India Couch

TPD: Mom beat kid for eating her pot:

Tampa police say woman struck 1-year-old who ate some of her pot:

Who says weed doesn’t make you violent?

22-year-old India Couch (Really? Is your sister’s name Bangladesh Sofa?) of Tampa, Florida was arrested for allegedly beating a 1-year-old in her care with a sandal until welts were raised on the child’s body.

The reason for such rage was when the child was left unattended the kid went through Couch’s purse, found some of her weed, and ate it. Rather than taking the kid to the hospital for ingesting the illegal drug she must have thought it was better to beat the child for depriving her of her buzz.

The child was not the only one to feel her reefer wrath. when an adult tried to protect the child Couch allegedly beat the man with a 5 pound barbell on the chest and back.

If I didn’t know any better I would swear that’s the behavior of a *gasp* drug addict. But people keep telling me that you can’t get addicted to weed and that it’s a victimless crime.

I would argue that the 1-year-old child disagrees.

Thanks to Steve and Nicole for the tips.

31 thoughts on “Furniture beats kid for eating weed

1. Muggle says:

Smoking weed RESPONSIBLY is a victimless crime, though *dealing* weed is… would  be victimless if it was legal.  Just sayin’.   It’s nearly impossible to get *physically* addicted, but people do get hooked psychologically.  This is why pot-smoking parents should a)KEEP THEIR GODDAMN DRUGS AWAY FROM THEIR KIDS and b)KEEP AN EYE ON THEIR CHILDREN. And, you know, figure out a way to have a good time that doesn’t involve weed.  It’s not that fucking difficult.

This bitch would probably beat the shit out of her child regardless of what drug she was on.  Crazy bitch.  You don’t leave a baby unattended then blame *him* when he tries to eat your drugs.  Anyone who does is is a fucking dumbass. Lock her ass up until that child is 18, so she doesn’t get him back and beat him again, sans drugs.

1. Anonymous says:

Precisely.  I couldn’t have said it better myself.  Can I get an AMEN?

2. Bri says:

Interesting write up!  I have to say this is an evil woman most certainly.  But,  she’d almost certainly be that way with or without the drugs.  Its irresponsible for a parent to have it, IMO. But, whether this baby stole her cookies, her heroin, or her nicest package of weave–baby would have been a punching bag. The fact is that pot doesn’t turn people into child abusers or violent offenders. She was already that way.

I hope she’s punished to the fullest extent of the law, but I think its a reach to say that her behavior was driven by pot. Just my opinion.

1. Anonymous says:

Can I get an AMEN?

3. Deena says:

That’s one pissed off looking bitch up there!

1. Muggle says:

She’s pissed because she can’t get her buzz.  She probably thinks she’s being ‘persecuted’ by ‘the Man’ for smoking the wacky shit and ‘disciplining’ her child.  Cunt.

2. Clevo says:

She looks like she hasn’t got the brains “God gave a goose” as my Mum used to say.

4. Split Second Blur says:

Man, Bangladesh sofa just about made me shit myself. Fucking classic.

1. Danielle says:

Bangladesh Sofa made me fucking snort up my diet coke.

5. Gcsgal09 says:

lmaoooo, now I see where the talent on this site comes from! Always awesome write-up as always!

6. Nicole says:

For once the couch really did do it!

1. April says:

What are the chances of that?

2. Clevo says:

HAhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! OMG! ROTFLOL!

7. Angies4kids says:

I have to agree with some of the posts, I don’t necessarily believe it was the “weed” that was the problem, she was the problem and the baby caught the wrath of her instability.  I can understand popping, spanking or whooping (depending on your culture) a child for getting into something that is dangerous (cigarettes, hot stove, electrical outlet, running in the street, etc) but LAWD have mercy was it really that serious for her to not only beat the baby but also some other adult trying to get her to stop beating the baby?  What the fuck is wrong with these people?

1. Anonymous says:

I agree that spanking can be an acceptable form of punishment, especially in the situations you mentioned…

But a 1 year old? Child development experts say that a child doesn’t understand the logic of discipline (if you do “this” you will get “this”) until at least 18 months. My 20 month old is a spitfire… tantrums, hitting, gets into everything, the whole shebang, but when I look at her, I see a baby. No one should ever hit a baby.

I think she was just an evil bitch.

8. CynicalMe says:

I don’t normally condone a man hitting a woman but that man should have beaten that bitch down!!!

1. Clevo says:

More than that. If she’d hit me with a barbell I’d have twisted her tits off!

9. Sorry all but as long as weed as illegal it is irresponsible to have it while you have kids.

Argue all you want on why it should be legal but it doesn’t change the fact that it isn’t. So as long as it is against the law you are putting your child in harm’s way.

1. Anonymous says:

Not necessarily, as long as proper precautions are taken.  And even so, that’s the result of it being illegal, not the substance itself.

1. Jenny R. says:

I think what trench is getting at (correct me if I’m wrong) goes far beyond the physiological effect it may or may not have. It’s that, if you partake of an illegal act/substance and get caught–always a possibility–you will face jail time and CPS intervention. Sadly, there are so many awful foster homes out there that everyone knows the dangers a broken system poses. It’s a real gamble and roll of the die. Why risk it?

Even if you are otherwise stellar parent, Risking putting your kids in foster care is to put those children in danger.

10. Sorry all but as long as weed as illegal it is irresponsible to have it while you have kids.

11. Sorry all but as long as weed as illegal it is irresponsible to have it while you have kids.

12. Anonymous says:

She is really weird …..
    very strange behavior i even seen……..
    Garden Furniture

13. Sleepyo says:

The pot did not do anything to this child, the low life breeder did this.  I feel strange calling her a mother because no real mother would do this, this child was beat for anything,  she didn’t just blow up over the pot she was rased in the enviorment she was creating for this poor kid.

1. But the fact that she had pot around her kid makes her a bad breeder.

—– Original message —–

1. Anonymous says:

Again, not if proper precautions were taken.  But the kid was left unattended and had extremely easy access to it, so in this case you are at least somewhat right.

2. Anonymous says:

Amen.  Nor did the article say she was high when she did the deed either.  Had it been a pack of cigarettes/cigars/loose tobacco instead of a bag of weed, she probably would have done the very same thing.  Only the poor kid probably wouldn’t have lived to tell about it since he/she would have ingested a fatal or near-fatal dose of nicotine from eating just one cigarette.

Anyway, I hope that lowlife parasite gets locked up.

14. Tj8898t says:

This scum has 5 kids….. And probably on the way to having many more…
    She was interviewed by our local daily newspaper this week for yet another crime involving a 3 y/o that was shot in the kneecap….

15. Digchild says:

Oh what a worthless POS

16. baby says:

I don’t think that mother would have done this. I can’t imagine. Are you sure that This situation going to be happen?