The Damien Echols Exoneration Task Force is still working on Operation: Spaghetti. They’re still throwing everything they can think of to try to get something to stick to Terry Hobbs. Now they’re trying to get the details about Crime Stoppers tips they say implicate Hobbs. The thing is they’re not talking about tips from 1993, they’re talking about recent tips. I’m sure that none of those tips were called in by any number of the fanatical supporters of Echols and the other two or anyone who may or may not be on the dole with Team Echols.
They’ve also been dealt a blow into the credibility of their supposed witnesses who say that Terry Hobbs confessed to killing Stevie Branch, Michael Moore, and Christopher Byers. The two morons who supposed passed polygraphs who claim that Hobbs’ nephew told them that Hobbs confessed to him, which if I understand it correctly is hearsay. Anyway those two have been arrested on felony drug dealing. I would have to imagine it was meth.
Again this goes to show that the WM3 team is willing to put anyone in jail that suits their purposes. As I’ve mentioned before the first two Paradise Lost movies heavily supposed that Mark Byers was the ‘real killer’. Now that the so-called DNA evidence belongs to Terry Hobbs they’re doing all they can in their power, while defying logic at the same time, to try to put Hobbs behind bars for a crime that he did not commit.
How ironic is it that they’re basically conducting a witch hunt against an innocent man for a crime he didn’t commit?
Police in Downey, California say that 30-year-old ex-con Jade Douglas Harris shot and killed 3 people last Wednesday after responding to a craigslist ad for a used Camaro. The ad led Harris to a business where he allegedly shot and killed Josimar Rojas, 26 and Irene Cardenas Reyes, 35. He then took Susana Perez Ruelas, 34, and her 13-year-old son hostage and forced them to take him to the Camaro. Once there he shot the both of them killing Ruelas and wounding her son.
Harris was previously jailed on charges of robbery, attempted robbery and carrying a concealed weapon and is said to be a known member of the Crips. He is currently being held without bail and could be facing the death penalty.
It doesn’t matter which side of the craigslist ad you may be on. Ultimately Harris is responsible for this horrific tragedy but more and more it seems by using craigslist you are taking your life into your hands no matter how innocuous the item for sale is.
21-year-old Samuel Ferraro of Philadelphia has been arrested recently and accused of repeatedly raping a 17-year-old girl and turning her out on Backp…wait. Is that right? It seems that it is. Ferraro is accused of turning the girl out for prostitution on craigslist.
Ferraro allegedly took the girl to Minnesota where he forced her to be raped by other men while he collected the money. He’s also accused of repeatedly raping the girl and threatening her with violence if she didn’t work for her.
Investigators are concerned there may be more victims, and anyone with information on Ferraro should contact the District Attorney’s Office at 215-686-5874.
Ferraro is currently being held without bail.
But let’s back up for a second. Didn’t craigslist do away with the erotic/adult services section some time ago. Yet there’s still human trafficking occurring on their site. I’m shocked. And by shocked I mean not shocked at all. All the more reason why craigslist needs to monitor and moderate their own site. The community policing did nothing to prevent the repeated rapes of this 17-year-old girl yet the media is till giving craigslist a pass. I guess it only takes grand gestures to stop sex trafficking, or at least it seems that’s what the media thinks.
Two years ago a then 14-year-old Christian Helms walked into Socastee High School in South Carolina with a gun and some pipe bombs. A shot was fired in an ensuing scuffle with the school’s resource officer Erik Karney. Luckily neither Karney nor anyone else was struck by the bullet before Helms was subdued. Helms was tried as an adult and was sentenced to six years after entering an Alford plea.
Now this article comes out in the local media where some reporter once again tries to shove the bullying myth down our throat. As an aside when I say bullying myth I don’t mean that bullying is a myth. No one knows its reality better than me. I suffered concussions, a separated shoulder and broken bones in my youth due to bullying. What I mean by the bullying myth is that Helms and other shooters were driven to their crime by bullying.
Back to the matter at hand. In this article Helms parents squarely place the blame on bullying for Helms’ actions and again I have to ask oh really? So it had nothing to do with his obsession with guns and bombs? Or nothing to do with his Columbine obsession? Let’s also not forget that while in juvie lock up Helms was trying to collect press clippings about himself. Other reports also state that Helms had lots of friends and was well liked. And what about the fact that one of the kids on Helms’ hit list had a cleft palate and was probably more bullied in one day than Helms was his whole life.
This had nothing to do with bullying. This is a media inspired lie that Helms parents are telling themselves so they don’t feel responsible.
While we were on hiatus some news came about the Sheen-Cow herself, Elisa Baker. For those of you who may not remember Baker pleaded guilty to the murder of her step-daughter Zahra Baker. Zahra’s dismembered remains were found in the North Carolina woods while Baker tried to make it look like an abduction. Some parts of Zahra were never found. Baker only received 15 years for her plea deal.
Back in January Baker pleaded guilty to prescription drug charges. According to a news channel local to me that sentence could be handed down this coming January. For those charges she’s looking at 20 years. More time than she got for killing the step-daughter that loved her unquestionably.
This comes straight from the ‘You’ve Got to Be Kidding Me’ department. It’s not bad enough that Justin Adams has been released on bail but this past week a judge in Oklahoma has ordered that his ankle monitor be removed.
If you’re wondering why I think that’s a big deal it’s because Adams is accused in the brutal stabbing and blunt force trauma murder of his wife, Jaymie Adams. There’s more to the story than just that though.
52-year-old Mark Doncic of Castle Shannon, Pennsylvania worked for an IT company in the Pittsburgh area. You would think that someone who worked for an IT company would be smart enough to know that his web habits at work would be monitored. Not him apparently.
Docnic has been arrested for allegedly having sex, again child rape, with a 15-year-old boy that he met on craigslist.
Docnic’s employer is the one who not only contacted law enforcement but they went straight to the FBI and provided them with only God knows how much incriminating information. The FBI says they also corroborated that information by analyzing the victim’s phone.
Parents, again if you haven’t figured it out by now, your kids have no business being in craigslist at any time. You never know when they may become the rape victim of a creepy IT guy.
Future career criminal Jared Cano, 18, has pleaded no contest to plotting to blow up Freedom High School in Tampa, Florida. A then 17-year-old Cano was arrested in August of 2011 when police were tipped off by another kid. Cano was found to be in possession of bomb making materials. Police were already aware of Cano since he had previous run ins with the law for such things as possession of a firearm, drug possession, burglary and altering the serial numbers of a firearm. So this is no wayward teen we’re talking about.
A no contest plea means that he doesn’t plead guilty but believes that the prosecution has enough evidence to convict him. Cano was charged as an adult and faces sentencing in December.
Cano is only looking at a year according to his defense attorney and since he’s already spent more than a year in jail he’ll probably get time served.
He’ll be back. The only question is when and how many victims will he have.
33-year-old Paul Kleinman of Jersey City, New Jersey has been charged with allegedly sending explicit photos of himself to a 15-year-old girl that he met on MeetMe. He’s also accused of soliciting the girl for sex, or as I call it, child rape.
At least Kleinman kept his delusions more realistic as he posed as a 26-year-old on MeetMe as opposed to the 18-year-olds that most mid-30s MeetMe perverts pose as.
Kleinman is being held on $100K bail and the investigation is still ongoing.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Det. Paul Han at 908-965-3809 or Sgt. Ted Dima at 908-245-2300.