Gun nut sends death threats to mother of Parkland survivor

Gun nut sends death threats to mother of Parkland survivor

Warren Stanley Bond

I’m trying to swear less on the site because I want to be more reader-friendly, but what the fuck is wrong with people? For example, take sour pus up there. His name is Warren Stanley Bond, a 78-year-old ‘man’ from Sunrise, Florida. He’s accused of allegedly sending threatening letters to the mother of David Hogg. If you’re not familiar with David Hogg, he attended Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School and was present for the school shooting that took place there. In the months since the shooting Hogg has become a very prominent and vocal gun control advocate. But back to Mr. Bond.

Instead of ranting on Facebook like most crotchety men do, Bond went super old school and mailed a letter. The letter wasn’t sent to David Hogg but instead sent to David Hogg’s mother.

The letter, addressed to Rebecca Boldrick, arrived in the mail on the late afternoon of June 25. It had no return address and “contained a single sentence in large, bold, typed letters,” according to a court document.

“Keep F—— with the NRA and you will be DOA,” it said.

No polite discourse here.

Bond owned a gun that was taken by federal investigators. As someone once said, play stupid games win stupid prizes.

But that wasn’t the only letter he sent. Bond also reportedly sent a letter to the Democratic Party of Broward County in which he claimed support for Cesar Sayoc, the man accused of sending mail bombs to several prominent Democrats.

Investigators checked with the Democratic Party in Broward and confirmed that the organization received a letter dated Oct. 26, which was signed by Bond. The letter read: “I salute the decisions of Mr. Cesar Sayoc. I will contribute to his defense in any way possible. I wish he had been more successful.”

So this angry old man who owned a gun only lived 20 minutes from Parkland. Could you imagine if he had decided to take out his anger on David Hogg’s mother violently? If you think the government is out to get your guns now just imagine if that had happened.

Now tell me that there shouldn’t be more stringent background checks and psych exams for gun permits.

(Sources)
Miami Herald
Sun Sentinel

MISSING: Jayme Closs

MISSING: Jayme Closs

I normally don’t do missing person stories. I usually leave them for the armchair sleuths of the internet. I am no sleuth, but if I can help get the word out even a little bit, then I do what I can.

Back in October, someone entered the home of 13-year-old Jayme Closs in Barron, Wisconsin. In just four minutes Jayme’s parents, James, and Denise Closs, were shot to death and Jayme had been kidnapped. She has been missing ever since.

The FBI is offering a $25,000 reward for information leading to the whereabouts of Jayme Closs.

If you have any information regarding the whereabouts of Jayme Closs, or if you have had contact with Closs, please contact the Barron County Sheriff’s Office tip line at 1-855-744-3879. You may also contact your local FBI office, or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate. Submit an anonymous Tip online

I have no great insight to give on this case. By most reports, all leads have been pursued and have come up empty. The only thing I can offer is that if the person or persons responsible for this heinous crime have left the state of Wisconsin, they will more than likely be eligible for the federal death penalty since murder committed during a kidnapping is a capital crime. However, Wisconsin itself does not have the death penalty.

Like everyone else, I hope and pray that Jayme is still alive and will be found safely.

Thanks to Debi for the tip.

(Sources)
Post Crescent
Daily Mail

***

If you or someone you know lives in a small town or neighborhood and knows of a crime that you think deserves more attention than it’s getting, please contact me.

Omegle man brought a dog collar to a 15-year-old’s house

Omegle man brought a dog collar to a 15-year-old's house

Robert Alexander Kusma

33-year-old Robert Alexander Kusma of Scranton, Pennsylvania, was recently arrested for allegedly molesting a 15-year-old girl he met over Omegle. If you’re unfamiliar with Omegle, it’s a website, not an app, that encourages strangers to talk to each other. There is no age verification on Omegle and while their terms of service state you must be 13 to use the site, anyone with an internet connection and a camera can use it.

Kusna is said to have taken a full stockpile of bondage gear to his victim’s house including, but not limited to, whips, ropes, and a dog collar. He is even said to have used the dog collar on the girl after previously telling her…

…”that he was her master and he was in charge of her and was training her,”

You know, if you’re into the whole BDSM thing more power to you, but don’t push your fetishes onto a 15-year-old girl who can’t legally consent. I wouldn’t be surprised if this assclown was one of those guys who give fedoras a bad name and spend way too much time on Reddit.

To the parents out there, again, Omegle is not an app but a website which means if you’re going to look for it on your kids’ devices you need to do so in the web browser’s history. Since Omegle isn’t an app it tends to fly under the radar of parents and the media, however, it’s been a popular site among predators for years. You really want to keep an eye for Omegle since I imagine you don’t want some filthy lowlife dog-leashing your daughter.

 

Facebook hammer killer resentenced

Facebook hammer killer resentenced

Tyler Hadley

In 2011, a then 17-year-old Tyler Hadley of Port St. Lucie, Florida, killed both of his parents with a claw hammer before dragging their bodies to their bedroom. While the bodies of  Mary Jo and Blake Hadley remained in the bedroom, Tyler Hadley threw a party for all of his Facebook friends. He even showed one of his friends the corpses of his murdered parents.

