Without truth there is no justice

Harper and Larson

DSS supervisor, ER nurse charged in abuse of boy, 11:

NC child found handcuffed to porch with dead chicken around his neck:

I’ve lived in North Carolina for roughly about 15 years now. I love living in the south. The people are friendlier, it doesn’t snow as much, the cost of living is cheaper, etc. I often find myself defending the south against the stereotypes that it’s filled with ignorant rednecks. This story makes it hard for me to do that. Granted this story could have happened in any state but it didn’t. It happened in mine.

Yesterday 57-year-olds Dorian Lee Harper and Wanda Sue Larson of Union County, North Carolina were arrested after an 11-year-old boy was found on their property handcuffed to the porch by his ankle with a dead chicken tied around his neck. Sadly there’s way too much to this story than just that.

First off police were first summoned to the property on a call of a loose pig. That’s not a euphemism for anything. Apparently the suspects had animals on their property that according to one neighbor ranged from pigs to llamas. That’s when the officer found the boy shackled to the porch with the aforementioned dead chicken tied around his neck. While the officer was looking for answers a man came out of the house and so did another child who unwittingly released the dogs that were in the house who went straight after the officer. The officer retreated to the safety of his patrol car. The man in question allegedly unchained the boy and took the chicken from off of his neck.

It turns out that the 11-year-old boy was a foster child. Four other children were removed from the home. Their ages run from 8 to 14 and are said to have been adopted by the couple. Now for the rotten cherry on top of this trailer trash sundae. Not only is Harper an emergency room nurse at the local hospital Larson is a DSS Supervisor. That’s right kids, she works for the government agency that takes away other people’s kids.

While the articles haven’t specifically mentioned any motives I think it’s obvious what the motive is here. Good old-fashioned greed. If she works for the DSS she may have knowledge of certain financial incentives that the government may give to foster or adoptive families. With him being an ER nurse he may have intimate knowledge on how to inflict punishment on a child without leaving visible marks. All speculation on my part but it does make a certain kind of sense doesn’t it.

What I really want to know is why did the boy have a dead chicken tied around his neck. The thing that keeps coming back to my mind is The Rime of the Ancient Mariner by Samuel Taylor Coleridge. (Later retold by Iron Maiden) In that poem the Mariner is forced to wear an albatross around his neck after he kills it because his shipmates view the bird as a sign of good luck. Did this kid kill their lucky chicken? I may be on to something with that because I just found a message board from people who raise their own chickens who said back in the ‘old days’ if a dog killed one of their chickens they’d tie the dead chicken around the dog’s neck to not only discipline it but to make the dog fear the chickens.

My lovely and talented wife also brought up a good point. While Larson is stewing in Union County lock up how many of her cellies do you think had kids taken away by DSS?

Thanks to Lucy and Risskia for the tip.

UPDATE: One of my Facebook friends suggested that this is their way of calling the boy a coward.

40 thoughts on “NC Breeders handcuff kid to fence, tie dead chicken around his neck

1. Aussie Sabbath says:

Or maybe it’s the Queen chicken and they’re trying get the other chickens to swarm around him like a live chicken suit.
    These people need to be used as blooding bait for greyhounds.

2. Lucy says:

The kid was cuffed by his ankle, leaving his hands free. Which means his hands were free to take the chicken off, but he didn’t do so. So what the hell else was going on in that house that sitting there with a dead chicken around his neck was a better choice than the punishment he would get for removing it? I’m thinking the dead chicken necklace is the tip of a very sick, fucked up iceberg.

3. SAVE THE U.S. says:

A LOT of foster care people do it strictly for the money ($600+ per child per month) and do not care about the kids whatsoever.

6 kids x $600 = $3600 per month and they use VERY LITTLE of this money to provide for the kids.

I’ve seen foster care people with luxury cars, mansions, swimming pools all gotten with the taxpayers money.

And as soon as the kids turn 18, they kick them out whether they have a place to go or not. That’s how much they care.

1. risskia says:

Those foster parents who do it properly, however, know that $600 is not nearly enough to nurture these fragile and broken children and usually spend all the stipend plus a chunk of their own change to make sure the child does as well as possible. The question is, how can foster agencies know who is who BEFORE they sacrifice children to perversions of nature like these asstw*ts…

1. You would think that someone would come out to look at the conditions at the residence. But of you happen to have an in at the DSS maybe that can be ignored.

