Abuse complaints preceded Del City childrens fire deaths,DHC says
Del City couple arrested on charges in fire deaths
Parents arrested and charged in death of 3 children
Where, oh where do I begin with this one? Three children all under the age of 5-years-old lost their lives in a RV fire on January 4th, after their mother Stephanie Mae Dunham (25) left them alone and locked the door from the outside trapping them inside. Yes, you read that right this was an RV, not a trailer home, it was inoperable, parked behind her mother-in-laws house and used extension cords for electricity. A space heater left plugged in and unattended on the front passenger seat is believed to be what caused the fire.
Yes, if you hadn’t guessed mommy is a meth head, and tested positive for being under the influence at the time she left the children… oh yeah and she is five months pregnant. Nice! Ladies and Gentlemen we have before us a real class act. The children Christopher Jr. (4), Crystal (3) and Kailey (1) died from smoke inhalation and thermal burns. The father Christopher Dunham (25) was at work when the fire broke out, but daddy is no angel. I’ll get into that more in a minute.
This family has a history with DHS and the police, with no less than 30 reported visits from the police since 2002 ranging from domestic disturbances to suicide attempts and 5 total calls to DHS since 2008 regarding suspected abuse of the children. Of course the police are not commenting and DHS is blaming them, so begins the blame game. In my opinion both of these entities sworn to protect and serve FAILED, had they done their jobs properly those three babies would be alive today. I won’t even get into my questions as to why these babies’ grandmother allowed them to live, not only with two drug addicts suspected of abuse and in a violent relationship, but in a freakin inoperable RV BEHIND her house. I mean I can tell you this my mother-in-law, would never stand for that. I may not always see eye to eye with her but she loves my kids and would never allow them to be in an unsafe environment, regardless of whether I liked it or not, never mind my sisters and family.
How about, for shits and giggles, we take a look at the history these two pieces of trash had with DHS. Ready for it? Here we go.
– Sept. 17, 2010, daddy is accused of sexually abusing their 3-year-old daughter, after the investigation a finding of “unsubstantiated-services recommended” was made and there were NO additional safety concerns.
– June 25, 2010, a complaint that the children are being exposed to domestic violence. The complaint screened out due to no specific act of domestic violence, abuse or neglect was sited.
– Nov. 13, 2009, a complaint that the children are being left with an inappropriate caregiver. Sex Offender?? Mom denied the allegations, DHS reports the children are healthy and recommends an adult while in the home of the “questionable” caregiver supervises them.
– Oct. 13, 2009, complaint that mommy is using drugs in the presence of the children, there was physical violence between the parents in front of the children, mom struck Crystal and caused injury. DHS investigated, mom denied drug use and witnesses attested to that but expressed concern regarding dad’s temper. The findings “unsubstantiated-services recommended”
– April 17, 2008, complaint Christopher Jr. has been abused by his father and had a knot on his head as a result of being pushed down.
It seems there is a lot of “there was no proof”, but what there is proof of is a freakin RV as home, with no running water and/or electricity. It seems to me that would be enough, I dunno, I’m not a trained professional.
Both of these winners were arrested on February 11th, they both face three felony counts of child neglect and a misdemeanor count of possession of drug paraphernalia. They both have bail set at $30,500.
These two fuckwads collected about $20,000 from sympathetic donors before the allegations of drug use surfaced. That makes me sick!
R.I.P. Christopher, Crystal and Kailey