Shakara Dickens

Shakara Dickens

Mother who killed her baby: ‘I put my hands over her nose and mouth’:

I originally posted about Shakara Dickens here. She was the Memphis Breeder who, in the vein of a certain Florida trailer trash attention whore, reported her daughter missing when in reality 9-month-old Lauryn Dickens was dead. Back in March Dickens was convicted of Lauryn’s murder. This past week at her sentencing hearing she admitted to every detail.

She said that she was frustrated that she couldn’t find a baby sitter and started crying. Then Lauryn started crying. Instead of comforting her which is what most normal mothers do she put her hand over Lauryn’s nose and mouth until she passed out. She removed her hand and Lauryn started crying again and Dickens continued to suffocate her.

When Lauryn was dead Dickens put her body in a trash bag and threw it in a dumpster two apartment complexes away. She didn’t go back to the dumpster but watched as the dumpster was emptied.

It looks like she’s only going to get 19 years and time served.

I guess we’re supposed to feel sorry for her since she came clean at sentencing. Not on your life sister. At any time you had the chance to either stop what you were doing before Lauryn died or at least told police where she was before she was dumped into a Memphis landfill. Instead you handed the police a lot of bullshit and had your family run interference for you.

I’m glad that you got that off your conscience but it’s too little too late.

13 thoughts on “Shakara Dickens admits to killing her daughter during sentencing hearing

1. Your_Pal_Nancy says:

Good god, that is just chilling to think of her standing there watching her baby be emptied into a dump truck. What a fuckin freak.

2. Risskia says:

This is one of those “I simply cannot imagine” stories.  It happens over and over – these XX mutants use their own hands to kill their children.

It’s not that I don’t have the imaginative capacity – it’s that my brain totally SHUTS DOWN if I so much as start thinking about trying to imagine doing something like this to my child.   It’s that repulsive.    But, apparently, to our justice system, it is only 19 years repulsive.   What if she has suffocated a 19 year old instead of a 9 month old?

Ugh.  Why we don’t just kill these reprobates is confusing to me.

3. Anne says:

It takes a special breed of antisocial personality to be able to murder your own child and then pretend you don’t know what happened to it.  It also helps, I’m very sorry to say, if you’re white and have money, like you-know-who or Mr. and Mrs. yeah-I-mean-them.  But, well, you gave it a shot.

1. Thumbs up for not mentioning the you know whos by name.

4. Lavonna says:

She should be done the same way she did her child. I will never understand how a person doesn’t reach that stopping point 😦 R.I.P Lauryn

5. Danielle says:

This story infuriates me — poor little girl for being killed for being a child, her only “crime”.

I also can’t miss the opportunity to call out Shakara’s classy neck tattoo.

6. Liz says:

I see. Casey Anthony murders her baby so she can party and gets off with a slap on the wrist. This one gets nearly two decades. Not nearly enough! She should be in for life! But come on. Check it out. White party momma is gonna be on the circuit in no time.

No. Something is way off. These two need to be life long cell mates. They could compare sob stories.

1. Badger says:

That’s the prosecutor’s fault.  If he’d gone for a lesser charge she’d be rotting away in jail with the maximum sentence.  Casey Anthony is a dirtbag, but that isn’t enough to convict you.  PBS Frontline did a really interesting documentary that you can watch on their website (I forget the exact name, but ‘CSI’ is in the title), and it goes into some of the ways the prosecution botched the trial.

7. Your_Pal_Nancy says:

Her face just pisses me off like “what? You’re cuttin’ into my party time now that I don’t have a kid to worry about”

8. Jessie says:

In one of the news links, the “mother” says she started crying because she wanted to go out and party but couldn’t get anyone to watch her baby. Little baby girl sees mama crying, and starts crying too.

So… let me get this straight.  Baby girl was sympathy crying with her mom. Mom kills her baby for being a caring, sympathetic human. WTF?

What a selfish, selfish waste.

And then WATCHING the garbage truck dump her baby like common trash 3 days later… Excuse me while I go hug my children.

9. Gransha says:

SHADES OF CASEY ANTHONY???

10. Fire_Kitty says:

Yeah she looks like she really gives a fuck about what she did. She is pure evil I mean how can you murder your child then toss the body into a dumpster. How did she sleep knowing her child was dead and the body was mere yards away for 3 days. If she was smart or had at least 2 brain cells bouncing around under that rat nest of a hair do she could of prevented all of  this by:
    1. Using a condom/ birth control
    2. Adoption

Now a beautiful little girl is gone because the mother wanted to go off whoring around.
    Stupid bitch hope she gets her ass kicked everyday. RIP Little One.