32-year-old Jill Goff of Tooele, Utah has been charged with homicide after her 2-year-old son, Aiden Goff, ingested methadone and died.
Goff allegedly kept the methadone in a Gatorade bottle between her bed and the wall. She claims she poured the liquid into Aiden’s sippy cup and gave it to him. She then gave it to her other kids ages 5 and 8. When the 8-year-old complained that the drink tasted like medicine it was only then that Goff realized she gave the kids methadone. Sounds like an inadvertent accident right? Where’s the malice you ask?
Instead of calling 911 she tried to get Aiden to vomit and then took a nap with him. She said she didn’t call 911 at first because she was scared. Probably scared of being arrested. As usual the fear of arrest outweighs the well-being of a child. Now instead of a neglect charge she’s been charged with murder.
Let that be a lesson. Would you rather go to jail for a little bit and have live children or go to jail possibly for life and have a dead child on your conscience. Think about it.