1. risskia says:

I wanted to foster before I found out that my own child has some high intensity special needs. I went through the MAPP classes AND someone came out to my home. But even if I were an evil person, I could have pretended to be delightful and pro-child for those short classes and the home inspection. I’m upper-lower class (read: poor but not in poverty), so my house doesn’t look perfect. These people were both high level professionals and would have been making 6 figures with their salaries combined.
          I dunno… evil is often covert…

2. Minerva says:

I believe you go to a class for a weekend, then they do a home inspection and interview then you are ” cleared” to foster. The problem with that is it is a one time thing. It’s just like a drug user knowing they will have a court appointed drug test weeks in advance. Of course they will piss clean that once, they had time to prepare and know once it is done they won’t be hassled anymore.

Once you pass the one time seminar then you are free to get as many kids as yôu want and there are usually little to no follow up.

1. risskia says:

4 to 8 weekends.

2. Skye Belle Matilda Brand says:

Exactly! My in-laws fostered twin girls (Dad in gaol for armed robbery & Mum, well, who knows where she is) & they spend so much more than what they were paid! Happily they now have full custody & the girls are settled & in school & have an amazing life full of love & security & fun & structure. No drugs, no crime, no frightening middle of the night visits by the police…

2. Aussie Sabbath says:

I agree. It doesn’t happen only in the US. I have heard of foster parents here in Australia deliberately flouting foster conditions (such as working fulltime and being unavailable for issues). Barnados even advertise in the job section of the local paper! Of course someone greedy is going to see the $600 a month and try to take on as many kids as possible!
      I think instead of IVF, people should foster then adopt children. Sort of like a rent to buy thing.

1. Skye Belle Matilda Brand says:

I used to work in child care & there was this one woman who only fostered kids with special needs. She got extra money for them but ALL the money in that house went into her horses. There was no end to the new horse equipment she had. The car was never more than 5 years old & was always something like a Land Cruiser or a Pajero. They had several horse floats. Yet the kids were always dirty, their clothes were always too big or too small because they were what she got for free from local charities & at one stage (winter of course) the kids had no shoes for almost a week because she couldn’t afford it.

I lost count of the number of times we reported them to DoCS but nothing ever came of it because if someone is willing to foster a bunch of hard to place special needs kids then you don’t offend her by investigating allegations of neglect!

1. Aussie Sabbath says:

Horse equipment isn’t cheap either. My friend just finished paying off a brand new saddle at a cool $3500.
          It’s disgusting what can go on, but I guess DoCS think that as long as the kids have a home (no matter how crappy), it’s fine 😦

4. UC resident says:

Contact UC DSS director Rae Alepa and demand a full investigation into how this “woman” was allowed to be employed by DSS, let alone adopt or provide foster care for children. My guess is quite a few heads must roll at DSS.

1. Thank you. I’ll have that posted in the entry as well.

2. Also a uc resident says:

The child were not adopted or fostered thought union county DSS. They came from another county/agency. As far as how she was employees by union county I would imagine they had no clue what was going on in her home, as most employers.

5. Benighted says:

Of course to complete the story, ideally the chicken would turn out to be some kind of Satanic sacrifice.

1. Lucy says:

When the story first broke, before pictures, I was thinking it was some sort of voodoo thing. Sort of a “pray the gay away, Haitian style” or something. But they don’t look very Haitian, do they?

6. rio says:

just throwing this out there but when i was a kid i was bullied by my older brothers who WOULD find dead things and toss them on me…is it possible it could have been one of the other children? i have no idea how the other kids are treated but that…to me could have easily been the other kids…i had some twisted kids in my family circle. including one incident with a cousin that tied another cousin to a tree with a steak so the dog would play with him -.- he got in trouble of course but it still happened

1. Aussie Sabbath says:

Nup, it would still be up to the parents to stop it.

2. cares_about_NM says:

doubt it and the house was a hoarder pig sty with fecal matter and trash everywhere….and the children were malnourished and showed signs of obvious neglect…

7. dennis says:

Hungry dogs , of which they had plenty start fighting over the chicken. Dead kid. Collect insurance. Get new kid. Good profit.