While in prison he gave out autographs to other prisoners signed ‘Hammer Time’ Hadley was charged as an adult and pleaded no contest to their murders. Subsequently, he was sentenced to two consecutive life sentences. However, his sentence was thrown out after the Supreme Court ruled that minors couldn’t be sentenced to mandatory life sentences without the possibility of parole.

Last week a new sentence was handed down for Hadley and it was a lesser sentence, however, it may be unlikely Hadley would ever be a free man. The sentence he received this time was two concurrent life sentences.

The judge presiding over the sentencing had this to say…

“The defendant displayed perverse premeditation, heartless cruelty and savagery, extreme violence, a willingness to mutilate and absolute depravity,” the judge declared. “Considering the victims were blood relatives and were killed up close and personally with a handheld tool, it’s obvious the defendant was fueled by a long, simmering, passionate hatred toward those who loved him the most.”

I’m satisfied that Hadley received two life sentences although I would have preferred them to be served consecutively again. It was also good to see a maniac like this put away for life despite the best efforts of the Supreme Court. Personally, I have no problem with minors being sentenced to LWOP for certain offenses like premeditated murder. If a teenager doesn’t understand that murder is not only illegal but inherently wrong then they’re too stupid to be among the rest of us anyway.

Backpage CEO has sentencing delayed

Backpage CEO has sentencing delayed

Backpage CEO Carl Ferrer

If you’ll recall, earlier this year, the Federal Government seized Backpage.com for knowingly taking an active role in the alleged human trafficking of the girls and women posted to their adult ads section and money laundering. The company was also accused of changing the wording in ads submitted to them to make the prostitution ads seem less criminal. Backpage founders Michael Lacey and Jim Larkin were indicted on over 90 charges after former Backpage CEO Carl Ferrer pleaded guilty to prostitution and money laundering charges. Ferrer received a plea deal after agreeing to testify against Larkin and Lacey. Ferrer was supposed to be sentenced next month, but his sentencing date has now been pushed back.

Carl Ferrer was set to be sentenced on January 17th, but he seems to have received a Christmas present from federal prosecutors as the date has been pushed back to July. It’s unclear why the change of date was made, however, a US District Court judge agreed to the request. Lacey and Larkin are not set to go to trial until 2020 so the federal prosecutors are definitely not waiting until after their trials before Ferrer’s sentencing. If I had to hazard a guess, I’d say this sounds more like there’s been some new development in the case. Whether or not this affects Ferrer or Lacey and Larkin remains to be seen, but it does seem like we’ll be waiting for the proverbial other shoe to drop.

Ferrer is looking at a possible sentence of five years in prison or a $250,000 fine. Even though he’s agreed to work with the government both of those sentences seem paltry in comparison to the lives he, Lacey, and Larkin have destroyed. While a five-year stretch in prison might be a modicum of justice, Ferrer could probably raise the fine money in a matter of moments. However, some seem to think that Ferrer was set up to be the fall guy which if that is the case has severely backfired on Larkin and Lacey so far. If there will be any consolation in this process, hopefully, it will be at least Larkin and Lacey going away for decades-long sentences.

Columbiner tried to blow up Ohio bar

Columbiner tried to blow up Ohio bar

Elizabeth Lecron

To be generous, this woman being a columbiner is the least of her problems but the label fits nonetheless.

23-year-old Elizabeth Lecron, of Toledo, Ohio, was arrested earlier this month for allegedly trying to blow up a local bar. This wasn’t just some idle talk either. According to authorities, Lecron had bought black powder and 665 screws in order to build a bomb. I bet she wanted to buy 666 but miscounted.

What brings her to us is because according to at least one report, she posted ‘voluminous’ amounts of pictures of the Columbine cowards, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold on Tumblr. It’s always on Tumblr, isn’t it?

It wasn’t just the Columbine losers either. Lecron is said to have sent Nazi propaganda and letters to Dylann Roof, the gunman of the Charleston Church shooting. I guess she missed out on marrying a Menendez brother.

Being a columbiner in high school is bad enough, but if you’re out of school and still trying to be an edgelord by idolizing mass murderers, you have a problem and you should seek mental health immediately. While the definition of normal can be debated, what you’re doing is inherently abnormal by the majority of definitions. If you have a friend that is like this keep a very close eye on them as it may be more than just some kind of gimmick. They could be up to some dangerous activities that could potentially get you killed.

(Sources)
Washington Post
13ABC
WLTX

Blood is dumber than water: Man hides guns for his columbiner son

Blood is dumber than water: Man hides guns for his columbiner son

Connor Chargois

19-year-old Connor Chargois of Saugerties, New York, was arrested back in February after his then high school caught some disturbing posts that Chargois made to social media. It turns out that Chargois is a columbiner. Again for the uninitiated, a columbiner is someone who admires school shooters and often wants to copy them. Chargois was no different as he posted the following on Instagram.

