28-year-old Amy Hiatt of Noblesville, IN told her 5-year-old son it was ok to heat grease on the stove for french fries. Normally that would be enough to land you on this site but it gets worse.
Because of her lack of parental judgment a grease fire started in the house. Normally that would be enough to land you on this site but it gets worse.
While the house was burning rather than getting her kids out of the house according to police Hiatt just paced around and watched the flames. That definitely gets you on this site but thankfully it gets better. Sort of.
The 5 and 3-year-old boys tried to get their mother out of the house but she wouldn’t go. Luckily some neighbors stormed the house and got the kids out. When the neighbor tried to get Hiatt out it was reported that Hiatt was covered with vomit on her face and wearing a long T-shirt and underwear and didn’t want to leave the house until she put some pants on.
Police say drugs were involved and that Hiatt has a history of abuse and was known by social services.
Anybody shocked by that? I didn’t think so.
Thanks to LadyJade for the tip.