1. Joe Average-Mann says:

You’ve hit it on the head. I wouldn’t be surprised if they had life insurance on the kid.

8. CA Girl says:

Ugly fat women named Wanda Sue are never nice to children

1. Aussie Sabbath says:

Whenever I hear the name “Wanda”, I always picture a morbidly obese middle aged woman.

1. Skye Belle Matilda Brand says:

I can only think of that song…Marianne & Wanda were the best of friends, all through their high school days…

9. Joe Average-Mann says:

We need to install some sort of program to stop the breeding of these kids in the first place. Nip it in the bud. Obamasites are the ones having all of these kids that end up in foster care. They are over-sexed, have no shame, and very little morals (if any).

These baby-hatchery inner-city women just pop out the babies by the dozens so that they can live for free off of the benefits. Some give them up and they end up in foster care.

They can’t afford to raise a single child, yet they have 8 of them by 8 different feral drug dealers from their “hood.”

Start make them do community service for their benefits (1 hour per $10 received) and they might stop having so many kids if they have to actually do something in thanks for all that free money.

Limit them to two mistakes (kids) before they start serving jail time. Yes — put them in jail. They are parasites on the Country.

Something has to be done. Why do the responsible people have 2-3 kids (or the number they can afford) and the scum have a dozen?

1. risskia says:

Despite you being a troll, I have to say: source and stats or it didn’t happen. Prove that “Obamasites” are “the ones having all these kids that end up in foster care.”
      Otherwise you’re just spewing political hatred and anti-human rights garbage.

1. Joe Average-Mann says:

73% of black women have illegitimate kids.
        90% of them will be on welfare

Not much of a stretch, if you use logic and common sense, to figure out that most of the foster kids will come from these welfare-4-life scum.

Of course, Democrats & Obamasites don’t like to use logic or common sense.

All they do is whine and complaine and hold their hands out for more free stuff from the middle class and rich taxpayers.

1. risskia says:

Need the source for your numbers. They don’t match IRS or DHHS numbers.

2. How hard was it for you not to type the word ‘nigger’?

1. risskia says:

Trench, kinda lovin’ you right now.

10. Lucy says:

It’s worse than it first seemed, if that’s possible. No running water, holes in the walls, shit all over the place, starving kids begging around the neighborhood for food. The kid on the porch was often cuffed at night to a three foot piece of railroad (?) and the kids slept on piles of blankets on the floor. The floor with all the shit, that would be. Bonus pic of the dead chicken in the link.

11. cares_about_NM says:

I am so sickened by this, CPS is nothing but a joke and the entire department needs to be completely reformed across this nation!! WHY are we allowing innocent children to be abused!!! charge them with felony child abuse right NOW and this woman worked for CPS. I bet they have been abusing children for years!!! I want to handcuff them to post and let a crowd of people rip them apart piece by piece….and why didn’t the neighbors do ANYTHING???? my god wake up america!!!

1. It seems that the suspects lived far down the end of the road from the neighbors and weren’t exactly social in the neighborhood.

1. cares_about_NM says:

I read on another news source that this summer the youngest one went running up the street, panicking, and begged a neighbor for food, but the other kids from the house of horrors came and got him…why didn’t this neighbor call police right then and there?

12. Sassafras says:

What a bunch of sickos! I hope these children get the help they need. I find it appalling how some people abuse the foster care system by using the money intended to care for the children on themselves.

13. Skye Belle Matilda Brand says:

I grew up on a farm. If one of the dogs got to a chook & killed it the dead animal was thrown on top of the kennel to rot & stink & hopefully teach the dog not to do it again because a second offense meant death for the dog. (I’m not saying it’s a good practice but it seemed to work)…anyway, maybe these farm folk were teaching him a lesson for killing it or maybe it was punishment for something else…maybe they’re just freaks who enjoy torturing children? Who knows. Either way, they deserve a red hot fire poker shoved up their arses & acid sprayed in their eyes.

1. Sassafras says:

They should also have to sleep on a floor covered in animal shit and have to wear rotting carcasses around their necks.