“I envy Eric (Harris) and Dylan (Klebold),” one post by Chargois said, according to police. “It must’ve been so f—ing fun. They had the right f—ing idea. I’m so full of rage. … Nothing f—ing matters anymore.”

“I feel as though I’m not the type of person you’d want to call your friend, but I firmly believe that you do want to call me your enemy. Just remember: when the sh-t hits the fan, there won’t be any time for mercy.”

The high school he was attending at the time caught wind of these posts and contacted local law enforcement. Police asked if there were any weapons in the household and Chargois’ father, Bruce Chargois, said there weren’t any. Actually, there was this many…

chargoisweapons

These were all guns that Connor Chargois was building in the house. The elder Chargois took a number of these guns after the police’s initial contact and hid them at his place of business.

Both father and son have pleaded guilty to the various charges against them.

Now hear me out for a moment because I have this radical idea. If your son is posting on social media about how much he admires school shooters just maybe you shouldn’t let him build guns in the basement. Then again, due to the actions of the father, I would imagine that this is probably a family of ‘responsible’ gun owners.

I wonder what dad’s excuse would have been if sonny boy went on to kill a bunch of people.

(Sources)
Daily Freeman 1
Daily Freeman 2
MidHudsonNews.com

FBI seeks information on prolific social media predator

FBI seeks information on prolific social media predator

Nikko Adolfo Perez

The FBI is looking for more victims of Nikko Adolfo Perez of Atwater, California. Perez has been indicted on several counts of crimes relating to children and social media including receipt of child porn. The 26-year-old Perez is believed to have used a number of social media platforms including Omegle, Instagram, Snapchat, and Kik, among others to coerce children into sending him explicit pictures.

Two victims of Perez are already known and they are two boys from Utah ages 8 and 10. Perez allegedly befriended his victims using the screen name of ‘captainamerica272018’ He was also said to have offered his victims credit on the Google Play Store to send him the pictures and if that didn’t work he would threaten their families with violence. These are the usual tactics of many online predators. The FBI believes that Perez may have more victims and are asking for the public’s help in finding them.

Please contact the FBI by calling 1-800-CALL-FBI (1-800-225-5324) and selecting the option for the Nikko Adolfo Perez investigation. You may also contact your local FBI office, the nearest American Embassy or Consulate, or you can submit a tip online at tips.fbi.gov.

In order to protect your children from predators like this, you have to know that none of the apps and websites mentioned above are suitable for children. The terms of service of these platforms set the minimum age of usage at 13 and even that’s too young for some of these social apps in my opinion. 8 and 10 are way too young for any child to be on any of these apps unsupervised. If you’re letting your kids run free on these apps you may as well just look up the nearest sex offender on your local registry and drop your kids off at their house.

Craigslist ‘hitman’ who killed 19-year-old Colorado girl enters into plea agreement

Craigslist 'hitman' who killed 19-year-old Colorado girl enters into plea agreement

Joseph Michael Lopez

To briefly recap the murder of 19-year-old Natalie Bollinger from  Broomfield, Colorado, reportedly, the despondent Bollinger took out an ad on craigslist last year asking someone to kill her. Friends say that Natalie Bollinger had mental health issues and was suicidal along with having a drug habit.

That does not excuse 22-year-old Joseph Michael Lopez from what he did. Lopez responded to the ad and had no problem shooting Natalie in the head with a gun that she supposedly provided. Further evidence that people who troll craigslist for such ads are a bizarre breed.

Unfortunately, last month prosecutors offered Lopez a plea deal that would spare him a sentence of life without parole.  This went against the wishes of Natalie’s family, however, I speculated that the plea deal was offered because the unusual nature of Natalie’s murder may have caused a jury to have had some reasonable doubt about a conviction.

Earlier this month, Lopez entered into the plea deal, pleading guilty to second-degree murder. He was then subsequently sentenced to 48-years behind bars. Again, in a perfect world, Lopez should have been sentenced to death for indifferently fulfilling the wishes of a mentally ill and vulnerable woman, His behavior was nothing short of sociopathic and if justice were to be truly served then Lopez would never enjoy a breath of outside air ever again.

Illinois craigslist killer resentenced

Illinois craigslist killer resentenced

Timothy Smith

In 2011, Timothy Smith of Woodstock, Illinois,  shot and killed 48-year-old Kurt Milliman. Smith was prostituting his wife on craigslist out of their home and Milliman allegedly got to rough with Smith’s wife. Smith jumped out of hiding and shot Milliman. The couple tried concocting a home invasion story to try to hide their activity. However, investigators saw through the ruse and Smith was convicted of murder in 2013 and sentenced to 50 years behind bars.

In 2015, Smith was granted a new trial on the grounds that the judge at his trial did not allow an involuntary manslaughter charge to be considered by the jury.  It was to no avail, however, as late last month, Smith was once again sentenced to 50 years behind bars for a conviction of first-degree murder. Smith has to serve his entire sentence without the possibility of parole.