12-year-old killed when gun being cleaned by dad went off

Boy, 12, killed by gun being cleaned by dad:

12-year-old Ian Dunn died this past Tuesday after being struck by a round that discharged from a gun his father was cleaning. Kevin Dunn claims that the gun was stored for a long time and he had forgot that the gun had a round in it.

Police are still investigating but they say it appeared to be accidental.

I’m not going to jump on Mr. Dunn because he has to live with what happened.

But when you store a gun aren’t you supposed to make sure that it’s unloaded?

Parents, if you have guns and kids in your house please take every precaution possible to avoid accidents like this.

Thanks to Kathy for the tip.