

1. Danielle says:

I’m obbsessed with The First 48! And you’re so right… dealing drugs (no matter what kind) puts everyone you know at risk. Thank God no kids were harmed.

1. Split Second Blur says:

If anyone ever murders my dumb ass, I so want Caroline Mason investigating my death. I absolutely adore that woman.

3. Anonymous says:

I personally know this chic.   This story makes me sad.

1. SpokenTruth says:

So having known this “chic” don’t you find it even more sad in your vague response…  If you truly know or have ever known this woman, clearly she has been no more than an upstanding member of the community, a dedicated student who has gone above and beyond academia and lives her life for her ONE child. This beautiful and intelligent woman brought all that to her work; just a trait one could possess to move up in her field as she did. Guilty of having too big a heart and taking one in whom clearly pulled the wool over her eyes is the real story here. GET THE FACTS people! Don’t be so quick to assume and know how media and society destroys humanity as a whole as we lack compassion, support and loyalty to what really matters in life. There is no way a beautiful and intelligent woman such as she could have been such a pillar and of help to anyone or excelled the way she has in life if this were a true story. What truly is sad, is what other people can do to diminish a lifetime of hard work, destroy a reputation and abuse a person when they were being taken in out of love yet truly living a lie. Lesson here to all is should be more sure about who people really are and the law need better do a better job at finding the real people at blame and protecting human rights.

1. April says:

Are you fucking kidding me?  Beautiful, educated, intelligent people do fucked up things all the time.  Open your fucking eyes.  There are people, like your friend here, who abuse the power bestowed upon them DAILY!!  Priests, teachers, parents – they commit crimes.  There is no class, race or gender immune from it.  If there was, we wouldn’t have sites like this.  So how about you yank your narrow little head out of you constipated ass and face reality.  Your friend isn’t a beautiful as you think.

1. Anonymous says:

You forgot the quotes around “your friend”.  I wonder if it was weird for her to read her own name on this site?

1. April says:

Haaaaahaaaaaaaaaa.  I didn’t even think about that.

4. Kae Lily says:

It’s official. Humanity is doomed.

5. Muggle says:

My roommate had a friend who dealt pot out of his apartment.  One day a buyer and some of his buddies decided to break in, hold the friend at gunpoint, and take all of his stuff.  Weeks afterward the friend could still feel where the gun was held to his head.

So yeah, I’ve got nothing against smoking pot, but dealing it out of your house is incredibly dangerous and is definitely not a good environment for children.  This is why pot should be legal- no illegal dealing out of houses where dealers and their families are opened up to all sorts of violent crimes.

6. April says:

So, I found a pic of this “beautiful” creature…. I beg to differ.

She looks like simple trailer trash to me.  But, that’s just my opinion.

1. Anonymous says:

“Roll it up, light it up, smoke it up, inhale, exhale…”

Who knew Cypress Hill provided such powerful words for a breeder to live by.

1. April says:

I loves my some Cypress Hill.  Nice ref.  Thanks for that.  I’ve never been more proud of you.

1. Anonymous says:

When we’re absolutely honest with ourselves, don’t we all love ’em if even just a little?

2. April says:

A little?  Are you fucking kidding me?  I’m went to high school in SoCal.  I’m a Sublime, Cypress Hill, Rage Against the Machine, Pennywise, Offspring, Slightly Stoopid, Social D junky.  I know I’m a dork, but they are all big beach cities bands.  I’ve seen most of them play in small venues before they blew up.

2. April says:

did you hit the little arrow and check out her man?  I think I spotted a neck tattoo.  Classy.

1. Anonymous says:

What gave it away – the tell-tale white trash “wet look” to the curls or the $9.99 Wal-Mart special flowered dress?

1. April says:

All of it.  She kinda has that “rode hard and put up wet” biker skank look.  Or like a lot lizard.  Oh fuck… I think I found my Halloween costume.

1. Anonymous says:

Suh-weet!  I’ll definitely need some of those pics!!

1. April says:

Lot Lizard April?  Can you picture it?  I’m not sure I can pull off that look.  You’ll have to ask Deena, Trench or Danielle.  TW – why aren’t you on Facebook??

2. Anonymous says:

I keep thinking I should make one of them there Facebook profiles but I just haven’t.

3. April says:

Do it do it do it do it.  (no pressure)

7. Montcalm47 says:

Upstanding citizen ….r u kidding me…she may have been smart when she started her job but she fried her brains on weed and ecstasy….as for being vague it was more politically correct. This mother who was so deleted to her son that she screwed him up by moving different men in and out of her house on a regular basis, she Hung out in strip clubs , dressed , acted and talked like a hooked. She was constantly calling in at her job because she was to Hung over to work. She is a pathological liar and if she did not have gossip to spread on people that she pretended were her friend then she would make shit up. You can’t not make her out to look like Mother Teresa because she did all these things before she met the loser. Oh and by the way she thought nothing of hooking up with this man, only days after meeting him at his wedding with his pregnant bride. Actions speak louder than words and having an education does not make u smart. Not only did this birth live scandalous but she bragged out it to people she hardly knew. Please , she deserves everything that comes her way ten fold.